• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB balancing changes--Feedback thread

DeletedUser15432

Well said bmltanit, I have managed north american continent but this was mainly negotiation, however as soon as I got some rangers I was through the progressive continent in less than 2 weeks and at the moment just waiting on Jaegers for the far east, conquered and negotiated 2 entire privinves and 8 sectors if the 3rd, the third province will give me yet another expansion

DeletedUser

I can add to the discussion that this GB rebalanicing is unchaining the hell
on the France server. More than 1200 players have formed a very compact group,
requiring Inno to refund the diamonds invested in the game.
This absurd story is not going to finish soon....

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
"If 1.20 is implemented, will you (A) Leave the game (B) Continue playing (C) Don't know.
That will give FoE devs the real feedback. BTW, mine will be "A".

Actually, I think there's another option..
(D) I won't spend any more on diamonds because I feel I'm being ripped off when I do.

DeletedUser5514

Make peace not war!!!
Maybe the change is for the best, since soon enough people can put great defenses, 24h productions and login once a day to collect.
Make peace not war!!!

DeletedUser13805

Make peace not war!!!
Maybe the change is for the best, since soon enough people can put great defenses, 24h productions and login once a day to collect.
Make peace not war!!!

lol if that hppens then there is no game is there, hell we would all end up like these super players who manage there space so well to collect and belive me its bordom city for me

DeletedUser5514

After the mod Remorce, invited me and other players to quit the game, i transformed my city into farmville. Preparing it for the upcoming changes :)... congrats for your suggestion mod Remorce. Cant wait to have an unbeatable defense :)

PS: better not disagree with devs and mods or else...

DeletedUser

I read the GvG user guide a few times and still don't get what we're supposed to do.

Belcher

Corporal
Just some observations here, folks:

1. Despite what you think/feel, Inno does pay attention to player feedback. There have been announced changes in the past which caused major uproar amongst the player community, but were later modified or reversed based on the constructive feedback of the player community.

2. To have your voice heard, your feedback should be presented in a coherent and logical manner. It should not be laden with insults against the forum moderators who have no say in these decisions, or the the developers who are attempting to provide us all with a game which remains interesting and challenging.

3. Talk is cheap. Yes, many players are unhappy about the GB rebalancing changes just as many have been unhappy about past changes. Many threaten to quit the game if the change is implemented...but history has shown that very few of those making the threats actually leave. So until the rubber hits the road, it's just talk and posturing. If you want to try to make a difference, see points 1 and 2.

4. There is more to it. The proposed changes have impacts in various areas of the game, and the introduction of new features such as GvG brings in other factors which can contribute to imbalances unless addressed. Things like the GB rebalancing are part of that. Yes, some benefits are being lost, but at the same time other new benefits are being introduced. Remember when your parents used to tell you not to say "Yuck" to new food before you taste it?

5. Yes, we understand you are upset. Please do not take your frustrations out on the volunteer moderators or other players. That's just not cool. They're players too, equally affected by these changes, and feeling human beings, not automatons.

DeletedUser96695

For your information :

Althoug GB Balancing is not implement in game world
But is is implement in beta wor;d
zeus is downgrade from 5% attack/defend per level to 3% attack/defend per level

Basil is downgrade from 10% defend to 3% defend with a rubbish (rubbish due to AI ) attack bonus of 3%
The defend strength is actually reduced by 70% !!!
With that rubbish AI defend, i cannot imagine "what is happening" ?

Greywolf

Sergeant
4. There is more to it. The proposed changes have impacts in various areas of the game, and the introduction of new features such as GvG brings in other factors which can contribute to imbalances unless addressed. Things like the GB rebalancing are part of that. Yes, some benefits are being lost, but at the same time other new benefits are being introduced. Remember when your parents used to tell you not to say "Yuck" to new food before you taste it?

Why should the GB rebalancing impact various areas of the game? Why can't the change just impact GvG and leave PvP unchanged? It is possible that the attack and defend bonuses from GB's have a decreased effect on GvG, while still retaining the same effect on PvP as it is right now. By changing PvP as well it will create new unbalances. Players with a lot of watchtowers (like myself) will get a huge advantage to players without them.

I can't imagine that Inno won't adress this issue, which can only lead (imho) in nerfing watchtowers. Causing another structure to be devaluated, which in turn causes more uproar amongst players who spent lots of diamonds on obtaining them.

On itself the nerfing of battle oriented GB's might not be enough reason for a lot of the complaining players to quit. But it's not the 1st time GB's got nerfed, with the emergence of ME the goods poducing GB's and WW's got nerfed. And quite possibly more nerfing is to be expected. These things add up and might become the last straw which can cause a lot of players to quit.

DeletedUser

Many threaten to quit the game if the change is implemented...but history has shown that very few of those making the threats actually leave.
I will definitely not quit before the update. Almost sure I will stay here for some time after the update even if I will hate it. The reason is that I'm addicted to this game, and it is no very easy to quit. It is quite possible that I'll adapt to the change and it may even happen that I will like the game after the update more than now.

But... when the time will finally come to choose another game, "Inno" trademark will be like a "Stop" sign for me. The way Inno acts - major changes to existing features without even explanation why they are doing this (explanations that were given are an insult to player's intelligence) - is not the way to treat customers. I will continue playing FoE because I'm already addicted to it. I will not start another Inno game to not be treated like this again.

DeletedUser14782

I dont know...

We really shouldnt be really kicking this idea around and having a spaz at it until it actually comes out.

It just seems like we dont really know what we are dealing with, because we actually havent tried it out yet.

DeletedUser13082

I dont know...

We really shouldnt be really kicking this idea around and having a spaz at it until it actually comes out.

It just seems like we dont really know what we are dealing with, because we actually havent tried it out yet.

A lot of people play on the beta server where this has already been implemented. As for not knowing, even if you are not a beta player you can easily see that this update is going to ruin the PvP aspect of the game as defence is going to be far too overpowered. If everybody kept quiet until release we would have no way of getting the idea revoked. Once implemented it won't change.

DeletedUser

It just seems like we dont really know what we are dealing with

I know very well what I'm dealing with: if they nerf my GBs, I will have to stop conquering the map (I can barely conquer a sector at the moment, I'm losing 5-8 units per battle (Colonial vs boosted Industrial units)), then work for months to get back to my current level (+90%), which will be the absolute maximum I can ever reach if I manage to spend several thousand FPs on my GBs. That removes all perspectives of development for me on the military side, I can only get back to where I am now :(

It's plain wrong to do that to your active players.

DeletedUser

To be honest, I don't think the developers want players to be conquering canada/mexico with only colonial units.

But, if people cannot win battles using Industrial units, THAT is a problem. I'm not sure how hard that will be after the change.

DeletedUser1081

To be honest, I don't think the developers want players to be conquering canada/mexico with only colonial units.
But, if people cannot win battles using Industrial units, THAT is a problem. I'm not sure how hard that will be after the change.

Even with early Prog units it's just plain too hard. The superhuman NPC armies on the continent need adjusting or they'll just kill the last shreds of motivation.

DeletedUser3157

Well if you never had any offensive GBs in first place, defeating for example some of the InA bonus area sectors with InA units was impossible and quite difficult with PE units, so not much will change there :P

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1081

Well if you never had any offensive GBs in first place, defeating for example some of the InA bonus area sectors with InA units was impossible and quite difficult with PE units, so not much will change there :P

The difference is that pre-1.20 we've had a chance of achieving a corresponding boost if we make the effort.

Last edited by a moderator: