• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB balancing changes--Feedback thread

DeletedUser276

But, if people cannot win battles using Industrial units, THAT is a problem. I'm not sure how hard that will be after the change.

Are they using the units that are strong against the units they are fighting? ie all unit types are weak against certain other unit types. However there are unit types they are very strong against.

Attacking armored units with long range on your side isnt a very good tactic as they can shrug off ranged attacks fairly easily. Light units can cut through them fairly easily though.

DeletedUser1081

Appropriate units are being used by someone with a good amount of experience at (non-auto-pilot) PvP. Facing the 120%-boosted Industrial armies on the American continent with a 30% boost is just plain too hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13805

Appropriate units are being used by someone with a good amount of experience at (non-auto-pilot) PvP. Beating the 120%-boosted Industrial armies on the American continent with a 30% boost is just plain too hard.

i remember there was one battle on that map that cause me a lot of failed attempts i had 55% boost at the time, the battle was against a lot of howitzers if i remember correctly and they had a huge boost that made even rifles take about 3 or 4 shots to kill them and there was either lancers or jaggers in with the army which made trying to beat it almost imposable with 8 riles, i think i finaly overcome it when i got my boost up to 60% but it was the hardest battle i had on that map.

DeletedUser3157

Are they using the units that are strong against the units they are fighting? ie all unit types are weak against certain other unit types. However there are unit types they are very strong against.

Attacking armored units with long range on your side isnt a very good tactic as they can shrug off ranged attacks fairly easily. Light units can cut through them fairly easily though.

They speaking about that InA bonus area where no matter how good or what units to use, you can't get it through them unless you have some offensive GBs or use more advanced units. Matter of fact, I'd actually give high respect to any player who manages to defeat the final canada and mexico provinces all sectors using unboosted PE units, it's a pretty nice challenge tbh.

Appropriate units are being used by someone with a good amount of experience at (non-auto-pilot) PvP. Beating the 120%-boosted Industrial armies on the American continent with a 30% boost is just plain too hard.

I think those fights are meant to be hard. They are after all bonus section, and if u can't fight u can negotiate them, that's what I mostly did in the worlds where I posses no/minimal military. Some of those InA bonus area fights are toughest fights in the entire map even including the final ME ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1081

I think those fights are meant to be hard. They are after all bonus section

I realize they're meant to be hard. They were hard before 1.20, when I had a 50% boost, but with perseverance they were doable. Now they're not doable, and it's deeply demotivational.

Yes, I know I can negotiate if I get the goods together in between efforts to progress through the tech tree. But it's very far from satisfying, fun or even sensible. Superhuman armies with impossible boosts - who decided to turn FoE into a sci-fi game??

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I have no offensive GBs in Brisgard and I'm on the second province of the InA map...I'm trying to see how well I can do without any bonuses...it's not so easy hehehee

DeletedUser13805

@ mr beef i got upto the end of the ind age tech tree without a castle and its then i got my first castle as there was nothing else left to do with the forge points the bonus maps were not out either on the ind age map so i had completed all the ind age map without a boost as well : ) thats my one claim to fame in the game as it was hard playing with no boosts but at least it grounded me well in using the troops and maps to my advantage etc : )

DeletedUser

On one world I play, I decided to attempt the 140% boosted battle last night (in preparation for the upcoming attack bonus nerf) using my 115% boosted Industrial units. It was 3 howitzers, 3 breech loaders, and 2 rifles.

I went in with 7 rifles and 1 jaeger, I lost 6 rifles, my 7th rifle was at half health. So it's doable and REALLY DIFFICULT with 115% attack. That level of attack will be impossible to attain after 1.20, so I'm glad I got it done now.

DeletedUser7719

I have no offensive GBs in Brisgard and I'm on the second province of the InA map...I'm trying to see how well I can do without any bonuses...it's not so easy hehehee
Once you get past the 3rd or 4th province in the InA Bonus Content, you're gonna need PE units (my guarantee :p)

DeletedUser12666

Hopefully Inno have now shot themselves in the foot, I have never been a diamond player and would be even more bitter if I was as many have got their GB's that way, with my GB's it has been from others and my own time, effort and FP's building up GB's , now they halve the value why? what was the point? do they want us to spend more? this game was a success, I am going to decide wether or not to waste any more of my time because they will probably do something else in the future to rip us off.

DeletedUser98072

Now, I don't want to be one of dozens and dozens of people complaining about "I've been nerfed", and then ignored by the game designers. But I guess I'm going to be. I think it's fair enough to reduce the impact of the GBs on PvP if they're intent on the Guild Wars being important and fair. However, the consequence of this being that it's harder to defeat the npc 'nations' (and simultaneously making them tougher) makes the non-Guild Wars game slower and less fun. This cannot be a good thing and increases the likelihood that I will just stop.

DeletedUser98483

So, does the comment made previously about being able to conquer the last province in Canada with the right strategy & troops still hold true now that ALL sectors of the map have had their defence bonuses DOUBLED????? Santa Catalina yesterday was 60% att, 60% def. Today it is 60% att, 120% def. All map sectors are the same - defences have doubled.

Nerfed GBs AND unannounced doubling of map sector defence???.

and we are supposed to be able to beat this increased unannounced defence with nerfed GBs. Cloud cuckoo land must be out there somewhere.....or maybe I just need to look for pink things in the sky going oink? Just logging off now - need to find some magic mushrooms.

DeletedUser276

I am not aware of any boosts to defense of the provinces. This was not announced in the changelog. It might be a bug created with the addition of the coding.

DeletedUser98072

Well, Grand Gap (Colonial Age bonus province) was +20%/20% yesterday and is +20%/40% today. Dragon City (Industrial Age province) was 50%/50% yesterday and is +50%/100% today. So either they didn't tell you, or it's a bug. If it's a bug, please fix it.
xx
WQ

DeletedUser10126

If nerfing of the offensive/defensive GB's was required it should have been done years ago and not at the moment a huge update that uses GB's bonuses was launched.

It has left a poor taste in the mouths of many and for those not interested in GVG a much more difficult task to progress through the continental map.

I'm trying to be as polite in my feedback as possible.

DeletedUser100673

I paid hard earned money on diamonds to get PB's for GB's...and now the boost is taken or severly diminshed...I think a refund is in order...look at my purchasing record and see...you have stolen money via misrepresentation

DeletedUser10126

I imagine there is small print when you buy diamonds that the game may change at any point and that you understand this upon purchase.

As said though this only inflames the upset caused by this mistake.

DeletedUser276

all games get a rehash and a rebalance ever so often. I know a certain tank game that nerfed a particular unit right out of use. Its there but so weak that its pointless.

We get a rebalance ever 10 months or so. Generally things arent changed this strongly. However this balance will be here to stay. Things will be added down the road and gameplay will slightly change. No where with this % effect I believe.

If nerfing of the offensive/defensive GB's was required it should have been done years ago and not at the moment a huge update that uses GB's bonuses was launched.

The buildings were changed now I believe because with 30% gbs with a secondary bonus they wouldnt have made any sense and players would complain they made little difference with the pvp areas.

It has left a poor taste in the mouths of many and for those not interested in GVG a much more difficult task to progress through the continental map.

I understand. gvg always was though going to be an integral part of the game. As such when your missing a huge chunk you fill it with something. When you place it you remove the huge chunk that was holding its spot. There are also bonus's on the gvg map that can be earned and won to better the guild.

I'm trying to be as polite in my feedback as possible.

I appreciate that. it is nice to talk to a person who is calm. The pvp is just a bit harder and not impossible. Anwar our head coder went through the game in his account with no gbs and still got through. If a province is too hard then negotiations is where it is at.

DeletedUser7719

I think people are going to need proof Remorce ;) (and I thought Anwar was the one who programmed the AI, so knowing exactly how the computer thinks is a big advantage as well, isn't it?)

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I have just said my goodbyes to my guildmates.

The assumption that players will carry on playing despite being cheated and ignored is wrong. This game has been ruined for me, so I'm calling it a day.

Goodbye.

Last edited: