• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB balancing changes--Feedback thread

DeletedUser10126

I appreciate that. it is nice to talk to a person who is calm. The pvp is just a bit harder and not impossible. Anwar our head coder went through the game in his account with no gbs and still got through. If a province is too hard then negotiations is where it is at.

I don't play PvP so this update doesn't affect me in that regard and I have enjoyed the rest of the game.

I liked the fact that you could "Forge your own empire" and play the campaign with 100% military or 100% negotiations - Now we are forced to do both!

Fortunately I'm in a guild that does not force us to play GvG but it has caused rifts because of what your developers have done.

I understand the GB %'s will not change back but I would like to see a reward for winning GvG greater than a few measly FP's, marginally reduced waiting times and building costs. It's so not worth the resources I won't bother. All I get is a nerfed set of GB's

DeletedUser99212

The GB nerfs do leave a bitter taste in the mouth after all the time spent; months and months of motivating and polishing and then leveling them up (and in some cases money spent too) so I would've thought FoE would be expecting a rather large negative response to this move - the feedback isn't really a surprise is it?

I'm not sure how being in a "very busy position dealing with the same posts on every single release of the game gets tiring hearing the same old thing over and over about how the game is going to die and how innogames doesnt respect the players" has anything to do with us as ordinary players/customers. This is the feedback forum and why we're here and as an "Overseer" I'm sorry you have to oversee all this stuff :) - I wouldn't do it.

"... But those same players stick around update after update saying the same thing over and over riling up more players *shrug* easier to start afresh than to keep pushing a circular logic with many posts misleading and antagonizing other players"

There may well be an element of this as with any customer service/feedback forum. However, deleting/removing honest and genuine feedback from real players/customers who wish to have their say and/or care because a few rotten apples "mislead and antagonize other players" isn't really a great move but hey, I'm just an ordinary player :)

I hope FOE doesn't die... But I can see the new "Grind vs Grind" becoming less fun as only a handful of guilds completely dominate each age of the map.

DeletedUser

I've read the forums and the response to GvG. It seems they introduced this without really thinking it all the way through. As a permanent feature, it changes the game completely. It's like midway through a chess game tournament the rules are changed to make the rook worth 3 points because the losing players were being dominated by the better player's rooks.....ludicrous....if I had more money I would hire a slick international attorney....or possibly some devious operators....I've never lost this much money on anything without considering serious retribution!

DeletedUser98205

I now largely stay in the game because of the friends, if Inno was a shop they would have gone bust with their poor attitude to players/customers. To me GVG has been a bit of a flop it has been a sinkhole for time and resources, whoopy do a building get get built 10 min quicker.

After all the time and effort getting my GB's up and all the investing from my friends got wiped out by the wiping out of the benefits, does anyone remember being told that this would happen. What happened to level up options we were going to be given, I noticed that has gone quiet. I bet that will take as long to sort out as the phantom "Great Things" we were promised about the duplicate BP.

As for the extremely helpful (not) comment about the same issues being raised. If the Mods and powers that be get fed up of seeing the same issues being raised, how about doing something about it then.

DeletedUser

I think the Mods and powers that be are trying to provide a good game experience for players, but it is very difficult to please all of the people all of the time. It can be disappointing to hear that players feel that they have had a bad experience, but the feedback is also useful as without it lessons cannot be learned.

DeletedUser7719

If the Mods and powers that be get fed up of seeing the same issues being raised, how about doing something about it then.
Mods can't really do something about it; only admins (since they have better contact with the devs) ;)

P.S. buildings never get built quicker with any Guild Bonus, only cost less and units get trained/healed quicker :)

DeletedUser98205

So what happened to the fabled level ups for the GB's that were promised or is that the same as the mythical Great Things" we were supposed to be able to do with the surplus BP's.

LarryB

Private
So what happened to the fabled level ups for the GB's that were promised or is that the same as the mythical Great Things" we were supposed to be able to do with the surplus BP's.

Yes. what happened to the GB level up we were PROMISED when we all complained about our GBs being devalued.

Is this Inno promising something to shut us up and then not delivering.

DeletedUser

Yes. what happened to the GB level up we were PROMISED when we all complained about our GBs being devalued.

Is this Inno promising something to shut us up and then not delivering.

Given that any player with Modern Era GBs would not actually be able do a level up on them at this point in time, I would suggest that this will not be put into place until after the Postmodern Era has been implemented. It would not be fair to give some players the ability to do a level up, and leave others hanging around because their GBs are at the highest level possible.

DeletedUser13082

Given that any player with Modern Era GBs would not actually be able do a level up on them at this point in time, I would suggest that this will not be put into place until after the Postmodern Era has been implemented. It would not be fair to give some players the ability to do a level up, and leave others hanging around because their GBs are at the highest level possible.

I think you have misunderstood the level up. This was something promised in which a player can go higher than level 10 on a great building. Not to level up a great building from one age to the next as that wouldn't make any difference to the great building anyway.

DeletedUser

I think you have misunderstood the level up. This was something promised in which a player can go higher than level 10 on a great building. Not to level up a great building from one age to the next as that wouldn't make any difference to the great building anyway.

Yes I have - blaming it on a long day out in real life and lack of coffee. Well, still wait for announcements - it may be the case that it's not the best idea to introduce that along with the recent major feature of GvG and plans for the Postmodern Era.

If GBs are to go up to level 11, then all the GBs will need to have payouts for that level.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13082

Yes I have - blaming it on a long day out in real life and lack of coffee. Well, still wait for announcements - it may be the case that it's not the best idea to introduce that along with the recent major feature of GvG and plans for the Postmodern Era.

If GBs are to go up to level 11, then all the GBs will need to have payouts for that level.

My assumption, however only speculation on my behalf, is that the GB level cap removal and the "wondrous things" to come concerning BP's will be on in the same. A full set of BP's will equate to a level up past level 10 up to level 11. Then another 2 full sets for level 11 to level 12 and so on. As I say though, simply speculation on my part, personally I think it would be a good idea too :p.

However the level cap does have to be removed 100%. Players who own offensive GB's were promised 1 free level up ticket for each of them when the level cap is removed. To then go back on that promise would be very bad for business. Also the cause of the drop in bonus from offensive GB's was GvG, so GvG couldn't act as a preventative :p

DeletedUser98205

But yet again it is an empty promise just like the mythical "Wondrous things" we were supposed to do with the surplus blueprints. Is anyone actualy going to step up and give eh truth as to whether these things will ever happen?

DeletedUser7719

But yet again it is an empty promise just like the mythical "Wondrous things" we were supposed to do with the surplus blueprints. Is anyone actualy going to step up and give eh truth as to whether these things will ever happen?
They mentioned somewhere that this was far down the pipeline, so I would say before 2015 unless another feature (not special event) is implemented