• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB balancing changes - discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5904

5 great buildings and wishing wells nerfed with ME release.
3 more great buildings nerfed in anticipation of the release of Guild Wars, a piece of content that has been bandied about for over a year now and is still only 10% realized on Beta (according to Blacksmith on page 13 of this thread).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

[1] The majority of player wants are fickle as they change daily on whims and whomever points them in certain directions. it sounds callous to say that but its the truth. There are threads where players complain the game is too war concentrated.... then ones where its too sim city style. There are threads stating to nerf attack and def bonus's and ones where players say to get more. There is a priority system for a reason so no they are not detached.

[2] You hit the nail on the head right there. Players were attacking others and cleaning def troops with little to no damage. I fight players with 200% def bonus above my attack and can still beat them. The % are being concentrated on too hard. They make a difference sure. but you have to start using unit weakness troops to defeat certain units. Players were NOT doing that really before on a large scale. Players were just throwing up troops and swamping the defense.

Just to throw my 2 cents in b/c as usual I have to agree with hint. He is mentioning a very specific change that has not waxed and waned. This has been by far the most consistently requested thing and it is not vague like "it is too sim city like" (which isn't nearly as common anyways). He also mentioned the ease with which it would be changed. This isn't something that gives a minor convenience btw. Going through hundreds to find an unattached each time is ridiculous. I am not sure how your response really responds to what he said. I would love to hear about this though b/c it is something I was wondering as well.

The second paragraph is the result of a mistake on your point I think. He was talking about the 1:1 scale of battlefield and how quickly those battles go. The 1.5 scale battles take forever. He wasn't talking about GB boosts, just giving another example.

DeletedUser12086

Hiya guys 'n girls,

Thank you for your enthusiastic feedback, however this thread was quickly going out of control and becoming a slanging match. I have done a little bit of cleaning, and have set it back to visible so no-one will lose the comments they have made. It will remain locked now as there is now another discussion thread ongoing, so if you have further comments, please direct them to this thread.

We do welcome your feedback, and your comments and suggestions come under regular discussion. However, when posting on forums, we ask that you present your viewpoint in courteous manner and keep the discussion to the actual changes or subject of the thread. When a thread reduces to personal attacks and arguing points of wording, the focus is lost from the actual change, and so it is in everyone's interests to remain on topic and polite.

Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.