• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB balancing changes - discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

then we would have people screaming about wasted hood space and how people in Industrial age are safe from Progressive era troops but progressive era players are getting hit from Ind age players.

honestly this is getting blown up beyond where it should be.

I attack players that have tons more defensive stats than I have attack and I still get through their defenses. Your thinking of a balanced fight. at 0% and 0% you can clear through a defensive unit stack quite easilly thanks to the stupidity that is our AI. It has gotten better but still. With me having 0 attack bonus I still take on players quite a bit higher than me.

its not a even battlefield.. the change more affects gvg not pvp.

yes, the system needed to be tweeked to help the defense AI, like just add offense to the defensive buildings, but the changes made give way too much advantage to the good defense, since the offense maxes out at quite a low number even with maxed out GB.

DeletedUser276

It does concern me that only the person placing the armies defense bonus will count, I did hope it would be more of a guild thing but again it will be the same for every one so its fair.

I know it will switch again. I know whats coming and can be fairly sure that it will switch.. but not to what you think ;)

DeletedUser

I am a little taken aback to read back and see that Pzkpfwv1d's post of 21.05 has been edited and he has been banned.

There are a lot of reasonable posts on here and many that I think FoE should consider move before they implement the proposed change. For me Pzkpfwv1d's post was the one that summed up the situation best though (and it still does even in its edited form). I didn't find anything antagonistic in it. He's purely trying to point out to the powers that be that he personally thinks this would be a very poor business decision for you. And I for one agree with him.

DeletedUser276

So many questions asked, so few answered. Is that because there are no good and acceptable answers to simple yet reasonable questions? I have asked NUMEROUS questions and not had a response, any chance of getting one?

sorry I am a but swamped with going through here. What question do you want answered.
I am a little taken aback to read back and see that Pzkpfwv1d's post of 21.05 has been edited and he has been banned.

As I warned being antagonistic or sarcastic or insulting admins in your posts in here will result in a ban of 24 hours from the forums. I dont mind people putting in their two bits but there is a PROPER way to do it.

There are a lot of reasonable posts on here and many that I think FoE should consider move before they implement the proposed change. For me Pzkpfwv1d's post was the one that summed up the situation best though (and it still does even in its edited form). I didn't find anything antagonistic in it. He's purely trying to point out to the powers that be that he personally thinks this would be a very poor business decision for you. And I for one agree with him.

yes when I edit posts I leave the gist of what was said so it makes sense. I only remove what is against the rules or community.

DeletedUser97960

My post on the 5th page of this thread contains most of my questions, all of which I think are pretty reasonable.

DeletedUser

I agree with Madnat that none of those questions seem to have been answered.

In addition the other one that leaps out at being unanswered is:

"I trust then that their will be something to compensate those players who have spent a lot of time and effort getting their attack great builsings to maximum level as this seems to penalize those players more than any other player group."

Rob

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Let me say that I think Remorce has been put in a difficult position here. I disagree with most of his views on this subject, but I'm sure he's doing his best as a community manager. None of this is personal - we are just fed up with being treated like this. Nearly everyone in this thread is an experienced player who's views should be taken more seriously. Pzkpfwv1d is right - this isn't good business practice.

DeletedUser97960

Let me say that I think Remorce has been put in a difficult position here. I disagree with most of his views on this subject, but I'm sure he's doing his best as a community manager. None of this is personal - we are just fed up with being treated like this. Nearly everyone in this thread is an experienced player who's views should be taken more seriously. Pzkpfwv1d is right - this isn't good business practice.

Totally agree with you here

DeletedUser

Of course - agree with Praeceptor. Nothing personal at all. Obviously a difficult situation when so many people are complaining. My point was purely that I agreed with Pzkpfwv1d's point. As I suspect most do.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
What is very interesting is that the thread complaining about neighbourhood blackmailing has just 50 posts over ten days, whereas this thread has 108 posts in 4 1/2 hours.

Who do the devs think they need to keep happy? The experienced players, or the whingers?

DeletedUser99263

Very bad news. It would have been easier to permanently delete the option "plunder".
The game will lose a lot of interest for me... Hope that GvG will compensate this "levelling down/race to the bottom".

Before, because of my good gestion & strategy, i could defeat somes troops from 2 ages above mine...
The same with my abilities to defend my village against some players who started the game several months before me.

Now, it's time for my neighbors to take their revenge because they waste many ressources (and time) to build military barracks, most of the time useless.

Bravo! Ironic. :(

DeletedUser13805

@ hint : ) your right it does make me happy

honestly fellas we had all this screaming when they changed the game from useing 7 long range and a gren for attack, i am sure we will all work around the changes, as for me it makes no difference as i manual battle daily anyway so it might take me an extra hour or if the defense is to strong i will not be able to beat it ? so whats up with that ? its a game isnt it and for to long us with the huge attack boosts have had it easy, way to easy for pvp and now at last something is being done to try to make us work a bit for our points so its a thumbs up from me as i am up for the challenge

DeletedUser7719

I'm pretty sure that anything already addressed by Remorce will most likely not be commented on again, so I'll bring this comment up:
Will PvP points be increased now (or should I say rank point per PvP points as I'm assuming we will still not earn any from Guild Wars)? With the current change, there will definitely be less battles, correct?
I also asked for an increase when the there was an AI improvement and a dev/designer did say he was going to give one, but I have yet to see it :P

DeletedUser96867

What is very interesting is that the thread complaining about neighbourhood blackmailing has just 50 posts over ten days, whereas this thread has 108 posts in 4 1/2 hours.

Who do the devs think they need to keep happy? The experienced players, or the whingers?

This clearly has nothing to do with the blackmail situation as it does nothing at all to prevent or discourage that. On the contrary it is going to increase the plundering and blackmailing to new levels.

DeletedUser96745

Worst update ever.

If most active players finish tech tree fast, they build what they desire and that is the end of building part of the game. Then it is PVP time, but it looks its gonna be to difficult, so they won't be doing PVP more.. We will get bored between eras are released. Really not a good move.

Only if this update is meant to get rid of expirienced, maybe diamond players. :(

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
@ hint : ) your right it does make me happy

...its a game isnt it and for to long us with the huge attack boosts have had it easy, way to easy for pvp and now at last something is being done to try to make us work a bit for our points so its a thumbs up from me as i am up for the challenge

There is some merit in your view desy - it is just a game after all. I think what has rattled most of our cages is the way time and again the goalposts are moved after we've planned (and some people spent) to optimise our cities without any consultation.

If our views aren't important, why not just close these boards down?

DeletedUser276

Once again, if the plundering is an issue why has the decision not been taken to remove the plunder option?

plundering is an issue but its gotten too common place. You can go up against players with way higher tech troops and still win easilly.

If people being blackmailed by plunderers is a problem, why not change the wording of the rules so that blackmailing in this way is against the rules?

because thats just too strict and mean.

What happens when you get to the Industrial age sectors on the map and you have to fight armies with 40%, 50%, 60%, 75%, even 110% defensive boost? Unless you can get all military GBs fully levelled these sectors will be impossible.

there are more bonus stuff that will be coming out. but doesnt matter... I have 0 attack bonus in my city and can still damage units with 200% defense if I use the units that are weak against that specific unit. Players arnt thinking of weakness's but just rolling through other units and taking minimal damage.

Why will people invest in GBs that have become virtually worthless anyway? Without investors nobody is going to get a fully levelled GB are they; nobody will want to bother trying to get bps for GBs that appear to be worthless.

thats up to you. However if they are worthless then so are all other bonus's. so then feel free to go gb less in all aspects.

As for the GvG side of things, the comments that most of us have seen are that GvG doesn't offer enough rewards to make doing it worthwhile. Suggestions for improvements to GvG seem to have been largely ignored. Why implement this change to all of our GBs for something that looks unlikely to work out anyway?

Because you have no idea what gvg is about. Whats out for gvg is like 10% of what the final picture is for gvg. Thats why it seems like things are ignored... because unfortunately the only ones that know the final product are devs and some admins.

I'm sorry if you don't like the feedback but this just makes absolutely no sense at all.

I love feedback. But only if its worded nicely instead of people throwing tantrums like soiled diaper babies. yours is worded very nicely and I am happy to respond back. I just missed it due to the diapers in other posts. ;)

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I think we're wasting our time trying to get this decision changed. They've never reconsidered anything before. It will be interesting to see if this spills out into the general gaming forums. I saw a few very negative comments when the ME goods GBs were nerfed, and I wouldn't be surprised to see more bad publicity over this. Such a shame.

DeletedUser5514

People are complaining for more than a year about distinguishing more easily unattached from attached units but nothing is done about it... seems to me this game is becoming more a farmville type of game. You benefit the ones who give you less internet traffic since they attack less or not at all.

I repeat my old question: does this game have its days counted?

On what great buildings or the watchfires?

How will this cause problems?

yes. The current balance for guild vs guild was too high and it didnt matter much on your defensive bonus as the most active would always win. Had to find a way to balance out the gvg. People were complaining bigtime before that they get attacked and plundered non stop and how its unfair..

Players were telling other players that if they donated FP to their great buildings that they would stop plundering them causing the defensive players to cry blackmail as they couldnt mount a proper defense. This settles things across a larger pile than just what your considering.

DeletedUser96745

If we love FoE, we love it the way it is. If GvG will be an adon, try to make us to love it too. But really it is not right way, to modify FoE for adon, that maybe we won't even like.

Status
Not open for further replies.