• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB balancing changes - discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3157

So the 3/3 per level for OGBs and DGBs is effective only for GvG fights and they stay the same 5/5 and 0/10 in normal map and pvp fights? Or now 3/3 in everywhere?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15432

That is just what I was going to ask, if the latter is the case, this will make ordinary PvP battles impossible in some cases as some people have defence bonuses of 600 or more, couple this with an attack bonus for the defenders and nobody will be able to penetrate their defences. The woding in this announcement could do with some clarification please

DeletedUser

So basically a watchtower is now going to give the equivalent, and then some, (in defensive terms) as a level of a Great Building? Terrible. Just terrible. So all the people that spent mucho coin on those things are now going to have almost impenetrable defensive armies? Wonderful. Another great update. Not.

DeletedUser14664

what ?! so with all 3 GB, the attack bonus will be (total) - 90% ?! seriosly ?!

also, then you attack, you will have 90% attack and defence. but the defending army will have 60% attack and defence (with max lvl GB) PLUS a ridiculous amount of % from the fires?

DeletedUser

I'm ok with this. But I want my monastery back. I deleted it because it was worthless.

Nilopertiso

Corporal
Just to clarify - in normal PvP gameplay, the defense GBs will now offer 3% extra per level rather than 10%, and likewise with attacking ones, 3% each per level rather than 5%, or have I read this wrong?

DeletedUser276

So basically a watchtower is now going to give the equivalent, and then some, (in defensive terms) as a level of a Great Building? Terrible. Just terrible. So all the people that spent mucho coin on those things are now going to have almost impenetrable defensive armies? Wonderful. Another great update. Not.

On what great buildings or the watchfires?

With watchfires remaining the same, it will cause problems.

How will this cause problems?

what ?! so with all 3 GB, the attack bonus will be (total) - 90% ?! seriosly ?!

yes. The current balance for guild vs guild was too high and it didnt matter much on your defensive bonus as the most active would always win. Had to find a way to balance out the gvg. People were complaining bigtime before that they get attacked and plundered non stop and how its unfair..

Players were telling other players that if they donated FP to their great buildings that they would stop plundering them causing the defensive players to cry blackmail as they couldnt mount a proper defense. This settles things across a larger pile than just what your considering.

DeletedUser3157

How will this cause problems?

Made some calcs. With all 3 offensive GBs, fighting someone with 2 maxed defensive GBs and 16 watchfires(currently 264% bonus) attacker and defender will have same damages. That means that fight would be as if fighting someone with 525% defense bonus is right now. Anything above 16 and attacker will be at disadvantage from start. People can have a looot more than that, so that can cause some balancing problems.

DeletedUser

Going to be issues. All that needed to be done was to have a second GB in the ME that ONLY gave +3% attack per level to defending armies. That would have been enough to balance things out in my opinion. This is just hot garbage. As usual.

DeletedUser276

Dralucious out of curiosity when did you get access to our database to know how the percentages interact and all totals of unit values including terrain type interaction to come up with the thought that the 3% on only one gb was adequate?

Made some calcs. With all 3 offensive GBs, fighting someone with 2 maxed defensive GBs and 16 watchfires(currently 264% bonus) attacker and defender will have same damages. That means that fight would be as if fighting someone with 525% defense bonus is right now. Anything above 16 and attacker will be at disadvantage from start. People can have a looot more than that, so that can cause some balancing problems.

right which coincides with my previous post. for balancing on players who figure they are getting blackmailed.

When we listen to players we get yelled at... when we dont listen to players we get yelled at ;)

DeletedUser96867

I doubt this decrease will have much effect on plundering, as that is often done by players ages ahead of the lower rank players in a hood. On the other hand a few % decrease in the attack bonus of these GB's will make attacking the IndA sectors with 75% to over 100% attack and defense boosts nearly impossible without having really high level attack GB's. If anything it's going to encourage me to 'blackmail' players to donate fp as i now have to get my GB's to a higher level just to fight the sectors.

DeletedUser6872

probably the worst update EVER!!! How can u DECREASE the defence of the GB's, while NOT decreasing the def of the fires?
That would mean we will have 90% att/def, while the enemy has 300% def and 60%att!!!!!!

DeletedUser276

yeah but you wont be able to blackmail much. As the hood merges continue lower level players will get pulled from disadvantageous hoods.

DeletedUser

I can see a lot of people being really angry about this, but if you take a step back, you will realize this was absolutely necessary for GvG to work at all. It isn't like battling was even remotely a challenge with how OP the attack GBs were anyways. That being said, I do have to wonder about the numbers here. Those watchfires and monastery aren't looking nearly as stupid now I suppose.

At the same time, I think this is kind of an odd move because it only further discourages battling. Given the fact that new merge system has killed any motivation many had for battling, a further chilling effect seems a little puzzling.

DeletedUser

This is a good update and will bring more interest to the game.
Battles will last less time and auto-battle will be very risky.

Also did you consider changing the wichfires to 1% attack and 1% defense when defending and the monastery to 5% attack and defense?
That whould be even better..

DeletedUser99501

How does this work out in gvg, say with the defence is it calculated from all the guilds GB's or just the person who placed the army.

DeletedUser97393

who will have many watchfire will be impregnable in the hood. Why?
Eg. I will have 90% attack and defence in attack mode, my neighbour will have 60% A and D ++++ watchfire let's say another 400% D.... He will have 460% , i will have a chance if I know what army he have and I wil have many losses,,,
But the winning chance will be 1% if you attack blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.