• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Friends Tavern

DeletedUser108047

I am doing what tutti is doing - aiding after visiting as it seems the only way to keep track other than go through the social bar every few hours

One problem with this approach is that you are delaying your aid (and thus 20 coins and chance of a BP) until your friend has cleared the tavern table - potentially for up to day or two... which I can see leading to some potential tension between 'friends' not aiding each other etc.

I'm prepared to wait a while to see whether this is just a bottleneck caused by small table size. As the table sizes and number of chairs increase it should be easier to get a seat at a table and the tables will need less regular clearing. At the moment - if you have three seats and 120 friends - you have to clear the table every 35 mins or so (and have it fill immediately) to get all your friends through your tavern daily... an impossibility I would say. But if your table has 10 sets - you only need to clear it 12 times in the day

DeletedUser109018

He's an idea, how about a 'doorman' feature that forms a line outside your tavern? Better still a 'Bouncer' that removes the earlier patrons.(after removing their silver first of course). Even if he kept a percentage,or heaven forbid it was a diamond only feature.....
I will give it a few weeks & see how it goes. As I am in a small guild I already have an almost full friends list of active players,not going to 'unfriend' someone that aids me almost daily over this feature.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
If you click 'Aid' right after you visit a friend's tavern, you will always see clearly who you've visited already from your list, and better yet, when you can re-visit them, when the 24 hours are up.

Actually, I have been doing this from the start, but that still doesn't excuse the lack of a proper feedback mechanism for the feature. One useful side effect of doing this though is that you can see who on your friends list is active without trawling through your event history. I've begun to cut out the dead wood already!

DeletedUser9168

this works fine until you have guild mates on your friends list. because i aid all guild mates daily, their aid times are not connected to their table times, so it gets confusing when you have players on more than one list

DeletedUser14704

This is by far and away the most ill thought out "feature" ever to be added to the game.
It's a massive time sink, bringing us back tothe days of manually visiting friends continually at a time when Flash lag is an absolute nightmare and for what?
Unless you just repeatedly visit, chances are you'll be lucky to catch even 5% with an open table seat, meanwhile returning home at regualr intervals to empty your own so others can get a chance to take a seat and this is magnified by the different time zones everybody has.
After wasting hours and hours going back and forth, the so-called "rewards" of this effort are minimal at best even if you invest thousands of diamonds into it, and believe me I was not happy when I spent diamonds to expand the table only to discover I was then expected to "buy" the seats as well at rapidly increasing costs, what an absolute con.
Then there's the blurb on the announcement, about it being a "social feature" to increase the number of "friends" in the game, but the reality is completely the opposite as guild mates are not included as eligible, so you have to hack away existing friends to make room for those guild mates you wish to assist and with the daft way the FL works, by 80 you can't invite anyway and quite likely your friend is in the same boat even though you might both still have 60 slots available.
Honestly Inno, why did you not read the feedback on Test?
What you've created here is a broken vacuum cleaner, it both sucks and blows at the same time. :(
Lose it, and refund the diamonds wasted please, and don't think of reintroducing it in such a poor state.

The Tominator

Sergeant
haha ..do u really believe inno take any notice of these threads..numb nutz u lot are....this forum is here because the game is so bad and only place u can vent your anger amongst the other angry customers

The Coin Boost Doesn't Work! Hey people, you might want to try the cheapest boost to test the function.

It would appear that the real design feature is to suck up thousands of diamonds for the table & seat upgrades!

Last edited:

DeletedUser105544

Please Inno boys/girls, before introducing new features into friends tavern, put some effort to fix GvG lag.

It is like selling a car and trying to rise a price with new luxury gadgets, without resolving previous problem with one wheel which is missing on it.

What should I do with attacking bonus which I get from this tavern, when I can't use it in battle because GvG doesn't work?

Last edited by a moderator:

rjs66

Lieutenant
anybody else think the city shield is a bit unbalanced ?

eventually people are going to have enough seats to continually generate enough coins to shield their city permanently
why then bother with the city defence boost ?

and not being able to attack will kill pvp...
people attack neighbours for points as well as the chance to plunder
can't attack = no points
why bother putting in defence if you can't be attacked
some people won't bother building troops and just play the game as farmville or sim city whilst being constantly protected
(is this what the game designers want)

by all means protect against plunder for 72 hours (and maybe make it cost a bit more) - but at least let us attack
or this will effectively kill one of the fundamental parts of the game
you can't constantly GvG - and there are only 48 expeditions to fight

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
This is by far and away the most ill thought out "feature" ever to be added to the game.
It's a massive time sink, bringing us back tothe days of manually visiting friends continually at a time when Flash lag is an absolute nightmare and for what?
Unless you just repeatedly visit, chances are you'll be lucky to catch even 5% with an open table seat, meanwhile returning home at regualr intervals to empty your own so others can get a chance to take a seat and this is magnified by the different time zones everybody has.
After wasting hours and hours going back and forth, the so-called "rewards" of this effort are minimal at best even if you invest thousands of diamonds into it, and believe me I was not happy when I spent diamonds to expand the table only to discover I was then expected to "buy" the seats as well at rapidly increasing costs, what an absolute con.
Then there's the blurb on the announcement, about it being a "social feature" to increase the number of "friends" in the game, but the reality is completely the opposite as guild mates are not included as eligible, so you have to hack away existing friends to make room for those guild mates you wish to assist and with the daft way the FL works, by 80 you can't invite anyway and quite likely your friend is in the same boat even though you might both still have 60 slots available.
What you've created here is a broken vacuum cleaner, it both sucks and blows at the same time. :(
Lose it, and refund the diamonds wasted please, and don't think of reintroducing it in such a poor state.
Well said sir...

Total agreement:

In my opinion, this is just a fad. I expect it will fade away. The incredible cost of upgrades, whether silver or the ridiculous number of diamonds, will just be a total hindrance to it's usefulness! The diamond cost is exponential as is the silver cost!

DeletedUser6974

Sounds to me that you got more of a internet issue rather than performance, even my 300€ notebook, which is 5 years old, runs the game just fine, if your net can't handle all the animations in your city and cities that you visit, then turn them off in the settings...............>.>

its not the city animations that are the problem, its the lag while doing battles in GvG. are you doing battles in GvG with your 5 year old computer? my typical day is now something like this in GvG at reset time.
1. click on a sector and select "view sector" now the currently selected army has to be displayed so you can chose to keep them as is or select a different army to do your battles. this is the first lag, it just sits there with the wheel spinning around and around at each soldier slot. it sits there like this for over a full minute, messages popping up at the bottom of the screen saying "waiting for FOE" then it stops and gives me another meassage that drops from the top of the screen saying shockwave has stopped responding, do you want to kill it or wait? so i select wait and after another 45 secs or more it finally shows the troops and i can make what changes i need to.
2. now i have my troops selected, i click on the attack button and again, same thing. "waiting for FOE" ... "shockwave has stopped......" same thing over and over at each battle.
3. if i am trying to place the siege its even worse. i select my siege army, click on the arrow to place the siege and it just sits there. it never comes back, i have let it sit there for 5 minutes or more and it never comes back. the siege is in, my guild players are doing battles but the only way i can get back into the game is to close the browser and start all over. by the time i get back in i could have had 10 or more battles already.

all this is the worst at reset time. if i do the same thing hours after reset time has passed the lag is not as bad at all. i can make troop selections and open battles with maybe 3 seconds wait time. but at reset time. when it is the most important, it is hopeless and useless to even try to do battles when it is the most important.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6974

a huge +1 !!!

DeletedUser99363

i have no problems with feature, if you don't like don't play it or the game itself, it is not meant to get to 16 chairs on day 1 this is a long game deal with it

as for boost, if your smart you can take good advantage of certain boost that can be helpfully just depends what you want to do in your city, I will let you guys figure it out

DeletedUser11899

well said

Just to add:

1. The taverns owner never knows if I visited his tavern or not (unless he manually keeps track of it)
2. when you get to sit on a friends tavern, you get nothing (on the Autumm or Fall event we were rewarded with some apples everytime we aided a player)
3. Whats the point of visiting taverns, why bother? (see point 1 & 2).

The design/ers is/are flawed

Vesiger

Monarch
It occurs to me that you might be able to use the tavern itself as a form of event log, by clicking on the players in each seat before you collect the silver and only attempting to visit them when they visit you, which they can't do more than once in 24 hours - which might work if you collected from your tavern religiously every time it filled up.
But no, it still doesn't account for the problem that the majority of visits simply meet with a full table at the other end, so you can't return the favour even if you try...

DeletedUser109018

It occurs to me that you might be able to use the tavern itself as a form of event log, by clicking on the players in each seat before you collect the silver and only attempting to visit them when they visit you, which they can't do more than once in 24 hours - which might work if you collected from your tavern religiously every time it filled up.
But no, it still doesn't account for the problem that the majority of visits simply meet with a full table at the other end, so you can't return the favour even if you try...
I think you will go mad over this feature if your not careful... I attempt to visit when I aid ,then check again when I clear my tavern. Being in OZ +10 server time means I am active at odd hours.Once the tables have built up I only expect roughly a 50% rate per day. That would be clearing a full table 3 times a day. But damned if I will spend diamonds on this feature

DeletedUser4571

So again Inno thought of something pretty useless and went ahead and introduced despite MAJOR complaints on BETA anyway. THE TAVERN. Took you 4 ears to come up with a fast polivating system and now you make all players endlessly visit all cities again for what! Stare at eachothers avatars? Rewards are poor. So many disadvantages.
Here is a list with some issues you should have thought through and solved before inroducing the feature no matter if its a good one or not, thats beside the point.
  • You cannot see who has free chairs
  • You cannot see whom you already have visited
  • Guild mates are forced to befriend eachother and friendlist is ridiculously low capped
  • Guild mates arent visited atomatically in tavern as well
  • Event causing other already existing bugs to be more buggy( if thats even possible)
So why do you even bother to ask feed back on beta since you re not doing anything with it.
Seems to me as is already suggested here that you only seek a way to get us to spend more diamonds.
You must think we players are daft. Or are we going to be next farmville?
Im very dissatisfisied.

DeletedUser101637

aid button, best thing since sliced bread, now we have the tavern which is 10 times worse than than the old way we used to pol/mot our friends. the concept is good, but would be even better if it was easier to use instead of constantly re-visiting my friends to get a seat. now i feel trapped, because if i dont visit their taverns then my friends will delete me defeating the object. please listen to what people are saying make it more like the aid button