• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Friends Tavern

Vesiger

Monarch
I'm curious as to why I sometimes get the error message "You are still visiting this tavern" and sometimes "You already visited this tavern today" when my icon is still visible at the table in both cases...

Greywolf

Sergeant
I'm curious as to why I sometimes get the error message "You are still visiting this tavern" and sometimes "You already visited this tavern today" when my icon is still visible at the table in both cases...
Which message you get will depend on whether you took a seat at the table more than 24 hours or less. If it is more than 24 hours you will get "You are still visiting this tavern", and when it's less than 24 hours you get the other message. In case of "You are still visiting the tavern" then you can occupy another chair the moment the friend collects the silver, while in the other case you will still have to wait until the timer runs out when the table is cleared.

DeletedUser108240

Does anyone from Beta know if this is unlocked at a certain age/tech or is it just open to all?
It Is open to all. I have had bronze age visitors at my tavern.

I like the Tavern. A good idea, and it does not disrupt planning or options the way events do

DeletedUser9168

yes - i thought the Friends Tavern was supposed to be open to all, too - but when i tried to visit this new friend, i got the message shown here:
Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 19.35.24.png

So what is the correct situation, please?

And I do wish someone on beta would proof read their messages for grammatical errors during the testing phase there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser106756

The Friends Tavern will be available to everyone who has completed "construction" in the bronze age tech tree.

All friends will be able to visit your tavern straight away - no waiting ;)
When you have deleted 20 friends (which may be in a day, week month, or year ), then your new friend will have to wait 24hr to sit in your Tavern & vice versa

I think this is the info you are after ;)

DeletedUser9168

"When you have deleted 20 friends (which may be in a day, week month, or year ), then your new friend will have to wait 24hr to sit in your Tavern & vice versa"

I don't think so - in those circumstances i have been getting the message:

Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 20.39.35.png

DeletedUser100835

I can honestly review this now and say it is a true disaster for the game in my opinion.

No way of telling who you have visited means going through friends list multiple times to check or writing down a long list.
Nothing in event history saying who has visited you tavern. So no way of clicking on a button there to visit them.
Constant jumping between cities to check if tavern is full.
Basically too time consuming.

I agree. After playing the Tavern a little more, FoE, at the minimum, needs to exchange the empty chair and arrow icon for ANYTHING - a stop sign, a red chair, an hourglass, a pocket watch, a rolling pin (just a little humor there), WHATEVER that will indicate to you that you have successfully visited that friend's Tavern within the last 24 hours - much like the Aid Button is replaced with a countdown clock after you have Aided a player.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4195

I agree. After playing the Tavern a little more, FoE, at the minimum, needs to exchange the empty chair and arrow icon for ANYTHING - a stop sign, a red chair, an hourglass, a pocket watch, a rolling pin (just a little humor there), WHATEVER that will indicate to you that you have successfully visited that friend's Tavern within the last 24 hours - much like the Aid Button is replaced with a countdown clock after you have Aided a player.

And that would be the simplest method of all. They grey out other options that don't currently apply. Why not for this also?

DeletedUser17180

where is the delete friends button? i have a bunch of inactive players in the friend list, might as well remove them. but alas, the remove button is nowhere to be found, or im too blind to see where it was moved to.
So where is it?

DeletedUser100065

yes - i thought the Friends Tavern was supposed to be open to all, too - but when i tried to visit this new friend, i got the message shown here:
You need to unlock the construction technology in bronze age to "construct" a tavern.

DeletedUser11899

In the meantime the development team is working on some additional improvements for the friends tavern like an icon that displays if you can visit a friends' tavern or not.

DeletedUser109697

In the meantime the development team is working on some additional improvements for the friends tavern like an icon that displays if you can visit a friends' tavern or not.

Basically it says :
'"We felt we had to rush this and deliver it unfinished, we are still working on the missing basic's which should have included before releasing it. Have patience. Thanks, Inno"

DeletedUser108786

Something like a set of traffic lights would be great:

Red - you have visited and donated in the past 24 hours
Orange - you can visit, but there are no chairs vacant
Green - you can visit and donate

Hope they fix it soon.

DeletedUser108319

My opinion

Pro's - Nothing really.

Con's - A huge disadvantage to players that don't live in the US or UK server zones. I live in Australia and most activity is carried out when I'm sleeping. Guaranteed that when I wake up in the morning the tavern is full and who knows how many friends tried to visit but gave up.
- Very expensive.
- No indication to show when a tavern is empty so you can visit. I have got to the stage now that I monitor it with the AID button. If i take a seat in a tavern I AID at the same time. Problem with this if any friends don't bother too much with the tavern they will miss out on being aided

LadyHecate

Major-General
I'm now randomly getting 5 Tavern Silver when successfully getting a seat in a Friend's Tavern! Has this come out with today's Update release and, if so, is it truly random (like gaining a BP from Aiding) or is there some qualifying requirement in order to gain the 5 Silver?

KnightOnion

Private
I'm getting a random 5 tavern silver too and only noticed it today since the update. It occurs in different seat positions and different size tables, so I think it is purely random, like getting a BP when aiding. I'm guessing the probability is between 10% and 20%.

LadyHecate

Major-General
Just seen a post from the Moderation staff on another Server! The 5 Tavern Silver random drop for successfully gaining a seat in a Friend's Tavern was not due to be rolled out with today's Update but slipped in! It was due to be removed, however, the drop rate appears to be working as Inno planned and thus it is currently here to stay.

DeletedUser102352

Hi All....sorry if this has been asked before, I can't seem to find it if it has :)
Does anyone know if the Tavern attack bonus applies to GvG? TIA :o)