• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Friends Limits

DeletedUser110731

I know now you can send out 80 friend invitations (though I didn't know there was a limit when I started sending them out). I have accepted a few invitations sent to me by others. Is there a limit on how many friends you can have in total?
I would like to delete a few who are not very active - would that allow me to invite others? Or is the 80 limit used up now forever? If deleting will allow me to invite more, how do I tell which ones I invited and which ones invited me? The entries disappear from the Event History as soon as you hit the Accept button.
I searched the wiki and the forums but couldn't find any answers.

DeletedUser

I know now you can send out 80 friend invitations (though I didn't know there was a limit when I started sending them out). I have accepted a few invitations sent to me by others. Is there a limit on how many friends you can have in total?
I would like to delete a few who are not very active - would that allow me to invite others? Or is the 80 limit used up now forever? If deleting will allow me to invite more, how do I tell which ones I invited and which ones invited me? The entries disappear from the Event History as soon as you hit the Accept button.
I searched the wiki and the forums but couldn't find any answers.
you can only have up to 80 fr ,after that you cant invite, if you delete say 5 inactive you can still invite until you get back up to 80, then anyone can send fr to you if they under 80, then until gets up to 240 fr ,that the max limit

DeletedUser110731

Thanks for your reply, S J K. Is there a way to tell which ones were the ones you invited and which ones you accepted invites from?

DeletedUser110195

There is no way to tell apart people you invite from those who have invited you, also S J K typo'd there and the limit is 140 friends.

DeletedUser110131

It's not very accurate to say that you have 80 invites. A more precise way of phrasing the friends limits is:
  • When you have less than 80 friends, you can invite.
  • When you have less than 140 friends, you can accept invitations.
  • You can't have more than 140 friends.
So, if you want to be able to invite again, you have to kick enough people off the list that you get back below the 80 limit. Who you kick, and whether you invited them or they invited you, doesn't matter.

And, no, there's no way of telling who invited who.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110731

I deleted someone I know I invited and it still would not let me invite a new person, so yes, what you're saying, Einrikr must be true. Now I'll have to delete over 20 people, LOL! I wish it was made very clear at the beginning of the game to choose your friends wisely! Thanks for your help!

Cuthwolf

Captain
It is possible to have more than 140 friends. I was maxed out on 141 (140 + me) when I used "Find Friends!" to invite a real life friend to start playing the game. When she accepted my friends list went to 142.

DeletedUser110131

It is possible to have more than 140 friends. I was maxed out on 141 (140 + me) when I used "Find Friends!" to invite a real life friend to start playing the game. When she accepted my friends list went to 142.
Good catch. That's true. So, a fourth rule:
  • When you recruit new players, they are added to your friends list, separately from the limits.

DeletedUser110195

The odds though, of you reaching 140 before everyone you know who can be convinced to try FoE not already having given it a shot are ridiculously low....but obviously it can happen.

DeletedUser110676

Agree that we should be able to invite 140. I had to clear out inactive tavern players and it's been next to impossible filling my list back up.

And the requests I do manage to get are from Bronze age players who have 3 chairs and no tablecloth. Very frustrating.

DeletedUser110131

The odds though, of you reaching 140 before everyone you know who can be convinced to try FoE not already having given it a shot are ridiculously low....but obviously it can happen.
Reading the official wiki, I'm fairly sure that it doesn't matter whether you recruit new players before or after filling your friends list. The recruits will not fill any of the 140 spots, regardless.

Agree that we should be able to invite 140.
I disagree, actually. The 80 limit makes it possible for new (BA) players to get experienced friends (from higher ages), and become integrated into the game. However, I do think that there should be some way to gain extra invites, for instance as GE rewards, or simply just one invite per time unit (e.g. week).

DeletedUser111337

Thank you for posting this! I joined only a month ago and half my friends are inactive and it feels really unfair to have invite limit. The logical thing to do would be is to be able to see who you've asked to be friends and maybe have a 10-20 friend invite limit there, after the first 80. It's an annoying issue that seems to have no sufficient logic to back it up. If they want people to log in more let things be more dynamic!

How are active people supposed to get anywhere and stay enthusiastic when they are being hindered by 75% their friends being inactive?

~Disgruntled....

Also I go as far as asking on global and nobody on there wants to invite me as they are all high levels needing a certain number of points eg, 7mill. They are on everyday so why should they have to go to the trouble of inviting me and being nice to someone that may disappear tomorrow? It makes no sense.... even to me. If I was them I'd be like hmmm I'd like to but Innogames won't let us.... hmmm

DeletedUser4089

Thank you for posting this! I joined only a month ago and half my friends are inactive and it feels really unfair to have invite limit. The logical thing to do would be is to be able to see who you've asked to be friends and maybe have a 10-20 friend invite limit there, after the first 80. It's an annoying issue that seems to have no sufficient logic to back it up. If they want people to log in more let things be more dynamic!

How are active people supposed to get anywhere and stay enthusiastic when they are being hindered by 75% their friends being inactive?

~Disgruntled....
Many have found that deleting their inactive friends is a great way to get rid of the problem of having inactive friends.

Also: What do people think about an extra tech in each age to research giving +5/+10 friends.

DeletedUser108047

-1 to new tech allowing extra invites. it wouldn't reinforce the 'social' nature of the friends bar
+1 to the idea (another thread I think) that tavern boost with certain qualifying criteria (eg you max out your table and other boosts) or quest reward in certain circumstances would allow you to issue an invite even though over 80 invited

In my view the 80/140 limit whilst very frustrating does force you to think about turning over your friendship and to work with people. Rather than cut friends wholesale I've taken to reaching out to them to get them to aid etc... Being limited to only accepting an invite forces players to be social to get an invite... a good think in my mind. Also the 80/140 limit is a restraint on maxing out the benefit thus leading to lengthening the game so I don't think Inno will be in a hurry to change it

DeletedUser4089

Yeah, I like the current system and see no reason to change it. It would be different if you had no way to remove friends and were stuck unable to add new friends. Also, I doubt anyone in real life has more than 140 friends visiting them every day.

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
Yeah, I like the current system and see no reason to change it. It would be different if you had no way to remove friends and were stuck unable to add new friends. Also, I doubt anyone in real life has more than 140 friends visiting them every day.
But, in real life, noone is stopping you to make new friends if you have more than 80, and not even more than 140

DeletedUser110480

Indeed, you can't see who you had invited, and who had invited you..I make notes from who had invited me..FoE should make it easier for us by simply put a mark ..Inactive friends should be get red dotted.. In the same way as it happens in a guild ..

DeletedUser111337

I don't understand.

Am I supposed to swindle my friend list under 80?

Am I supposed to remember who invited me or which ones I invited? No other game does this... they have a limit to friendships but why limit the invites? People should be able to chop and change as much as they like. I and prob most other active players have paid money into the game and it's the biggest frustration to the game.

By the way I have not hit my 140 and half of my friends are inactive so I'm getting a raw end of the deal. How is this the gamer's problem? What a hindrance.

joesoap

Major-General
it doesnt matter how many friends you have invited & how many have invited you, the simple rule is that you can send out invites but once you have 80 friends you can only accept invites until you reach 140

DeletedUser111337

Hi yes I understand that, but they are saying delete inactives until you get under 80 friends then you can start inviting again? How does that work? If I do it and it doesn't work I'm in a "shouldnt have fixed what ain't broke" situation. Don't know if I ready to take the plunge when I can Mot/Pol 120 right now and not invite any more. Confused? Um... yeah? But let's say 60 are inactive and can't sit in their tavern and vice versa. Poor initial friend choice.