• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Finding ways to stop players attacking Trade Only Players of FoE

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrionMnt

Corporal
You are wrong on so many points.
1. "trade only players" that is your choice, but don't expect others to follow it.
2." This problem has now been ongoing " nope, once again this is your caused by your decision/inablity to deal with it, for myself, to plunder NBhood is a blessing.
3." And feel this does need to be addressed ", nope, people that are more active (fighters/plundrers) will always be ahead in that game genre
4" Those who play PVP events should look at who has Troops, and those who do not. And attack those who are Military not ones who have no defense " - so because you choose to be greedy and use your space in town for production, the people who choose to invest in attacking/fighting power sacrificing their space production shouldn't be able to capitalize on that, like in every single game like 4ever?
5." I seek ways to stop this before people really get pissed of with people who don't look at a players city before attacking. " no, you seek ways to stop players taking advantage of your inability to deal with easily solvable problem.

suethegreat

Captain
Checking a city for barracks is no way to gauge your enemy. Those that do GE weekly to at least L3 will amass plenty of units not to need barracks and may not do the battlefields. The best way to avoid losing goods in addition to collecting on time is not to just have 2 spear fighter defence. Whilst reducing the attackers points it does make them irate especially if the city is of a level that should have a good defending army. With so many other easy picking about attackers will avoid those that do inflict loss or damage when fulfilling event or daily 'win x battles/defeat x units blah....it isnt personal the game made us do it......

Checking a city for barracks is no way to gauge your enemy. Those that do GE weekly to at least L3 will amass plenty of units not to need barracks and may not do the battlefields. The best way to avoid losing goods in addition to collecting on time is not to just have 2 spear fighter defence. Whilst reducing the attackers points it does make them irate especially if the city is of a level that should have a good defending army. With so many other easy picking about attackers will avoid those that do inflict loss or damage when fulfilling event or daily 'win x battles/defeat x units blah....it isnt personal the game made us do it......
Yes, barracks in a city don't say anything about how well the city defence is.
And yes, if a quest asks you to win battles or defeat units - and GE and GBG are on break - the easiest way to solve the quest is to attack the weakest players in the hood (though no need to plunder them too, of course).
No city defense (=2 spears, default) just makes you easy prey for plunderers. Why would they care that you consider yourself a "trader"? They just want the loot.

Last edited:

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
1. Set some kind of defence. Even without defensive boosts, 8 units of any type will be sufficiently intimidating to keep the lower-level plunderers out.
2. Don't age up too early.
3. Collect on time, where possible.
4. Accept that plundering is part of the game. You don't have to do it, but it's going to happen. Increase your production so that you can survive a few losses. And if you get into plundering yourself, that will cover your losses.

There's no way to enforce your trade-only status on other players. Plundering is part of the game.

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
One other tip: the high-level plunderers are going to find a way in. Don't waste vast amounts of space on buildings to boost your city defence. You'd be better using the same space to produce goods, because even with the occasional loss to a plunderer, you'll still be better off. Better to produce 100 goods and have 20 plundered (leaving you with 80) than to produce 50 goods and have 10 plundered (leaving you with 40).

Petes1

Private
Being on the receiving end of brutal plundering in the early stages taught me very quickly that if I wanted to keep my production I had to set my production times to 24 hour cycles, and be there to grab the goods. If I need to change with shorter cycles, then I accept the occasional raid on my city as part of the risk.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
This is a really delicate issue.
Having been playing for more than two years, I have never yet revealed my true position in this matter.
It is a secret. And now I think it is time to disclose the secret.
The fact is, you should welcome the plunderer. Thank them for dropping by and welcome to take whatever they want.
And be glad, that they the people are so clear and definite about what they want -- that is, they want to take others' stuff. Never has there been any other will and mind, so resolute, so focused, and so determined.
Admit, as a non-plunderer, you have no idea what the heck you are doing... except for following the instructions, of the "advisors" and just drifting with the flow, and nothing really stands out.
Therefore, in other words, plundering, is an action with a motive, so pure, that it is almost beautiful.
So, you should welcome the plunderers. This is the ultimate truth.
But this is the delicate part -- you cannot say it, like I said here above. Else, you break the beautiful thing.
If you say that you welcome plunderers, you would be soliciting them. No, it had to be of their own initiative...

Shad23

Emperor
That's the same. You lose 20% of your production either way :D
think he was implying that your beter using same space with boosted productions thx to c-map then produce less with same space with un-boosted productions but yes ratio is same but if you produce only boosted goods for same space you get more goods
lol i always laugh when i see a production building for goods in my hoods citys , event buildings and GB's are way beter for producing goods

Last edited:

DeletedUser

This problem has now been ongoing, and has now become a dilemma, the most recent being 3 attacks damaged 3 material Productions (Stone, Lumber, Ebony) which I needed for Research towards next age, and now thanks to 3 players, I cannot advance YET AGAIN. And feel this does need to be addressed, As Trader's are the ones who Sell things which they have no use for helping other players, and that when it comes to events. Those who play PVP events should look at who has Troops, and those who do not. And attack those who are Military not ones who have no defense. I seek ways to stop this before people really get pissed of with people who don't look at a players city before attacking.
You are right at the start of a very long road and yet you take no time to complain as if you actually understand what you're talking about! Get real Dude and learn how to play before deciding to set the world to rights. There are reams of well intentioned and helpful advice for wimps and how they [you] might best survive within the Game. The one universal truth from all this advice can be reduced to a single kernel; learn how to play. Learning any game is needful especially when others are involved. The onus lies with each individual to adapt to suit the Game, not how the Game must be changed to suit the wimp.
Look around your Hood and Guild to view the differing approaches, solutions and set-ups; we're all playing the same game but not in the same way and you need to understand and accept the fact. I've been plundered, you've been plundered, we've all been plundered...It's part of the Game and, now that you understand this, you can move on.

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
That's the same. You lose 20% of your production either way :D
No. It's not the same. Yes, it's 20% either way, but the size of the pie is different.

If I allocate a lot of space to defensive boosts, I won't get plundered as often.

But if I instead allocate that space to producing goods, I'll be weaker defensively and get plundered more often, but I'll produce enough extra goods to more than make up the difference.

If I produce 50 goods and 10 get plundered, I have 40 goods. If I produce 100 goods and 20 get plundered, I have 80 goods. Which is better, 40 or 80?

If you forget about how much you lost and instead just focus on what you kept, the 80 is better.

DeletedUser

Why not simply Expand the footprint and have everything you need, works for me.

MoralSolomon

Private
No. It's not the same. Yes, it's 20% either way, but the size of the pie is different.

If I allocate a lot of space to defensive boosts, I won't get plundered as often.

But if I instead allocate that space to producing goods, I'll be weaker defensively and get plundered more often, but I'll produce enough extra goods to more than make up the difference.

If I produce 50 goods and 10 get plundered, I have 40 goods. If I produce 100 goods and 20 get plundered, I have 80 goods. Which is better, 40 or 80?

If you forget about how much you lost and instead just focus on what you kept, the 80 is better.
The issue is that people constantly attack and I lose 100% (Complete Stand Still on Research Tree) With no way forward. This is how arguments happen Potatoskunk. If it was as you say, I could live with it. When 30 Players (while your offline attacks and plunders) the equation of 10% 20% loss is thrown out the window and 100% Loss stops players in there tracks on the research tree. This is why I am here to address that issue which has caused me to leave 3 Guilds, Argued with around 80 or 90 players, this is how people get banned eventually for other players insensitive attitude towards them. And if a game causes way to much friction, in the end this game will lose many players eventually because of Breach of Rules.

MoralSolomon

Private
Maybe now you will understand why It may be in the best interest of Innogames to entertain both sides of the coin (MILITARY OR TRADE) and separate them so conflicts, arguments, players leaving and others being banned from game because of Using profane words and constant friction between every player don't happen. Plus as I have noticed, getting the shield quoted at 9000 silver for 1 day for someone who has 8 chairs which brings in around 400 Silver tops, and you only have 10 players on your friends list. That is not good odds for the player getting a shield up As it would take them 23 days to get that 1 day shield. Which when you think about that, it makes it unfair for the people who wish to go TRADE. What good is 15 1 day shields in 365 days. That is what defeats the purpose and causes players to give bad reviews of this game. and 2.2 Million complaints cannot be ignored which is how many people have left this game because of varying reasons, Plundering being the worst with 70% of the 2.2 million complaints online. 2nd Place with over 59% Child Safety. That cannot be ignored.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.