• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Finding ways to stop players attacking Trade Only Players of FoE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emberguard

Legend
It may be in the best interest of Innogames to entertain both sides of the coin (MILITARY OR TRADE)
They already do. You have plunder immunity until near the end of Iron Age. By that point you’d already have had time to complete a event and have plunder immune sources of goods or at least have learned the game well enough to come up with a strategy

You’d also have access to Cultural Settlements not long after. So you’d be able to work towards a plunder immune goods source there as well

Plus as I have noticed, getting the shield quoted at 9000 silver for 1 day
You don’t want the 1 day shield. You want the 3 day shield once you can afford it. Work towards building up the tavern and once you have that fully completed work towards saving for the shield

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
Yes, I see you've got goods buildings for all five BA goods and all five IA goods. That's extremely inefficient.
If you look at the continent map, you'll see you have boosts for two goods from each age. That means your goods buildings will produce 5x those goods. A 24-hour production of those goods will give you 20, as compared to 4 of the other goods. It's much better to produce only the boosted goods and then trade for the others.

At the moment, assuming you use 24-hour productions, you're getting 20 of your boosted goods and 4 of the non-boosted goods for a total of 52 goods from each age. If you instead have two each of the boosted goods (four buildings for each age instead of your current five), that would mean 80 goods from each age, and you could trade to get the ones you don't produce. And that would mean four buildings from each age, instead of the current five, so that will free up space and population, while still getting more goods.

Another thing you can do is complete event quests. Events give you special buildings that give various bonuses - they may give you goods, forge points, attack boosts, defence boosts, etc.

Also, it's usually more efficient to produce later age goods and trade down. You're in the Early Medieval Age. You can produce Early Medieval Age goods and trade down for earlier age goods. I've expressed my opinion elsewhere on the arbitrary 2:1 ratio that is generally assumed when trading between eras, but nevertheless later age goods are worth more than earlier age goods, so if you can produce later age goods and trade down you'll be much better off. Also, in the Early Medieval Age, you don't need much in the way of Bronze Age goods, so once you have a small supply you can scrap those buildings and save the space and population.

Also, you don't have any Great Buildings yet. I would strongly recommend that you do not advance beyond the Early Medieval Age until you have some Great Buildings. There are lots of threads that will give you advice on which ones are good, but the Statue of Zeus and the Cathedral of Aachen are essential, and at least in the early game the Lighthouse of Alexandria and the Tower of Babel are good. The Oracle of Delphi isn't worth the space it takes or the forge points to level it up, so I would scrap it.

DeletedUser

We have all been led down yet another pointless and endless path. The OP has no intention of learning anything, least of all about FoE. Just another non-Gamer who thinks he knows it all. There really should be some sort of screening process to filter the time-wasters lest we lose all patience and flatly refuse to aid any and all Noobs.
It's always the faults of others or the Game itself which cause issues, never the planks who simply can't grasp anything beyond the absolute basics.
MS didn't post to request advice, assistance and support, oh no; he posted to make snippy, snide little jibes to mask his own inferiority complex and inability to play one of the easiest and most laid-back games available.
I've read the same blather from multiple failures and the novelty has long worn off. No advice, no assistance, no support for Noobs from here on in; sink or swim I'm Rhett Butler!

We have all been led down yet another pointless and endless path. The OP has no intention of learning anything, least of all about FoE. Just another non-Gamer who thinks he knows it all. There really should be some sort of screening process to filter the time-wasters lest we lose all patience and flatly refuse to aid any and all Noobs.
It's always the faults of others or the Game itself which cause issues, never the planks who simply can't grasp anything beyond the absolute basics.
MS didn't post to request advice, assistance and support, oh no; he posted to make snippy, snide little jibes to mask his own inferiority complex and inability to play one of the easiest and most laid-back games available.
I've read the same blather from multiple failures and the novelty has long worn off. No advice, no assistance, no support for Noobs from here on in; sink or swim I'm Rhett Butler!
The difference between a Newb (new, but willing to learn) and a Noob (no will to learn, just a punk trying to create havoc).
Well, at least MS doesn't speak totally Noobish (close though):
LAlWAlwalwalWAWLAWLAWA!~!~!~!!!11!!! 1M NOtttt N0000BZ

Maybe we should just stop feeding the troll

DeletedUser

With said Troll hiding behind multiple IDs whom can we honest Fighters trust!?
That said; does anyone out there know all of this person's IDs? I only ask so I might Search & Destroy with Extreme Prejudice, if it shows up in A World.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight of ICE

Guys and girls, this might be a heated discussion, but can we keep it civil. Just cause a person has ideas that are a bit out of the ballpark it does not mean he is a troll. Keep it respectfull.

Status
Not open for further replies.