• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Filter options for attached and unattached units

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5180

not too fussed how it appears just as long as it does AND SOON..!!

DeletedUser78372

+1

came here to post this exact same idea except with the addition of another filter for units with full HP, as many seem to also point out. and yes akhbhoy67 we do need it soon, it takes me more time to select the units to use in a battle than the actual battle itself and i havent built alcatraz yet.

also i hate the new army management screen with all the units jumping around everytime you select one! :mad:

DeletedUser15986

+1

(Well, small letters can't seem to be seen so might as well try big letters.)

DeletedUser8436

+1
I like the new army management screen and all these units from Alcatraz are great but this is desperately needed. I like the toggle option best.

DeletedUser8813

A very big[size=+8]+1[/size]from me

i have to have over 300 rogues in there by now..and the troop management is so twitchy it makes finding attached ones impossible

DeletedUser99588

1. When it is done, instead of providing a checkbox for "unattached units", it should be for attached units - to allow the player to select the attached troops and attack using those troops.
2. Sort the units in decreasing order of health -- putting the most injured troops at the end -- instead of sorting by the time when these troops were created.
3. Tooltip response - becomes immaterial if you are able to sort.
4. Ability to double click - to select 8 units at a time - as before.

+1 from. Will it ever happen though as you would think adding a filter would be relatively easy considering there are already filter options in the army management so the code exists.

I would like it so you can choose;

Attached only
Unattached only
Both

Obviously needs to work in conjunction with other filters already present.

Examples

All Ages -> All units -> Both (default)
Iron Age -> light units -> attached only
Iron Age -> light units -> unattached only
All Ages -> All units -> attached

Hopefully you get the idea :)

This is needed more than ever with the advent of GvG and the speed you need to attack sectors.

DeletedUser2989

+1 Even with the visual they added to seperate the two it'd be better to have the filter option.

DeletedUser6525

+1

This needs to happen. Whoever thought the current system was a good idea is a moron.

DeletedUser101493

+1 Please make this happen SOON.... it is a total pain in the butt to have to trawl through scores of unattached troops trying find the few attached ones. This is an obvious problem with an obvious solution, sort it out please.

DeletedUser653

+1
Please Please Please, this must be the #1 pain for anyone with a Alcatraz, trying to find the 2 attached troops among 200 unattached troops really is horrid and made even worse now that you find 2 unattached troops, click on one and the other just goes and hides somewhere in the troops.

So + 1 for filter :-- unattached/ attached/ both
+1 for health sorting after age sorting, ie within an age push the injured units by degree of damage to the right.

Since this is getting really old, the thread was started 06/11/2013 and one of the big complaints from players is a lack of INNO feed back is there any chance that this could be followed up and INNO perhaps give some feedback? Thanks

DeletedUser101925

I thought I had +1 this before but it was a similiar idea/thread. Anyway's a big +1 from me.

DeletedUser9219

This topic started end 2013... we are almost at the end of 2014.

It is a not a big thing for the programmers/designers.

If ( HighlightingOfUnattached.settings == true )
Include Checkbox : Show attached only.

Room enough for design... And since it is only enabled by users who know the game ( the HighlightingOfUnattached setting ) it will not confuse new players.
I do not know why this has not been done with the new CE update.

DeletedUser1081

Or, there could be a simple icon shaped like the letter "U" in the corner of every unattached unit. It would get the job done.

This is the part of the proposal they chose to implement and it doesn't get the job done - for people with Alcatraz, branding the unattached units makes it impossibly hard to find the few attached units, which are the ones we want to find quickly when going into battle.

Could Roseltyne please remove that bit from the original post, please and thank you? Otherwise it doesn't really matter how "scorching" the support gets, does it - they'll just say "but we gave that to them already".

We don't need a decoration on the unattached units. We need a filter so we can look only at our attached units or only at our unattached ones. If a brand is all they can come up with it needs to be on the (few) attached units, so they stand out from the sea of unattached ones.

And the units need to stop shuffling around in the lineup every time we select one. Any army that acted like that would get slapped upside the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.