• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Filter options for attached and unattached units

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser99692

+1 Here. It will speed up unit selection especially in the middle of a GvG scramble when attacking against an active defender/attacker.

I would also second the proposal for seeing what troops Alcatraz is giving when you click to collect.

DeletedUser1081

Or, there could be a simple icon shaped like the letter "U" in the corner of every unattached unit. It would get the job done.

One more plea: Could Roseltyne or one of the moderators please remove that bit from the original post, please and thank you? Otherwise it doesn't really matter how "scorching" the support gets, does it - they'll just say "but we gave that to them already" - and it doesn't get the job done - for people with Alcatraz, branding the unattached units makes it impossibly hard to find the few attached units, which are the ones we want to find quickly when going into battle.

We don't need a decoration on the unattached units. We need a filter so we can look only at our attached units or only at our unattached ones. If a brand is all they can come up with it needs to be on the (few) attached units, so they stand out from the sea of unattached ones.

And the units need to stop shuffling around in the lineup every time we select one. Any army that acted like that would get slapped upside the head.

DeletedUser2989

If this idea gets forwarded then it'll be presented without the parts referring to what we already have (such as the part you quoted). The primary part that would be forwarded (I think, I can't be 100% sure as I don't do the forwarding) would be the following:

I would propose that next to the dropdown where players can select which age of units to view, another dropdown is added with the options "All Units", "Attached" and "Unattached". When all units are shown, the unattached units should always be sorted to the right. Also, in the tab where all unit types are shown, they should be sorted by type after being sorted by age, and last by attached and unattached.

DeletedUser14394

+1 from me..

And I'll support the idea of pushing the most hurted unit back to last and make the fully healed unit to always appear in front. So I dont have to search forever when I was doing GvG in a crucial situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser97018

can't believe i didn't +1 on this before - must be on some similar thread
and also this:
We don't need a decoration on the unattached units. We need a filter so we can look only at our attached units or only at our unattached ones. If a brand is all they can come up with it needs to be on the (few) attached units, so they stand out from the sea of unattached ones.
and for this:
And the units need to stop shuffling around in the lineup every time we select one.
+1 million!

DeletedUser2945

there is an option to allow you to show Unattached in the setting it then shows a line above the troupe to show this

DeletedUser1081

there is an option to allow you to show Unattached in the setting it then shows a line above the troupe to show this

We know that, thanks! But that's a brand, not a filter, and is very little use to people with large numbers of troops. Even if it's the best the design/development team can offer, the "brand" should be on the attached units, not the unattached ones.

Once again, could Roseltyne or one of the moderators PLEASE remove the bit in the original post about decorating the unattached units with a U? It's outdated, it doesn't get the job done, it confuses newcomers to the thread like king-archer (above) and it isn't what we're voting on. Please.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

+1 from me, would give more if I was able!

The visual thingy we have gotten now is something, but less to nothing. Like Mink says, it's useless if you have many unattached units to go look for the 4 without a line. It might be be easier to find Wally at some times, and the looking makes my eyes hurt!

By the way if a filter option isn't possible, if unattached units ALWAYS APPEAR FIRST in the list of that specific unit... that might be just as good or even better then a filter option in my opinion.

DeletedUser99588

Would be nice if the filter remembered the last setting it was left on as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.