• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Filter options for attached and unattached units

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
Proposal:
Add options to filter attached and unattached units in the army selection screen.

Similar Ideas:
Several variations of this idea have been posted, including these:
Sort Military Units by Attached and Unattached
Easy Management of Unattached Military Units
Improvements to Army Management Screen
Visual Enhancement to Identify Which Building Units Come From

Reason:
The issue of not being able to tell at a glance which units are attached to which building and which are unattached is now several months old. The introduction of the Alcatraz great building made the issue worse, since it enabled players to have large numbers of unattached units, making it time consuming to find the attached ones. It was said in the most recent of the above threads that the devs were thinking about it, and now we got a new army management screen, which not only failed to address the issue in any way, it made it much worse.

Previously the order of the units in the pool did not change when units were added to or removed from an army. Now it does, which means that you have to start searching from the beginning after finding each attached or unattached unit, whichever you are searching for. This takes considerably more time compared to before.

Previously the tooltip containing the only indicator of whether a unit was unattached appeared almost instantly when the mouse was moved over it. Now there is a one second delay. It may not sound much, but it is cumulative. When searching from a large number of units and fighting a large number of neighbors, it can add up to over an hour.

In short, the recent update took an old and known issue and turned it into something intolerable. Something needs to change.

Details:
I would propose that next to the dropdown where players can select which age of units to view, another dropdown is added with the options "All Units", "Attached" and "Unattached". When all units are shown, the unattached units should always be sorted to the right. Also, in the tab where all unit types are shown, they should be sorted by type after being sorted by age, and last by attached and unattached.

Or, there could be a simple icon shaped like the letter "U" in the corner of every unattached unit. It would get the job done.

Visual Aids:
None should be necessary.

Balance:
Irrelevant.

Abuse Prevention:
Irrelevant.

Summary:
The game has needed some way, any way, to quickly identify which units are attached in the army selection screen for a long time. It was the number one issue in the old army management screen. The fact that the new screen only makes matters worse is a slap in the face to the players.

DeletedUser

+1, I like the idea of being able to filter unattached units :)

And here's a visual aid for you :)

SA1N627.png

DeletedUser

lots of support for this idea, especially players with Alcatraz :-) +1 from me

DeletedUser

Automatic sorting of pushing the injured units towards back of the list would also be a great help.

DeletedUser

Automatic sorting of pushing the injured units towards back of the list would also be a great help.

Yep, +1 to this one aswell :) The most damaged units should be at the very end of the list :)

DeletedUser13805

wish i could make my points as clear as the op gets a thumbs up from me and well said

DeletedUser15432

+1 here but will it be too complicated for some people to handle?

DeletedUser4872

Another way to do it would be to highlight unattached units in red the same way your defending units get a blue highlight....

unatt.jpg

DeletedUser76094

+1 with slight modification:

1. When it is done, instead of providing a checkbox for "unattached units", it should be for attached units - to allow the player to select the attached troops and attack using those troops.
2. Sort the units in decreasing order of health -- putting the most injured troops at the end -- instead of sorting by the time when these troops were created.
3. Tooltip response - becomes immaterial if you are able to sort.
4. Ability to double click - to select 8 units at a time - as before.

DeletedUser6461

+1 from here too.

Since Alcatraz producing so many unattached units; this enhancement will be a great addition for the future of Army Management also :cool:

NB: Actually, I was about to make a new idea in this regard but our .EN community is far ahead on catching the right spot as always :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yeah will be very good, i think having unattached being a diff colour border is better than having a seperate tab :-)

DeletedUser

+1. Or even a small icon on the portrait to denote that the trooper is unattached. As has been pointed out, with the advent of the Alcatraz GB, it can get frustrating sifting through troops one at a time to locate attached versus unattached ones. The idea to push wounded to the back of the list is a great one as well.

DeletedUser

+1 for the idea of a filter
+1 for the injured at the back

Good ideas here, lots of grey matter working hard towards improving that side of the game, like it ;)

DeletedUser13082

+1 From me.

An old issue which should really have been sorted with the new army management. A small delay on the release of new management to add a check box to filter unattached would have been a lot easier.

Personally however I prefer the idea of a highlight for unattached units such as the current highlight for defending units.

Status
Not open for further replies.