• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Fellowship Event 2023 Feedback

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Hear ye, hear ye! Our Fellowship Event heralds a grand banquet - read all about it here and share your thoughts in the comments below!

Ev4ma

Captain
Lovely, lag time. At least perhaps the lag will be compensated by amazing prizes. Though I must say that boat generated a lot of lag for me in St Patricks and I suppose it will do the same again. I do like the prizes tho.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
It's just a copy and paste of an already a tedious event. Didn't play St Patrick's and will only open this to clear whatever arrow is bouncing according my screen again.

If Inno wants people to pay for paylines make the events actually playable without spending half your day doing them. Why are the removing all the events that dont take much time to do? It's Summer, soon school holidays, so people will have much better things to do with their day than sat watching a graphic transfer across a screen.

The actual Summer event was perfect for this time of year as you didn't have the restricted time frames for doing things.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
I don't agree.
I liked the St Patricks Event and actually found it easier to manage than it might look.
Once you automate the production buildings you only need to check in occasionally to see if you've completed a task or need to upgrade things, perfect for times when you're busy doing other things. You definitely don't need to sit watching it.
If this event follows that same mechanic then I look forward to it.

That being said, I wouldn't want all events to have the same mechanic, that would be too much.
Variety is the key. Some you'll like, some you won't.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I don't agree.
I liked the St Patricks Event and actually found it easier to manage than it might look.
Once you automate the production buildings you only need to check in occasionally to see if you've completed a task or need to upgrade things, perfect for times when you're busy doing other things. You definitely don't need to sit watching it.
If this event follows that same mechanic then I look forward to it.

That being said, I wouldn't want all events to have the same mechanic, that would be too much.
Variety is the key. Some you'll like, some you won't.
I don't agree with your don't agree, lol. This event is the most demanding of all the ones offered and the point is well taken about the time of year it's being repeated - or even if it should be repeated. Once a year is special, more than that isn't.

St Pats style event requires a full hour of play at the beginning of every city to get it producing. then it requires another check in something like 2-4-6-8 hours throughout the day. by the end of the first day it's on the long haul that you can let it run while you sleep overnight but then you need to be on it again the next day to finish up. and then it requires another 1 hour of play to get the next city going. repeat.

You don't have to do the event as described above, but if you don't, you won't finish enough cities to win enough rewards to complete any buildings or upgrades. In which case you will have to buy everything, or wait a year and hope it gets offered somewhere else, or skip the event.

This kind of event management in St Pats is the most time consuming that is offered, because you have to keep waiting for the event city to produce something in order to progress it. Unlike wildlife or other matching games, at least you can just spend your turns and go away for the day, or the simplest of all pick your random prizes for the day on summer/winter if you're interested in the daily, or skip it for the day and wait for something you like. There is no "spend your turns and leave" or "just skip it and wait for a better daily" with the St Pats event, it is always on and always needing something from you until you reach the ship/festival 200/200 or 300/300 phase where you wait hours for it to finish making 8.4Q.

Iwateguy

Major-General
Apologies for mixing my adages but, from my point of view, Occam's Razor says,"Follow the money".

Inno's repeating mechanics because they think it will induce more players to spend more money. For reasons you've mentioned, some players will struggle with the mechanics. They'll make mistakes and fall behind, especially if they don't log in when the event requires it. With last year's Fellowship mechanics, you could skip logging in for days and easily make up for it with an extra-long ride across the countryside.

Not with the StPat's mechanics. It's summertime. I have no wish to spend that much time in front of the computer. I know from Beta how much time I needed and Beta is just one city. On multiple Live worlds ... not a chance. I may choose to dabble in it a little on a world or two but it's at least as likely that I just won't bother with it at all. As I'm not a spender, Inno won't care. I'm not part of the target demographic.

rontom

Private
question; Are the golden upgrades present in the chests please? ... they were in beta but i seem to remember someone saying they had been removed

This event is the most demanding of all the ones offered

For the amount of control that it offers over the outcome (as opposed to the mindless clicking of the previous "pirate" event, forgot the name already) and therefore the amount of prizes you can get, I'm more than willing to forgive the time it takes. YMMV, of course.

Once a year is special, more than that isn't.

Most events are based on the same pattern anyway, and St Pat's has been unique for quite a while, and I, for one, am happy that we have another clone of it, because it's always been my personal favourite.

EddyBeGood.

Private
Another version of St Patricks Event, I decided to give the next one a miss because its so time consuming with all the other things going on in the game, guess I will give this one a miss as well, saves my diamonds lol

Gedrog

Private
Why did they re-introduce the A/B group from Beta, I don't have access to the three tiers so boycotting this event let me choose myself

Ev4ma

Captain
Okay inno, you've done it this time. Why would you go lock a really good bunch of prizes in a golden chest which guess what... A group of players can't access it, why? We literally want to go buy the golden prizes, but we can't. You are literally turning down revenue, event passes are the only thing I will buy from this game because I want the prizes. And I really badly want the prizes from the golden chest, I want to go buy them, but I can't because I'm part of the unlucky 50%. :c

Here are the list of things that I like in all the prize lines. And you'll find that most of them are from the golden prizes line.
  • Legendary Lodge Upgrade Kit - First Golden Prizes, Prize - late in the line for the normal prizes
  • Grilling Grove - in the Golden Prizes line only
  • Finish All Special Productions - Golden Prizes line only
  • Epic Fellowship 2023 Selection Kit - in all lines
  • One up kit - Silver & Golden Only
  • Renovation Kit - Silver & Golden Only
  • Vivienne Portrait - Silver
  • Summerhold Manor Upgrade Kit & Golden Upgrade it - in all lines

I 'd also love to have a second or third Summerhold Manor, however a third would probably need the golden prizes.

Now, I really love the mechanics of the St. Patrick's, i mean fellowship event because it's rather relaxing and enjoyable. I will definitely be staying up at night to play the event. c: I do also love the prizes, well you could probably tell that because I'm annoyed I couldn't go pay 30 quid to access the Golden Prizes line!

Inno if you could just get rid of that A/B test, before the end of the event, it'd be really nice. Change it while it's still early on, before it's too late, thanks.

Gedrog

Private
Okay inno, you've done it this time. Why would you go lock a really good bunch of prizes in a golden chest which guess what... A group of players can't access it, why? We literally want to go buy the golden prizes, but we can't. You are literally turning down revenue, event passes are the only thing I will buy from this game because I want the prizes. And I really badly want the prizes from the golden chest, I want to go buy them, but I can't because I'm part of the unlucky 50%. :c

Here are the list of things that I like in all the prize lines. And you'll find that most of them are from the golden prizes line.
  • Legendary Lodge Upgrade Kit - First Golden Prizes, Prize - late in the line for the normal prizes
  • Grilling Grove - in the Golden Prizes line only
  • Finish All Special Productions - Golden Prizes line only
  • Epic Fellowship 2023 Selection Kit - in all lines
  • One up kit - Silver & Golden Only
  • Renovation Kit - Silver & Golden Only
  • Vivienne Portrait - Silver
  • Summerhold Manor Upgrade Kit & Golden Upgrade it - in all lines

I 'd also love to have a second or third Summerhold Manor, however a third would probably need the golden prizes.

Now, I really love the mechanics of the St. Patrick's, i mean fellowship event because it's rather relaxing and enjoyable. I will definitely be staying up at night to play the event. c: I do also love the prizes, well you could probably tell that because I'm annoyed I couldn't go pay 30 quid to access the Golden Prizes line!

Inno if you could just get rid of that A/B test, before the end of the event, it'd be really nice. Change it while it's still early on, before it's too late, thanks.
Hear Hear this sucks Inno Beta is where you try things out not live boycotting out of principle I guess my £700 for two worlds is safe keep doing it

Totally agree that A/B testing on live servers sucks. You talk about keeping the game fair in other posts yet i'm limited to what i can achieve in an event on a premium level because i wasn't one of those specially selected to have the option of a Gold & Silver pass??

I've bought on 200% offers in the past and typically purchase the premium pass during events on my main world. Congratulations Inno... You lost my money on this one

Knight of ICE

Totally agree that A/B testing on live servers sucks. You talk about keeping the game fair in other posts yet i'm limited to what i can achieve in an event on a premium level because i wasn't one of those specially selected to have the option of a Gold & Silver pass??

Just to clarify, only the Gold pass is being A/B tested. Everybody can get the Silver pass.