• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Every building provides something in return when sold

DeletedUser109708

Proposal:
Buildings and decorations won in events or in guild expeditions should have a trade value when sold. If I delete an item in the inventory, I should get something of value in return.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea
Did not find another post

Reason:
I have deleted dozens of useless items I won and got nothing, and I currently have about four pages of buildings I have no interest in using. I can understand if the designers don't want to give me diamonds, but I should get something.

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
I can't think of any.

DeletedUser

If you consider the buildings worthless, why should you be reimbursed for them? If you don't have to spend resources to place them, then you don't get any when deleting them, simples. If you're talking about getting more than simple resources for deleting them, then -2 as that raises issues of abuse.

Vesiger

Monarch
You can build them and then delete them for a profit (as someone in my guild pointed out to me).
Like most of the rest of FoE, it then becomes a cunning space-management issue...

DeletedUser103370

You can build them and then delete them for a profit (as someone in my guild pointed out to me).
Like most of the rest of FoE, it then becomes a cunning space-management issue...

Exactly, that's why it would be the simplest and most logical approach, to get the exact same amount of reimbursement as if you were building, then deleting them.

DeletedUser109708

If you consider the buildings worthless, why should you be reimbursed for them? If you don't have to spend resources to place them, then you don't get any when deleting them, simples. If you're talking about getting more than simple resources for deleting them, then -2 as that raises issues of abuse.

I meant worthless to me, not worthless in value. I win a lot of premium houses or decorations for example. They definitely have in-game value, but since I use Great Buildings for people and decorations I can't use them. I also have a bunch of special event buildings I would love to build but never have the room.

I should be able to build that premium house and delete it for coins and resources just like regular houses.

Also, I may not have spent resources to place them, but I usually spent a great deal of resources to gain them initially. There is nothing like playing a campaign of GE and losing 3/4 of my army and half my materials only to receive a bunch of prizes that my city doesn't need and can't accommodate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesiger

Monarch
Exactly, that's why it would be the simplest and most logical approach, to get the exact same amount of reimbursement as if you were building, then deleting them.
Yes, except that this would be considerably easier!

What you're basically saying is that you would rather have the option to receive the value of special buildings won as prizes in coins and supplies, without the trouble of actually being asked to place them in your city first.
On the grounds that they're prizes, and prizes should be usable.

I think Inno are going for the 'no cash equivalent' option that most mass-market prize draws seem to stipulate :hide:

DeletedUser103370

Yes, except that this would be considerably easier!

What you're basically saying is that you would rather have the option to receive the value of special buildings won as prizes in coins and supplies, without the trouble of actually being asked to place them in your city first.
On the grounds that they're prizes, and prizes should be usable.

I think Inno are going for the 'no cash equivalent' option that most mass-market prize draws seem to stipulate :hide:
No. We are saying, that let us decide if we want the value of those buildings, or the buildings themselves. As you can already build and delete them, and there is a high chance that everyone has/can have a 3x4 free space to do it, why not just skip that step?
Tell me @Vesiger, do you see any strategic value in it, or do you have fun in putting down a building then 30 seconds later deleting it? Or do you think that's what the game should be about? Imo if the devs wouldn't want you to sell those buildings, then they would have simply not added the possibility... Obviously they had in mind: "ok there are those buildings, if you like them keep them, if not, then delete them and get some refund in return. The topic's title is a bit misleading, since it's not about IF you get a refund or not, but THE WAY this is done. If you enjoy building then deleting stuff just to get a few coins/supplies it's your choice, we think it would be more fun and freedom if we could simply do it from the inventory...

DeletedUser653

sorry but not sure we need it and not sure it adds to the game. we get a free building and when we delete it get nothing back, i have no issue with this

Vesiger

Monarch
No. We are saying, that let us decide if we want the value of those buildings, or the buildings themselves. As you can already build and delete them, and there is a high chance that everyone has/can have a 3x4 free space to do it
I don't know about you, but I find it less than trivial to position a large supplies building (or even a Post-Modern Era residential building) in my city - much easier just to delete them from the inventory, which is what tends to end up happening once the 'prizes' get too obsolete...
So it takes organisation and ingenuity to get any monetary value out of them, and I think it's fair that should be rewarded.

Or are you only talking about special events buildings? I haven't actually tried deleting one of those recently, so I'm not positive if you get anything back at all - I assumed you did.

DeletedUser110175

No item in the your inventory is free...to get each, you have to spend on your army plus strategy time if attacking, or spend goods/supplies/coins to place bets to negotiate, or complete magnitude of quests in varying levels of difficulty....Come on Inno, don't be stingy, give us at least 1 FP to bar when 1 of those items is deleted....look my friend, I have this nice goat farm here, almost brand new with no mileage on it, only slightly dusty from some months in my storage...and I'm asking the incredible price of only 1 FP for it :P

DeletedUser103370

I don't know about you, but I find it less than trivial to position a large supplies building (or even a Post-Modern Era residential building) in my city - much easier just to delete them from the inventory, which is what tends to end up happening once the 'prizes' get too obsolete...
So it takes organisation and ingenuity to get any monetary value out of them, and I think it's fair that should be rewarded.

Or are you only talking about special events buildings? I haven't actually tried deleting one of those recently, so I'm not positive if you get anything back at all - I assumed you did.

I hear you @Vesiger, I can't talk in @jankfixer's name, but I think he was referring in general of the buildings you get in GE. For example, I got countless houses and decorations. These all have a coin/supply value, but there is a high chance you won't need them. Ie. I have enthusiastic city for as long as I remember, so I never ever build decorations, except if it's needed for a quest.

Take a house as an example. I don't need it, now I can build it, then I can delete it and get a refund. @jankfixer says we should be able to simply get a refund when deleting it from the inventory, without having to build it first. Don't know about him, but I personally don't talk about any extra refunds, simply skipping this unimaginative step of building/deleting, and do it straight from the inventory.

DeletedUser109708

I was specifically talking about the buildings for which there is no refund at all, whether or not you build it first.

DeletedUser109708

No. We are saying, that let us decide if we want the value of those buildings, or the buildings themselves. As you can already build and delete them, and there is a high chance that everyone has/can have a 3x4 free space to do it, why not just skip that step?
Tell me @Vesiger, do you see any strategic value in it, or do you have fun in putting down a building then 30 seconds later deleting it? Or do you think that's what the game should be about? Imo if the devs wouldn't want you to sell those buildings, then they would have simply not added the possibility... Obviously they had in mind: "ok there are those buildings, if you like them keep them, if not, then delete them and get some refund in return. The topic's title is a bit misleading, since it's not about IF you get a refund or not, but THE WAY this is done. If you enjoy building then deleting stuff just to get a few coins/supplies it's your choice, we think it would be more fun and freedom if we could simply do it from the inventory...

That is a good idea too, but I was referring to the buildings that don't give you any refund no matter how you delete them.

DeletedUser109708

sorry but not sure we need it and not sure it adds to the game. we get a free building and when we delete it get nothing back, i have no issue with this

But the building is not free though. If I lose half my army fighting through GE, then the price of the building was half my army.

DeletedUser109708

Many of the buildings give you nothing back when you delete them. Any building that you cannot purchase with coins and resources will give you nothing back when you delete.

DeletedUser109708

Two examples "Gate of the Sungod" and "Face of the Ancient." These are both 2x2 buildings from GE that offer happiness. I always make sure my city has more than enough happiness built into its infrastructure, so I would never need to build these buildings. Yet GE gives me 4 or 5 of these buildings each week. I am constantly purging these things from my inventory, and GE is constantly piling them right back on.

Because of the frequency, they appear to be one of the major payoffs for losing resources doing GE. It would be nice if I could get something whether I delete them from inventory or build and delete them.

Vesiger

Monarch
Many of the buildings give you nothing back when you delete them. Any building that you cannot purchase with coins and resources will give you nothing back when you delete.
Yes, I just tried deleting an unwanted special building (the balloon site that I never put up) - you get nothing back at all.

DeletedUser16126

Why do people always want something extra for fee?
There's a 5 letter word for it in english "G...D"!