• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Does anyone see value in FP contribs to TofR?

bobbit64

Private
With the changes to the items provided as incentives to participate in the GE, I used to get some quite valuable items. Now it seems to be mostly for beginners or Antiques Dealer.

What am I missing about the changes to the items offered?

Emberguard

Legend
Even back in 2018 I never saw Temple of Relics as having much value except as a beginner building you could place down for little to no cost to the Owner and it'd more or less level itself from snipers / mud thread. Which is great to have that income and not have to worry about outlay

shadowblackff is right. There have been no changes to the Temple of Relics rewards. The relics are the same as before

If you're referring to the chests after each encounter (which has nothing to do with the Temple of Relics), then it's a more consistent result on most of the higher value items. The stuff removed was stuff like Victory Tower or premium residential / decoration / production building...... none of those were valuable to anything other than absolute beginner players or Antiques Dealer

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
TOR is the only thing that makes GE even viable for spending time playing it these days since the GE nerf. Since TOR was released and I built mine up I've never worried about gaining reno kits/Store buildings since. Did take me a little while to see the value though. I do have a high FI too so some come from that but TOR is my go to for collecting things like that.

The rest all goes to AD which I can't remember the last time I used auctions on and rarely buy from.

According to the profile stats (Not sure how accurate they are), I've collected 4980 relics since GE started which over 900 where jade.

TOR is the only thing that makes GE even viable for spending time playing it these days since the GE nerf. Since TOR was released and I built mine up I've never worried about gaining reno kits/Store buildings since. Did take me a little while to see the value though. I do have a high FI too so some come from that but TOR is my go to for collecting things like that.

The rest all goes to AD which I can't remember the last time I used auctions on and rarely buy from.

According to the profile stats (Not sure how accurate they are), I've collected 4980 relics since GE started which over 900 where jade.
Yes, after the GE nerf, I mostly play GE for the ToR relics. Most of the rewards from the chests are useless to me and go straight to the AD. I rarely buy anything from the AD though.

Deleted member 127677

I value the store buildings, but my guild also plays GE for the stats so I see ToR as just a way of getting some fps and goods on top, for something I do anyway.

Vesiger

Monarch
I never bothered levelling my ToR beyond about level 10 - the difference between having one and not having one at all appears far greater than the difference between having one at a high level and having one at a low level, especially as the Jade relics tend to be of less use than the Silver relics (and certainly than the Gold). If you play the GE at all I think it is worth sparing the space to put down the ToR and get free bonuses, but I don't think it's worth investing many FP into it in search of the chimera of higher rewards.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
ToR has its uses but like so many GBs that have become underpowered and virtually redundant given the over powered event buildings, maybe for a lot of high era players it's about time to part company, for newer players and those in low eras it's a very nice addition and the rewards are worth getting, just a mention of levelling, the ToR maxes out in the mid 60's, after which it becomes uneconomical to level further. Perhaps its about time to "Golden" upgrade some GBs..... in order to make them desirable and useful again

suethegreat

Captain
issue was its size and only useful for 6 days then as you progress rewards from other buildings make it a waste of space. We cant even stick obsolete GB's into inventory as many would like so all the contributions end up in the bin.