• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do You Hate Unfair Trades?

Rongz93

Private
what is fair trade ?

is 20 paper for 40 basalt fair ?

and all who now say: yes
really? how can giving the production from one day on 2x3 space for two days on 4x4 be fair ?

or even in same era
20 paper = 20 tar ? so 2x3 size equals 3x5 size ?

this is the fair trade i know

DeletedUser117706

You
that looks more like a list of your own opinion using your own definitions.
Correct, this is my opinion. The definitions are my words. The rules are InnoGames and are accurate, Guilds and other players (including Guild Founders/Leaders) have no right to interfere with or threaten in any manner InnoGames' paying customers for using InnoGames trading ratios and eras to the maximum allowed. If there were no paying customers and InnoGames was 100% free, that would of course be different, and commenters above whould be correct. However, because there can be real world monetary currency involved in these items, such as goods, diamonds, forge points, threatening a paying InnoGames customer with any form of retaliation for utilizing InnoGames in-game features would be a serious and very concerning activity.

Just because some above express and hold the opinion that it is ok to insist other customers of InnoGames trade only the way they want, under threat of expulsion, doesn't mean it is permitted or within the rules. It only means that no one has filed a complaint and/or InnoGames hasn't found them doing this directly. Those who don't like trades of a certain ratio have a recourse: Don't take the trade. Likewise those who don't like an InnoGames Customer Posting certain trades also have a recourse: Don't take the trade. However, threatening a paying InnoGames customer with expulsion from a guild where they have friends and a sense of community for utilizing InnoGames features including posting into Group Messages, making trades of any ratio/era InnoGames allows is bullying and bullying is not allowed in InnoGames rules or most laws of any country where Forge of Empires is played.

People who lack empathy often have no reservation about bullying those they perceive as weaker. There are many people who play Forge of Empires to get some simple wins, decompress a bit and spend time with their friends in a Guild they belong to. The last thing they need is to be told they cannot use an InnoGames feature such as setting up a trade of 100 Marble for 50 Processed Materials . . . the game allows this trade to be set up and while a bully may not like that, they have no right to threaten or express their anger, rage or other emotion in an attempt to make someone not use InnoGames trading features.

I see the opinions of others above that they would like to be able to tell others how to play the game, but where does it stop? Just at how to trade? Or are others supposed to follow bullies dictates on which days they can play? How about which Guild Members they can be friends with? Where do bullies stop?

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
Correct, this is my opinion. The definitions are my words
The rules are InnoGames and are accurate
Now you're contradicting yourself. Either you've made up your own definitions or they're Inno's.

The rules are InnoGames and are accurate, Guilds and other players (including Guild Founders/Leaders) have no right to interfere with or threaten in any manner InnoGames' paying customers for using InnoGames trading ratios and eras to the maximum allowed.
There's no rule that separates paying customer from free to play customer aside from extending the automatic deletion from 1 year to 3 years. ALL players are treated the same. Where is this rule you're stating from? Quote me the paragraph section from terms and conditions / privacy policy / game rules that I can look it up in

DeletedUser117706

Now you're contradicting yourself. Either you've made up your own definitions or they're Inno's.

There's no rule that separates paying customer from free to play customer aside from extending the automatic deletion from 1 year to 3 years. ALL players are treated the same. Where is this rule you're stating from? Quote me the paragraph section from terms and conditions / privacy policy / game rules that I can look it up in
You have misread the comment. It's ok, I respect and appreciate your opinion.

DeletedUser117706

There is a rule that separates paying customers from free to play customers most definitiely. Criminal Code and Civil Code in all Commonweath Nations and most first world countries, including Germany, separate whether a something is a crime, such as "Extortion" or a civil matter. Extortion, as an example, would involve threatening someone to give something with real world monetary value (that they have paid for with real world currency) or else you will be attacked.

Therefore, it is important not to Hate so-called "Unfair" trades because in reality calling any trade "Unfair" would be calling InnoGames "Unfair" since InnoGames has set up the rules for trades, not guilds or guild-bullies.

DeletedUser117706

Can you actually come up with an argument here, or are you just going try and pointlessly defend your falling position?
No one is here to argue. Your opinion is much appreciated however.

DeletedUser117706

It is great to see that no one above "Hates Unfair Trades."

It is concerning, however, that a few commenters see InnoGames trade ratios as tool to bully others, including children, people struggling, those looking for friendship in a guild, and possibly small animals who's owners help them play Forge of Empires on an iPad.