• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do You Hate Unfair Trades?

FireStorm-X

Private
LOL just had a good thinking outside the box moment, Player on friends list joined guild collected about 4 pages of goods they needed and then left :) now that is what I can using your head. Sent them a nice massage, saying well done and 10 out of 10 :) and they didn't need to spend 1 FP :)

I have been waiting for someone to work that one out :)

Agent327

Overlord
LOL just had a good thinking outside the box moment, Player on friends list joined guild collected about 4 pages of goods they needed and then left :) now that is what I can using your head. Sent them a nice massage, saying well done and 10 out of 10 :) and they didn't need to spend 1 FP :)

I have been waiting for someone to work that one out :)

A couple of years ago there was a guild on my world where traders gathered. After getting there stock back in order they started hopping guilds where they would take all trades they could and then moved on to the next guild. The 7 day rule sort of killed that.

DeletedUser118860

A couple of years ago there was a guild on my world where traders gathered. After getting there stock back in order they started hopping guilds where they would take all trades they could and then moved on to the next guild. The 7 day rule sort of killed that.
So is the 7 day rule that one can't join any guild for 7 days once you leave? I thought it was only that you couldn't join the same guild again for 7 days!

Speaking of it from a psychological perspective no fair trade ever exists, because what we already possess is always more valuable than what is not ours.
Speaking technically, again no fair trade exists in FoE, because the concept of fairness is profoundly flawed.

Who and how has reckoned a higher age good is woeth twice that of a lower age? Mathematically, the cost-to-production ratio doesn't justify that definition of fairness. Further, even same-age trades can be unfair even when one-for-one, because certain goods buildings are larger than others.

However, as we are all aiming for a uniform, comprehensible and simplified formula for trades, the closest one to absolute fairness would be:

N being the age,
N -> N+1 = 1:1
N -> N-1 = 1:1
N -> N+ >/= 2 = 1:2
N -> N - >/= 2 = 2:1

In other words, current age to one age up or down should be 1:1
Two or more ages above current age 1:2
Two or more ages below current age 2:1

Last edited:

DeletedUser117706

After a good period of time for this thread and some important points made by all, the question seems to be: "Can a guild impose their own rules on trading?"

The answer is no.
  1. Forge of Empires is InnoGames property;
  2. The Guild structure is InnoGames property;
  3. The Group Message feature is InnoGames property;
  4. Allowed Trade Ratios are defined by InnoGames;
  5. Bullying/harassment is against InnoGames rules;
  6. Telling another player they cannot make a trade of a certain ratio is bullying/harassment;
  7. Bullying/harassment costs InnoGames customers and revenue;
Guild's and Group Messaging are not permission to alter InnoGames features or harass/bully others to accept your Will/paradigm over how you think InnoGames rules should work (i.e. trading).

While players may not like certain trades, it is fundamentally against Innogames/Forge of Empires rules, and various countries laws, to harass or bully another person while online. It is bullying to insist, demand, threaten other players not to use the InnoGames features. "Kicking" a player out of a guild for using Innogames features is bullying and should be reported immediately to Innogames support. You can report such bullying/abuse using the "Report" feature clicking on a player name.

While it is obvious some players may like certain ratios and types of trades, InnoGames does not allow harassing or bullying players to create only certain types of trades. Those who demand by threatening, harassing, being mean, or abusive, any adherence to a modification of Innogames in-game trading structures and methods, should be reported to Innogames, by anyone witnessing or experiencing such activity.

There are people who are struggling with real world issues and bullying and harassment can not only disrupt their online enjoyment of Forge of Empires but can cause people who are enjoying the game to have the game environment poisoned and ruined for them. Moreover, the result of bullying and harassment of this type costs InnoGames significant customer losses and revenue.

Imposing your will on another player in-game because they are trading in a way you do not approve of is bullying/harassment and could cost Innogames a valuable customer and significantly do real and perceivable harm to another person, whether an eight year old child, a person going through difficult times, or someone who just wants to decompress for a few minutes with a few wins and some friends. Such bullying should be reported immediately to InnoGames using the "Report" feature clicking on the players name.

Be kind, do not harass other players, do not bully players to abandon using Innogames trading system to its maximum limits. If you don't have anything kind to say, don't say anything at all.

Have fun.

DeletedUser

teest is bullying and harassing us with this egocentric tripe. Join a Guild, leave a Guild, form a Guild, {and put up with the non-compliance to your rules}, who cares?!

DeletedUser117706

Actually the answer is yes. There are no rules on how to run a guild. If you do not like how it is done, you do not join or leave!
Actually the answer is no. There are rules on how to run a guild, not the least of which bullying and harassing other players is grounds for banishment from the game. Which Forge of Empires guild and world do you play on Agent327? Can you also provide your player name please? I'd be interested to see how you have established things sir.

DeletedUser117706

teest is bullying and harassing us with this egocentric tripe. Join a Guild, leave a Guild, form a Guild, {and put up with the non-compliance to your rules}, who cares?!
May I know your Forge of Empires server, world and player name please? I would like to learn about your guild rules if possible. Thank you in advance.

FLKMAMS

Sergeant
everything would be easier if we had a "fair trade" buttom. We had 2 at the moment: thouse that you can really take, and guild. A new one, to show just "fair trade" would be the end of all the mess. I really dont know why neighbours with dozens of pages of little "unfairs" trades, ask me the reason why I close their GB and my attacks xD. Somehow they have to pay for my time xD

DeletedUser117706

I believe there is more to learn from players like Agen327 and Logh Longarm and hope to be able to visit their guilds and see their "guild rules" as they clearly feel very strongly about their rights to enforce their guild rules. This is an interesting behavior and I would like to observe their methods to help understand their positions. Great to see them expressing their opinions for sure

syjytg

Master Corporal
Actually the answer is no. There are rules on how to run a guild, not the least of which bullying and harassing other players is grounds for banishment from the game. Which Forge of Empires guild and world do you play on Agent327? Can you also provide your player name please? I'd be interested to see how you have established things sir.

Even if you are right, it is a technicality at best. Even if they are not allowed to kick you because you refuse to agree with the guild terms, no one is obligated to accept any trade. So they won't be accepting your trades if you do not conform to their terms anyway. So you won't be getting the goods anyway.

DeletedUser117706

No
No, it's not ...
For instance ... being a hood bully and plundering everyone is allowed
It appears InnoGames has become aware of this era-trolls bullying loophole and is working to make the in-game experience better for all . . . this includes possible removal of era-trolls ability to attack players who do not wish to entertain such activity.

After a good period of time for this thread and some important points made by all, the question seems to be: "Can a guild impose their own rules on trading?"

The answer is no.
  1. Forge of Empires is InnoGames property;
  2. The Guild structure is InnoGames property;
  3. The Group Message feature is InnoGames property;
  4. Allowed Trade Ratios are defined by InnoGames;
  5. Bullying/harassment is against InnoGames rules;
  6. Telling another player they cannot make a trade of a certain ratio is bullying/harassment;
  7. Bullying/harassment costs InnoGames customers and revenue;
Guild's and Group Messaging are not permission to alter InnoGames features or harass/bully others to accept your Will/paradigm over how you think InnoGames rules should work (i.e. trading).

While players may not like certain trades, it is fundamentally against Innogames/Forge of Empires rules, and various countries laws, to harass or bully another person while online. It is bullying to insist, demand, threaten other players not to use the InnoGames features. "Kicking" a player out of a guild for using Innogames features is bullying and should be reported immediately to Innogames support. You can report such bullying/abuse using the "Report" feature clicking on a player name.

While it is obvious some players may like certain ratios and types of trades, InnoGames does not allow harassing or bullying players to create only certain types of trades. Those who demand by threatening, harassing, being mean, or abusive, any adherence to a modification of Innogames in-game trading structures and methods, should be reported to Innogames, by anyone witnessing or experiencing such activity.

There are people who are struggling with real world issues and bullying and harassment can not only disrupt their online enjoyment of Forge of Empires but can cause people who are enjoying the game to have the game environment poisoned and ruined for them. Moreover, the result of bullying and harassment of this type costs InnoGames significant customer losses and revenue.

Imposing your will on another player in-game because they are trading in a way you do not approve of is bullying/harassment and could cost Innogames a valuable customer and significantly do real and perceivable harm to another person, whether an eight year old child, a person going through difficult times, or someone who just wants to decompress for a few minutes with a few wins and some friends. Such bullying should be reported immediately to InnoGames using the "Report" feature clicking on the players name.

Be kind, do not harass other players, do not bully players to abandon using Innogames trading system to its maximum limits. If you don't have anything kind to say, don't say anything at all.

Have fun.

- It is allowed to refer to a player as a noob or to criticize their way of playing using appropriate
language.

- Threats are only allowed when they relate to the game and not real life. For example, saying that
you will attack someone with your units if he does not give you Forge Points is allowed. However, it is
not allowed to say that you will find someone and beat him up if he does not give you Forge Points.

(quote, game rules)

No

It appears InnoGames has become aware of this era-trolls bullying loophole and is working to make the in-game experience better for all . . . this includes possible removal of era-trolls ability to attack players who do not wish to entertain such activity.
Dream on :-)