• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do You Hate Unfair Trades?

FireStorm-X

Private
Yep tried posting a Few Fair Trades on guild Thread and worked out I would flood it and take forever for Members to go through it lol, That was when I decided to just put more Guild only Trades up on Market. Much easier and effective :)

Any Empire

Sergeant
You on the other hand have a different opinion and think there are unfair trades.

I never said that. Fine to argue with my statements, but don't make up false statements. What I did say is that some guilds have rules on what is a fair trade, and that some trades posted break those rules. [I've argued before that trade guidelines need review and discussion.]

You stated that the person posting a trade was responsible for the buyer getting “screwed”. If there is no such thing as an unfair trade, how could anyone get “screwed” ? Again, you contradict yourself.

That is absolute and total rubbish. Guildmembers have access to every trade you post. Saying you will always trade fair to them is incorrect. Problem is they expect you to do so and in expecting it, they get screwed by you.

You claim that unfair trades don’t exist in one post, then contradict yourself by saying someone is “incorrect” in claiming their posted trades were fair. Above, you argued that it was “rubbish” and ‘incorrect” for the poster to claim they only make fair trades.

So, what is it? How can those trades be unfair, if unfair trades don’t exist? You keep contradicting yourself,

My personal opinion was quite clear: regardless of where a trade is posted, and regardless of whether that trade meets any guild’s particular rules on what a "fair" trade is, it is solely the responsibility of the buyer for making the trade. If they get less value than they wanted, the buyer, and the buyer alone is responsible. Not the seller.

Very often, in this and other FOE forums, when a person complains about a bad outcome from doing something in FoE, they are told it is their fault. The feedback usually is they went too fast, did not understand the game well enough, did not read instructions or FOE announcements, carefully enough, etc. etc. And, for the most part, I agree with that. It is a game with some complexities, and it takes time to learn, and it is the responsibility of a player to learn the rules.

If a person can’t figure out what fair trade is, they should avoid trading until they do. If they go too fast and blindly accept any trade, they learnt a valuable lesson: slow down and assess the value of the trade before buying it. If they find a person consistently posts poor value trades (maybe more accurate than “unfair”), or trades that go against guild rules, they learned another important lesson: who not to trust. But the most important lesson is that they, and they alone, are responsible for their decisions and choices.

Any Empire

Sergeant
Yep tried posting a Few Fair Trades on guild Thread and worked out I would flood it and take forever for Members to go through it lol, That was when I decided to just put more Guild only Trades up on Market. Much easier and effective :)

The trade threads used in 3 guilds I’m in are marked "urgent" or something similar, and get reserved for events (e.g. circular trades), or trades for depleted stocks for GBG. 2 others have "fair trade" threads. There are 2 guilds with a GBG/GVG trade thread. Otherwise, "normal trades" are posted only in the marketplace.

They all work ok; in each guild new members quickly self-regulate their posts. Of course, I may just be lucky to be in 5 very well managed guilds, all with folks who put in a lot of effort to work well together.

Any Empire

Sergeant
A fair trade thread? Where ALL the fair trades from guild members are posted? Wow! What a flood of trades in a thread. Maybe 100s of fair guild trades to scroll through :-o
Most trades go in the marketplace. However, in 5 guilds I’m in there’s some variant of an urgent trade thread, strictly for events (e.g. circular trades) or to quickly replenish someone’s stocks for GBG.

In all 5 guilds I’m in, members warn new members not to post “unfair” trades (though what is unfair varies a bit from 1 guild to another). Also, if someone posts an ‘unfair’ trade for a GB, they warn everyone before posting. While each guild is somewhat different, overall these threads work efficiently. But, as I said, maybe I am just lucky to be in 5 well-run guilds.

Most trades go in the marketplace. However, in 5 guilds I’m in there’s some variant of an urgent trade thread, strictly for events (e.g. circular trades) or to quickly replenish someone’s stocks for GBG.

In all 5 guilds I’m in, members warn new members not to post “unfair” trades (though what is unfair varies a bit from 1 guild to another). Also, if someone posts an ‘unfair’ trade for a GB, they warn everyone before posting. While each guild is somewhat different, overall these threads work efficiently. But, as I said, maybe I am just lucky to be in 5 well-run guilds.
You're not especially "lucky", I think. Most trade threads I know of are only for "urgent trades". Makes no sense to flood a trade thread with all the daily guild trades.
And yes, pre-arranged "unfair" trade deals for GB goods are usually advertised and taken down from the market by the buyer as fast as possible.

Last edited:

FireStorm-X

Private
The Problem I had was when I rest my Trades I had 67 Pages of what would be Guild Fair Trades + Open Market fair Trades, Total of 670 Trades. Not sure putting them on Guild Trade thread would have been a good choice LOL. That was what I meant by it would not work for me :)

If I need GBG stock and I am running low, then I will post on Guild Trade page so they can be seen and members know they are urgent.

Agent327

Overlord
I never said that. Fine to argue with my statements, but don't make up false statements. What I did say is that some guilds have rules on what is a fair trade, and that some trades posted break those rules.

Yeah, right

All my guilds have a fair-trade swap thread

My personal opinion was quite clear: regardless of where a trade is posted, and regardless of whether that trade meets any guild’s particular rules on what a "fair" trade is, it is solely the responsibility of the buyer for making the trade. If they get less value than they wanted, the buyer, and the buyer alone is responsible. Not the seller.

Again

All my guilds have a fair-trade swap thread

You really are very funny :lol:

Vesiger

Monarch
I'm not sure that marking your trades as "Guild only" is achieving anything from your point of view (unless you actively object to outsiders taking 'fair' trades?)
Your guildmates can see your trades whether they are marked 'Guild only' or not - in fact so far as I know, there is no way for them to distinguish such a trade from any others in the market. As the sole effect of that setting is to hide the trades in question from everybody else, it seems to me that you might as well make all your trades 'open market' ones, thus increasing the chance of their being taken.

FireStorm-X

Private
No problem with Guild or open trades being taken, in 48hrs I had 230 trades taken. 170 were open Trades and 60 were Guild only Trades.

But mote point know as I have left guild as we still had a few members that were not happy, so I decided that it was better for me to leave and Trade the way I do on my own for now.

FireStorm-X

Private
Ok
Why, well when I first started playing FOE, finding goods on the market that I needed was hard, it would be there and I would have the wrong goods :( so took time to get what I wanted. Now I can put out all combos of Goods so that if you need something, you can find it for whatever goods you have.

The reason I trade for profit, is 2 fold. First so I can put out as many trades as possible, so players can find what they need and if I am in a Guild so I can supply the Guild with goods they need.

I have a lot of repeat customers, that will restock each it I am in there area, so it is easier for me to post 100 pages of trades and leve it for a week, until it closes down and returns the goods that have not been traded back to my stock.

FireStorm-X

Private
Mainly to Help in my own way, I do use some goods for GE and GBG, but even that helps the guild I am in as it helps gain crowns for the Guild ;)

I am in a small guild on one world, where I am the only member that dose GBG and mainly GE, just got the Guild to level 18 tonight :) that helps Guild members with extra FPs and other bits as well :)

Plus a little thing I like to do for low level members is what I call a Goods Stock Chain, they tell me a goods they have and how much. I setup a chain starting with what they have and ending in them getting there goods back, plus a good stock of goods for them from my stock :)

Last edited:

FireStorm-X

Private
So far on this thread I have seen 2 Ideas, that I would like to see added, first Open Market only tab (mainly so you do not flood Guild market with extra trades) and the donate to guild member :)

Trading can be a important benefit to a guild, supplying goods for Research/GB/GE/GBG and helping Guild members, I am a strong believer that if you can you should help your Guild members as much as you can, the stronger they become, the stronger your Guild will become :)

Agent327

Overlord
So far on this thread I have seen 2 Ideas, that I would like to see added, first Open Market only tab (mainly so you do not flood Guild market with extra trades) and the donate to guild member :)

Trading can be a important benefit to a guild, supplying goods for Research/GB/GE/GBG and helping Guild members, I am a strong believer that if you can you should help your Guild members as much as you can, the stronger they become, the stronger your Guild will become :)

I am a strong believer in reading how a forum works and what you can and can not propose. Looks like we are both in for a big disappointment.