• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do You Hate Unfair Trades?

FireStorm-X

Private
Ok managed at last to get onto Forum :) Hi All

I understand a lot of Guilds have Fair Trade rules, as such I would not join a Guild with these Rules due to the way I trade on the Open Market as they would call it Unfair. But to Guild members I will always Trade by Fair Trade rules or at a loss to help a Guild memeber :) I trade, so I can help my Guild :)

I do not have one Goods production building on my City and not had any since I stop producing Marble. Many, Many months ago and Still have over 40K of goods, many of which I trade daily on the open market, Guild only trades and use in GE and GBG.

A average days trading for me is around 50 trades a day, but sometimes you get Mad Days....................

As someone posted before. I can not force players to take my Trades, I provide goods and if they are willing to Trade with me. then they Trade :)

Agent327

Overlord
I understand a lot of Guilds have Fair Trade rules, as such I would not join a Guild with these Rules due to the way I trade on the Open Market as they would call it Unfair. But to Guild members I will always Trade by Fair Trade rules or at a loss to help a Guild memeber :) I trade, so I can help my Guild :)

That is absolute and total rubbish. Guildmembers have access to every trade you post. Saying you will always trade fair to them is incorrect. Problem is they expect you to do so and in expecting it, they get screwed by you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Any Empire

Sergeant
That is absolute and total rubbish. Guildmembers have access to every trade you post. Saying you will always trade fair to them is incorrect. Problem is they expect you to do so and in expecting it, they get screwed by you.

Wrong, totally and completely wrong.

You are the one always criticizing people who don’t read the rules! You typically harp on about how folks should not complain about what happens if the don’t read/follow rules.

All my guilds have a fair-trade swap thread, where members post only trades that abide by guild ‘fair trade rules’. 4 out of 5 of my guilds say unfair trades can be made in the open market place, especially if trading FPs for GB goods.

Guilds tell members to read guild rules on how to use “fair trade” threads. The OP is absolutely correct that any guild member will only see ‘fair trade’ offers in those designated 'fair trade' threads, as defined by that particular guild.

No one is getting “screwed”, unless they are too ‘lazy’ or ‘stupid’ (your favorite terms) to read the guild’s rules and use the right trade threads.

And there never has been 100% agreement across all guilds/worlds on what constitutes 'fair' trade; let alone across all servers. Guilds can vary what is or is not "fair". Other systems have been proposed, and at least a couple of guilds actually use a different system, while some don’t have any rules at all against ‘unfair trades’. So it is the responsibility of the guild member to know and follow guild rules on what is a fair trade and how to access them, otherwise they get what they deserve.

Unfortunately I have to agree with @Agent327

Just because you don't put the trades on the guild thread it doesn't mean that guild members won't see them when looking at the open market and because they have your name against them (on pc not app) may assume they are "fair" as they are from a guild member

Agent327

Overlord
Wrong, totally and completely wrong.

Am I? :lol:

All my guilds have a fair-trade swap thread, where members post only trades that abide by guild ‘fair trade rules’.

I see, my mistake. A fair-trade swap thread obviously makes it fool proof. Everybody reads that and obviously no one looks directly at the market.

I think you have also found the solution to the GBG problem so many mention. Each Guild should start a GBG thread where the members are told what to attack and what not. That will work like a charm :lol:

FireStorm-X

Private
Hi there

I Reset my Trades last night, making sure I matched the number and type of trades with Guild fair Trades and open market Trades, in 24hrs I have completed:

35 Guild Trades, all checked and all Fair Trade
Filled 8 Guild Trades on Market and Trade thread in Guild
43 Open market Trades
24 friends Trades

Total 110 Trades, without 1 Unfair Guild Trade

But I will admit, That I have only just started the 50/50 Trading as it solved the problem of Guild member's taking unfair trades ;) and feedback from Guild members taking Trades has been very positive :)

Moving from a Small Guild, where sorting out Trades with Guild Members (Easy) to a large Guild, has brought a few Issues with Trading. But with a bit of time and thought, these have been worked on and answers found to the issues :)

Any Empire

Sergeant
Unfortunately I have to agree with @Agent327

Just because you don't put the trades on the guild thread it doesn't mean that guild members won't see them when looking at the open market and because they have your name against them (on pc not app) may assume they are "fair" as they are from a guild member
So why would do you usually say that a player is responsible for making sure they don't add the wrong number of FPs to a GB because they go too fast? Or that they are responsible when they launch an attack with the wrong units? Yet, now, in the case of trades, you think that they are not responsible when they go too fast and take a bad trade? Not very consistent.

So why would do you usually say that a player is responsible for making sure they don't add the wrong number of FPs to a GB because they go too fast? Or that they are responsible when they launch an attack with the wrong units? Yet, now, in the case of trades, you think that they are not responsible when they go too fast and take a bad trade? Not very consistent.
I was agreeing that it is possible for guild members to see and take unfair trades where the poster stated that they only traded fair with the guild and different with everyone else.

Everyone is responsible for their actions and appropriate care and attention should be taken when doing anything

FireStorm-X

Private
I was agreeing that it is possible for guild members to see and take unfair trades where the poster stated that they only traded fair with the guild and different with everyone else.

This was a issue when I joined Guild :( and I stopped Trading for a while, new system is working at the moment and I will keep watching to see how it gose. If Guild Members start taking Open Market Trades, I will take them down and work on it again, but at the moment it is working. I might have to Restock Trades more often, to make sure Guild Only Trades do not run low. But at the moment they have 25 Pages of Guild Only trades to pick from :)

As a side note when I joined Guild, I did explain how I trade, But learnt quickly that not everyone reads the posts on Thread doh :(

the fair trade rules set by nearly every decent guild is correct way of playing your 1-1,2-1,1-2,its not only that the higher goods cost more to make its the effort hard work/map work of getting there you have to take into consideration also,if you have sledge builders ect dont matter youve made effort to get those and probably update them so their goods are worth more than the lower age
it used to be new starters BA/IA who hadnt learnt yet doing unfair trades,some carry on doing it a few more ages but the higher you get it dissapears has been my experience,the game is based on GREED though,i've kicked a few from guilds i've been in charge of
trades for exchange for GB goods have never been an issue

Vesiger

Monarch
If Guild Members start taking Open Market Trades, I will take them down and work on it again, but at the moment it is working. I might have to Restock Trades more often, to make sure Guild Only Trades do not run low. But at the moment they have 25 Pages of Guild Only trades to pick from :)
Unfortunately I think you have misunderstood how 'guild only' trades work - that filter selects all trades from anyone who is a member of the guild, whether or not they believe they have designated them as 'open market' trades. It's designed to indicate which trades can be taken without paying additional FP, that's all.
Marking a trade as 'guild only' hides it from people outside your guild, so you can use this to make particularly advantageous offers that you don't want anyone else to benefit from. But there is no way to hide a disadvantageous trade from people inside your guild.

FireStorm-X

Private
I understand that Guild members will be able to see them, But by offering a equal amount of Guild only Fair Trades, they should be able to find the deals they need without needing to take Open market trades. A lot of work making sure Trades stay balanced, But I have been Supplying Guild Members with a lot of fair Trade goods so Far. Having another Big run on Guild fair Trades again today :)

On my next Restock I will be adding more Guild fair trades then I will be adding Open Market Trades, Due to the amount of Trades I am doing with Guild Members to increase the amount of Stock they have to Trade with.

Just spent over 1hr resetting Trades, 77 Pages Filled with over 70% Fair trades for Guild members and some on Open Market Fair Trades going up 1 Age ;)

Last edited:
I understand that Guild members will be able to see them, But by offering a equal amount of Guild only Fair Trades, they should be able to find the deals they need without needing to take Open market trades. A lot of work making sure Trades stay balanced, But I have been Supplying Guild Members with a lot of fair Trade goods so Far. Having another Big run on Guild fair Trades again today :)

On my next Restock I will be adding more Guild fair trades then I will be adding Open Market Trades, Due to the amount of Trades I am doing with Guild Members to increase the amount of Stock they have to Trade with.

Just spent over 1hr resetting Trades, 77 Pages Filled with over 70% Fair trades for Guild members and some on Open Market Fair Trades going up 1 Age ;)

are you the leader of the guild?,in my experience other members will complian about unfair trades quite quick or you get people upset,any trade by a member comes on the same trade market as said above

FireStorm-X

Private
Not Guild leader as I joined a new Guild (I did inform on way I trade, when I joined), Teest is one of the leaders and why he posted on here to find out how other players feel about fair trading as Guild dose not have Trade rules at present.

I was asked to stop Trades while it was looked into and I did as requested :) Now trying new way of Trading, with more Guild only Fair trades posted so Guild Members can find them easier :)

If problems arise, then will stop again and look at how things can be worked out. But feed back from members trading with me has been positive so far :)

Any Empire

Sergeant
Sigh….

Your original point was in response to “unfair trades” being posted in the open market, where any guild member could see it, implying the poster of the trade is responsible.

Problem is they expect you to do so and in expecting it, they get screwed by you.

However, you then contradict yourself by saying unfair trades ‘don’t exist,’ and whoever takes a trade, regardless of whether or not it meets the criteria of ‘fair trade’ is solely responsible for being a ‘fool’

There are no unfair trades. Only fools that take trades.

Caveat emptor, aka ‘buyer beware”. Whether or not a trade posted on either i) a fair-trade thread or ii) the open market, meets that guild’s ‘fairness’ guidelines, it is fully the responsibility of the person taking the trade to understand its value (either to help them or to help out the guild).

E.g. Inno’s diamond “sales”. You could blindly buy anything Inno offers during the current diamond ‘sales’, arguing a reputable company would not post ‘unfair’ sale prices, and that sale items really are a steep discount offering an amazing bargain. Or you can think about what you are doing.

If the poster is not following a guild’s rules on trades, the guild should warn them, and boot them if it is repeated. But whoever takes the trade is 100% responsible for understanding if it is good value or not. No exceptions. If they go too fast to think about the worth of the trade, it is 100% their problem.

You try so very hard to find fault with anything posted, that you at times make completely contradictory statements. There is a big difference between having information and having knowledge You’ve quite a lot of the former, but don’t always take the time to turn it into the latter. It seems you are more eager to score points, than to have an open discussion.

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
Your original point was in response to “unfair trades” being posted in the open market, where any guild member could see it, implying the poster of the trade is responsible.
However, you then contradict yourself by saying unfair trades ‘don’t exist,’ and whoever takes a trade, regardless of whether or not it meets the criteria of ‘fair trade’ is solely responsible for being a ‘fool’

Nice how you mix up two things and than say I contradict myself.

As far as I am concerned there are no unfair trades. You on the other hand have a different opinion and think there are unfair trades. To be able to argue that misconception I have to accept it. I am not contradicting myself, I am contradicting you.

Even the person trading unfair tells you, your fair trade swap thread does not work. You just fail to accept that and are dealing with it by ignoring it.

A fair trade thread? Where ALL the fair trades from guild members are posted? Wow! What a flood of trades in a thread. Maybe 100s of fair guild trades to scroll through :-o