• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[DISCUSSION] Update to 1.31

DeletedUser1081

More "clickthroughs", message center lags and jumbled message lists (some messages go missing, while others appear multiple times), teleporting opponents (not where they appear to be on the battlefield) - can't they roll it back?

DeletedUser

More "clickthroughs", message center lags and jumbled message lists (some messages go missing, while others appear multiple times), teleporting opponents (not where they appear to be on the battlefield) - can't they roll it back?

Not sure that would be possible, and from experiences elsewhere roll-backs 'can' cause problems too.

DeletedUser97018

and i thought there was something wrong with my pc with all those "click throughs".... checked my settings and saw HA to be off, refreshed, cleaned cache....... same thing
then find out they tried to improve it again :( - can't say for sure sure, but i suspect they messed it up somehow....
but that's not the main reason for my post, only stumbled upon it :p
main reason is alleged fix of an issue where units display in wrong hex during a battle
just went into a battle and found this:
http://prntscr.com/45x8w8
well i guess it is kind of fixed - there are only 2 of them ;)

DeletedUser7719

That isn't fixed. There's only two because there are only two units that could move before your first unit.

DeletedUser104051

The Update seems to have stopped mine loading at all !! ... just diagonal stripes on my screen ... nice !!

DeletedUser15432

Hippocratia, in thread 6, you have answered a question by Domapai, with an answer that is not what is being asked, D, has stated that he/she does not have the ability to purchase expansions with medals and you have answered with the fact that the expanded city map came out in 1.25

Domapai, I would suggest that you take a screen shot of the area in question and raise a ticket with support

DeletedUser

Hippocratia, in thread 6, you have answered a question by Domapai, with an answer that is not what is being asked, D, has stated that he/she does not have the ability to purchase expansions with medals and you have answered with the fact that the expanded city map came out in 1.25

Domapai, I would suggest that you take a screen shot of the area in question and raise a ticket with support

Moved this to the discussion thread where it should be. Thanks for the reply.

DeletedUser1081

The question Domapoi asked has already been correctly answered by byeordie here:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...DISCUSSION-Update-to-1-31&p=150151#post150151

The PME victory expansions came out (unannounced) in one of the last updates before PME was launched - same as what happened with the ME victory expansions.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Yes, apparently there is some technicality which makes the two Victory Expansions for the forthcoming age available for use a short time prior the to the launch of the new age.

DeletedUser96901

Yes, apparently there is some technicality which makes the two Victory Expansions for the forthcoming age available for use a short time prior the to the launch of the new age.
and there are some problems in the understanding of the people:
those two expansions are part of the postmodern era and not missing

like little children who gets their Christmas present one week before Christmas and then telling all other they didn't get a Christmas present because they didn't get it on the correct day :rolleyes:

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
...and those poor kids whose birthday is on Christmas day and they get a supposedly bigger present to cover both occasions..pfft

DeletedUser

Lastly some guildmates are reporting they are fighting invisible units on global map and GvG.
I havent seen this myself as of yet but if it would happen i'd be pretty mad tbh.

I've been having this issue for several patches now. Maybe since 1.27

DeletedUser4879

What's up with those Inno devs? Not even listen to their Mods any more?
Glad there are Games out there without all those problems!! But than, they're
just as greedy...:rolleyes:

DeletedUser99445

Just as greedy...YES but they work better with less technical problems.

DeletedUser

With Hardware Acceleration on I've had quite a few "clickthroughs" when trying to select a building to move or sell - it generally wants to move or sell the building behind the icon, which can be quite alarming, or annoying when it has picked up a piece of road. It also feels unresponsive and takes a harder click to place buildings. All of this cleared up on disabling Hardware Acceleration; more responsive and no problems with selecting buildings.

Obviously my pc is one of the older ones that encounters more problems with this option enabled, so I hope that the option to disable it remains for future updates, I'm not buying a new computer until this one gives up the ghost:

Win Vista, 64-bit OS. 2.20GHz processor, 3.0 GB RAM, NVidia GForce 9200 graphics card.

Flash version: 14,0,0,145, Browser: Chrome/36.0.1985.125

DeletedUser101925

I'd like to say that i'm very disappointed so far with the new HA updates. As i've said before there are so many clickthroughs that it's not even funny anymore. Just now I had to reboot my browser 3 times just to get my city reorganised. My browser (and plugin container, aka flash) is taking tremendous amounts of memory and it gets slow really really fast after moving just a couple buildings around. Sorry to say but it's absolute ridicolous. And before you ask, yes FoE is the only tab i've got opened.

And i'm not running on a potato either:
->3.4ghz Duo-core
-> 8GB ram (+4gb if including crossfire),
-> 64bit latest waterfox version,
-> ATI HD7970 1GB. (not that it matters)

(1.31.25214 (29.07.2014 10:30), syph0n (815564), en8, en_US, WIN 12,0,0,43, Windows Vista, Firefox/30.0, 1024x641, DirectX9 (352 MB VRAM))

edit: After cleaning up my browser etc. a few problems have been dealt with. It goes alot faster again but it slows down rather quick after changing some buildings around and checking up on friends list.