• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[DISCUSSION] Update to 1.31

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
Does this include a fix for the guild ranking as reported here?

What do you know, it apparently does.

However, in my opinion the rankings have deeper issues than this. It never made any sense that you have to click a guild once to open a menu with a single option, and then click that option a second time to view the guild. Now the same flawed idea has been added to player rankings as well - the buttons which used to work perfectly well have been removed in favor of having to click the player twice to select what you want. This is just another example, however minor, that the developers are incompetent.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
It's the same with the GvG map... click on a sector to bring up the menu, but invariably the sector info popup obscures the menu, meaning you have to move your mouse away or click again... very poor GUI design.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5180

not much in this update, possibly thats a good thing as a lot of recent changes have been disappointing so i guess no changes is good news apart from previous issues that still need sorted but that would be going off-topic

DeletedUser100341

They are good against artillery defences, even those with high defence boost (200%+). Use 1 Champ + 7 Rogues. They have good range and movement and can get across the battlefield with ease.

Not having achieved that age yet I didn't realize their advantage. Thanks for the tip. But my champions HMA & LMA and retreat HMA will be outdated by then. I'll have to hope for another one in future events when I'm at that age. And some reno kits to go with them.

DeletedUser96867

@ Rosletyne Totally agree, i hate when things get upgraded to be worse than they were to start with. It would seem the programmers have nothing better to do with their time..... well other than ignore all the problems we've been telling them about for months.

DeletedUser1253

There is still no expansion square purchase available using medals. This feature was not available in Post Modern Era or any subsequent updates or fixes. This feature was always available to purchase at least 2 additional expansion squares. What good are the medals if you have nothing to purchase with them?? If senior players can't expand why should we keep playing? You have us roadblocked, why?
Domapoi

DeletedUser7719

There is still no expansion square purchase available using medals. This feature was not available in Post Modern Era or any subsequent updates or fixes. This feature was always available to purchase at least 2 additional expansion squares. What good are the medals if you have nothing to purchase with them?? If senior players can't expand why should we keep playing? You have us roadblocked, why?
Domapoi
We did get our 2 extra victory/medal expansions an update or two before the PME was released.

DeletedUser99588

Terrible lag since update 1.31 moving stuff around my city. H/A is off but it now has the same lag as when I tried after update 1.30 with it on.

Tried enabling H/A to see if that helps and seemed better for a little while but as soon as I started messing around with road connections it came to a complete halt with H/A on. Couldn't handle the buildings connecting and disconnecting.

Don't know what has changed but whatever it is my computer doesn't like it :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Terrible lag since last update moving stuff around my city. H/A is off but it now has the same lag as when I tried after last update with it on.

Is it the same with both HA on and HA off? And obviously you've tried all the usual tricks of refreshing, clearing cache, etc, etc...

DeletedUser99588

It was worse with it on when disconnecting and reconnecting roads but not right either way to be honest. Clear cache and closing down browser and re-opening help for a short while but it doesn't take long for it to slow right down making it hard to place buildings in the right spot. Not had long to experiment to be honest but all is not well :(

DeletedUser101925

Has the HA updated again yesterday? I'm having worse experiences playing the game it seems. More "clickthroughs" when clicking motivate/polish it immediately does the thing behind it.
Also sending mails seems slower? Because when i type it takes a couple of seconds before it actually appears, as if i were low on memory or smth.

Lastly some guildmates are reporting they are fighting invisible units on global map and GvG.
I havent seen this myself as of yet but if it would happen i'd be pretty mad tbh.

Edit2: Also GvG map takes much longer to load however it is more smoothened (no laggy movement at all, in fact) so it's not a real complaint.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
It's gone downhill for me too. Takes 5-10 sec for the army management screen to load up. Then, when actually entering a battle it's as thought the battle speed has been set to 1. If I refresh as soon as a battle commences then the speed improves a little. So basically now for each and every battle I am having to refresh just after selecting units, then start the battle and refresh again.

What little enjoyment I had left in the game, Inno are managing to erode with each update.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Better make sure there's enough space on the server to cope with the volume of HA issues in that post :)

DeletedUser99588

I have H/A on and I'm seeing a 5 second delay between being able to move each of my troops. If I close browser and reopen all is fine for rest of battle but then same problem occurs within one or two battles.

I have noticed things are initially faster with H/A on but then goes rapidly pear shaped the more you do and it is ridiculous to have to keep closing the browser and reopening every 5 minutes.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Guys (and gals) :)

I checked the Add-ons in Firefox and my Flash was version 14.0.0.25 (I think, or maybe 14.0.0.125). Anyway I just manually updated from the Adobe site to 14.0.0.145 and battles load and play out very fast. I have HA disabled.

See if it makes a difference for you.

EDIT: Hold your horses. Can manage two battles before it slows down to a crawl again. Closing and reopening the browser makes the next couple of battles fast again. So it's an improvement over having every battle slow, but still a pain in the..... neck :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Guys (and gals) :)

I checked the Add-ons in Firefox and my Flash was version 14.0.0.25 (I think, or maybe 14.0.0.125). Anyway I just manually updated form the Adobe site to 14.0.0.145 and battles load and play out very fast. I have HA disabled.

See if it makes a difference for you.

Good news for people using or considering using Firefox for playing FoE. :D

EDIT: Hold your horses. Can manage two battles before it slows down to a crawl again. Closing and reopening the browser makes the next couple of battles fast again. So it's an improvement over having every battle slow, but still a pain in the..... neck :)

Edit - after previous post was updated: Well, it's heading in the right direction...