• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Discussion thread - Update to 1.26

DeletedUser4089

I don't think it is happening until 2019. That's the next time May 15th falls on a Wednesday :P

Congratulations!

This was of course a test to see who was paying attention!

You have won yourself 4 reputation, courtesy of myself!

Thanks though, the post has been updated to the correct date of Wednesday 14th May 2014 :)

DeletedUser15432

what has happened to all the other items that were originally in this update, have they now hone by the board, ir will they be implemented at some later date

DeletedUser

Wasn't it supposed to be enabled now the Post-Modern era with update 1.26?

DeletedUser

I thought we were going to have already the Post-Modern era!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

If you read the announcement over there, you would of got your answer. We don't even get any of the ME unit, GB, or PvP Tower changes in this update (not complaining)

DeletedUser7719

Have you tried with Hardware Acceleration off? Also, have you tried clearing your cache?

DeletedUser

Another issue, i hear no music only sound effects. Volume is on, no Hard. Acc., cleared cache.

DeletedUser

Have you tried with Hardware Acceleration off? Also, have you tried clearing your cache?

I can try to turn it off, but there are some friends of mine that with accel on has no issues getting in GvG map! Going to try now!

Edited;

Not working either...

As you see by the presence of the windmill's paddles, accl is off and I still can't get in GvG map!

http://i61.tinypic.com/2qdsveu.jpg

I'll try under Linux when I get home!

DeletedUser97969

just do not like the fact that the attack is limited to 90% while the protection is no limit, I propose to reduce the the defense and increase the the attack :)

I no longer to fight in the modern era because losing 2-4 units in combat and my attack is 90% :(

DeletedUser

Would had tried that, but...: http://i.imgur.com/mNwYU5g.png (Opera).

That may need a ticket raising to support to inform them that the sound, music, volume, settings and full screen buttons are missing in Opera. However, first could you check whether refreshing works, if they reappear when you've cleared your browser cache, and if changing to another browser (such as Chrome or Internet Explorer) resolves the issue. Also could you clarify whether the buttons went missing after the update or whether they have always been missing in Opera.

Edit: I've just tried opening FOE in Opera and have got all the relevant buttons available.

DeletedUser

Cleared cache, flushed dns, etc. the same thing. Actually happened after 1.25, i learned to roll with the punches, so didn't gave it to much attention since it didn't affected me that much, and after 1.26 lost the music of the game. It is the last thing that i'll do about this, as i see it done enough on my part about the issue and ways of trying to fix it.

DeletedUser99982

Has anyone else had the animations of other cities turned on despite not selecting it?

I'm running the harware acceleration mode and if I go into another city I get their animations but in settings if I click it off and on again and refresh nothing changes. It's going to slow the game down completely if it's on. I'd even prefer to be able to shut my own animations off but there isn't an option for that.

DeletedUser2989

Has anyone else had the animations of other cities turned on despite not selecting it?

I'm running the harware acceleration mode and if I go into another city I get their animations but in settings if I click it off and on again and refresh nothing changes. It's going to slow the game down completely if it's on. I'd even prefer to be able to shut my own animations off but there isn't an option for that.

I had the same thing, I went into options and turned Hardware Acceleration off (it automatically toggled on recently for some reason) and the animations in other people's towns went away. I'm not sure why but Hardware Acceleration seems to also toggle on animations in other people's towns even if you have told it not to.

DeletedUser

This is a known issue with the Hardware Acceleration feature at the current time, as per the 1.25 update:

The feature can still cause problems on computers with old or uncommon graphics cards (city not being shown or the performance might be very slow), in which case the player should disable the setting. Please be aware that most of animations will not work with the new engine yet. It is known and does not need to be reported.

As stated above, if the feature is causing problems with the animations and performance it is best to turn it off again.