• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Discussion thread - Update to 1.26

DeletedUser100341

Seems like much ado about nothing regarding accidentally turning on the HW acc. switch.

DeletedUser5180

I note that they have just appealed for more moderators. The cynic in me has to assume that they are losing moderators because they find they are not spending their time helping players but rather acting as an unpaid PR for Inno explaining how everything is wonderful.

i am in no way being disrespectful to any Mod past or present but i think Graham has hit the nail on the head here. The mods do a great job with advice, especially to newer players to the game and usually provide in depth answers to their questions which must be applauded

HOWEVER i do notice an awful lot of the posts from Mods are in a defensive role (for INNO), often defending what many would say is indefensible

i think the answer to this is ..............when questions are asked repeatedly a Mod then passes this to an INNO rep from their development team who spends a couple of hrs a day EVERY DAY answering those questions which is then posted back by the Mod. If the Mods have nothing to pass on (yes, i doubt that also) then the rep spends that couple of hrs perusing the forum and answers anything they can in person.......this also gives the devs immediate feedback on players thoughts, ideas and criticism.

this will take the heat off the Mod team as atm they get all the hassle and end up like the support team just trotting out the same lines over and over as they don't actually have the answers.

This really is quite simply good PR and would create a far better relationship between players and INNO

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Seems like much ado about nothing regarding accidentally turning on the HW acc. switch.

Of course it wasn't. For many players the game became almost unplayable because of this. Many players found out about it from support (having raised a ticket), by reading the forums, or by word of mouth in chat etc.

A message upon login (like the moderators wanted message), stating the HW Acc was turned on accidentally in the 1.26 update, and instructions to turn it off if it was impacting game performance, would have been a sensible thing to do. It would reach the entire player base in one go (even those who don't use the forums) and save a lot of time for the support team in not having to deal with so many tickets regarding impacted performance since the 1.26 update.

:)

DeletedUser100341

Was I imagining things? I thought if you were going to sell a building a dialog would hoover over it with the amount you would get if you sold it. That doesn't happen any more.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Nope...it's true, not your imagination. You get credited with the coins/supplies. It's only a visual bug.

DeletedUser100341

Nope...it's true, not your imagination. You get credited with the coins/supplies. It's only a visual bug.

Except before I would use the amount of the sale to supplement my existing quantities to place a new building. Now I have to have the full amount before I sell so I don't come up short.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I don't understand you. All that is wrong it that it doesn't show you what you'll get back - you still get it back though...

DeletedUser100341

I don't understand you. All that is wrong it that it doesn't show you what you'll get back - you still get it back though...

Lets say I have 200 coins but need 300 to place a building. If I get back 100 coins by selling a building I can go ahead sell and build right away. If I only get 90 back I wait until I have 210 or more. Now if I don't know how much I get back by selling a building I have to wait until I have 300 coins so I can be assured I can build it right away.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Ah...I think the refund works out at 1/3 of the original cost.... don't quote me on that so to speak... try it out on a cheap house to test :)

DeletedUser7719

It's at least 1/4 (most Bronze/Stone Age buildings give you a bit more back for your buck) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser98465

The release of Hardware Acceleration did mention that if your computer can't handle it to switch it off. So really they are considering those without high quality computers.....

I would like to say that it was a valid argument for that statement to be made, but it isn't. This is a flash based game, it's hardly cutting edge graphics. Yes there will be a few people running machines with some relatively old graphics cards, or even more likely inbuilt graphics, but when I'm running an overclocked i5 3.2Ghz, 16Gb RAM and an Nvidia GTX660 TI and I have to turn if off, it does raise an eyebrow as to what is going on.....

I'm pretty sure that If I can run some pretty graphic intensive games, I can run this without having to turn it off....

I refer the honorable gentleman and Inno to my previous commentary over performance, not that anyone would listen to us customers, I mean what do we know. :)

DeletedUser2989

Well to that I'd say, the feature isn't working properly. :)

Once it is working properly I'd say that people like you (and me as my build is also decent but I still switch off HA) will be able to switch it on and see a increase in performance (or not if your machine handles the game really well as it is). HA is not really intended to boost only the highest end machines but aimed more at the mid range ones, the ones where the processor might find it hard to keep up in the higher ages (with all the additional effects and movement) that have a half decent graphics card that can share the load. There would be no harm in turning it on if your machine is already "over qualified" to play the game but until they get it fully functional (as it's currently a reduction in performance with all the bugs) I know I'm not touching it. :)

DeletedUser

Its probably a downward motion to 25%, it was a mod that told me it was 40%.

I think it may depend on the building being sold. I sold a fountain, which cost 340 supplies and 140 coins to build, and got 90 supplies and 40 coins back. I built and then sold a stilt hut - cost 60 supplies to build and got 20 supplies back. I'm not checking lots of buildings at this time of night, but I don't think it's the same percentage each time.

DeletedUser98465

I think it may depend on the building being sold. I sold a fountain, which cost 340 supplies and 140 coins to build, and got 90 supplies and 40 coins back. I built and then sold a stilt hut - cost 60 supplies to build and got 20 supplies back. I'm not checking lots of buildings, but I don't think it's the same percentage each time.

Think we might be talking at cross purposes, i thought he was referring to the 40% complete comment I made a few posts back, but I get what graham meant now, although people really need to quote who they are answering ;)

DeletedUser100341

Was I imagining things? I thought if you were going to sell a building a dialog would hoover over it with the amount you would get if you sold it. That doesn't happen any more.

I just hope they bring it back in the next update.