• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Discussion thread - Update to 1.25

DeletedUser96901

Firstly thank you to the devs for recognising and addressing the issue of city space, however the additional space is for 3 eras (not 3 more ages), Progressive Era, Modern Era
all current expansions including Modern Era fits in the current city size

in the new space you can put 4 ages (postmodern era + 3 more)

The original city size (400 tiles x 400 tiles) was set when the game was to run from the Stone Age through to the Industrial Age.
where did you get this false information:
when the original city size was set the game ended at the late middle age (April 2012)

With respect to using the new area, there are some that will be able to avail themselves of the new space after the update on Wednesday by spending diamonds, others will use medals, others with saved expansions will use those and also those players who have not finished all of ME can start expanding their cities in new directions.
if they have used all the current available space the won't have expansions to put in next Wednesday

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

And also note that the size was 40x40. 400x400 could fit 40 Alcatraz's in one column ;)

DeletedUser

Btw one question: is the Hardware Acceleration still going to have the "Beta" title under it on this server?

Hardware acceleration
The Hardware acceleration feature utilizes your graphics card to display your city, instead of your processor. This should result in a performance boost on most of modern machines. In the last weeks we worked hard on improving this feature.
The feature can still cause problems on computers with old or uncommon graphics cards (city not being shown or the performance might be very slow), in which case the player should disable the setting. Please be aware that most of animations will not work with the new engine yet. It is known and does not need to be reported.

This is an optional feature.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

@ byeordie ..... Thanks for the far more constructive reply to what I had to say.

@ Test Ament ..... To me it's pretty obvious though why it is that most people don't want anything to do with Beta of for that matter Beta Forums which is a very sad state of affairs. FYI on the subject of suggestions, I have used the suggestions method in the past and have found it to be overly and unnecessarily complex as well as being just a dismissive as you have been. In future I will keep myself and my ideas to myself I think and avoid some of the comments of the same ilk as yours have been. (and yes I know you have nothing to do with the development side of the Game)

Signing out

SHELOB

DeletedUser4879

It is very well known that it is very hard to please everybody all the time!!
After tons of complaints about the luck of space, now that Inno gives out
lots of it, it seems to be to much!! Some people making me laugh...
I think this update is tops and looking forward to the next one!!:D

DeletedUser15432

There is a saying

"You can please some of the people all the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can not please all of the people all of the time"

I think this applies here, I am quite glad for additional space although not ready for using it yet even on my best world, however, does this mean the the next batch of buildings will be even bigger

DeletedUser1081

There is a saying

"You can please some of the people all the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can not please all of the people all of the time"

Actually the statement (made by Abraham Lincoln) is: "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and you can fool all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time."

DeletedUser

That didn't really answer my question. I was wondering is this is being removed from the title:

I think we will find out on Wednesday if the title has changed or if it is being left the same for the time being. Beta could refer to the relative state of the hardware accelerator as something that also needs testing on the live servers to see how useful it is for a large amount of players, and that may be improved until it no longer requires that title.

DeletedUser12086

The Beta tag behind the hardware acceleration feature setting will remain, as it is not yet fully complete (animations are still missing). While it has been tested over on the Beta server for some time, there could be issues that become apparent only when you have a great many players using it. So, it'll stay for the time being :)

DeletedUser

The Beta tag behind the hardware acceleration feature setting will remain, as it is not yet fully complete (animations are still missing). While it has been tested over on the Beta server for some time, there could be issues that become apparent only when you have a great many players using it. So, it'll stay for the time being :)

Or maybe slightly before Wednesday. Thank you Countess. :)

DeletedUser6065

. . . IMO, this is to test the coding of the new space available, so there won't be any sort of bugs when the PME is released, and the players with no current space to place new expansions won't run into any bugs.
Good one . . . mk

DeletedUser7719

Thanks a bunch Countess!

DeletedUser14881

I have two questions regarding the Hardware Acceleration feature.

1) For those playing in more than one PC with different specs, some better than others (i.e. with or without VGA), will the game crash, be unable to load or require the feature to be enabled/disabled all the time, accordingly to the limitations of current players' computer?

2) Is there a minimum spec for the feature to be enabled? I.e. GTX 660 Ti (
4YsZCdU.png
) or up?

DeletedUser7719

1) For those playing in more than one PC with different specs, some better than others (i.e. with or without VGA), will the game crash, be unable to load or require the feature to be enabled/disabled all the time, accordingly to the limitations of current players' computer?
Possible issues from using it would be:
Old computer or graphics card might result in the city not being shown or the performance might be very slow, in which case the player should disable the setting.

Not sure about the second question though

DeletedUser

2) Is there a minimum spec for the feature to be enabled? I.e. GTX 660 Ti (
4YsZCdU.png
) or up?

The announcement does not give minimum specs, but states that there may be problems with old or uncommon graphics cards, so either the graphics card will handle it, or it won't. You can always disable it if it doesn't work.

DeletedUser7719

Hardware acceleration should result in a performance boost, so yes it should. By how much matters on your graphic card ;)

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
No Hardware acceleration option in my settings after the update. 10/10 for consistency in 'bugdates' there ;)