• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Discussion for update 1.23

DeletedUser15432

Regarding the Atomium, there is not another great building currently in the game that gives the quantity of goods per level - at level 1 you get 6 of each of the current ages goods donated directly to the treasury - that is 30 goods, what other great building gives you that quantity of goods per day, and level 10 would be a minimum of 15 of each hood for a minimum total of 75 per day, I do not think there is any other great building that gives this type of reward

Just converting the goods into coins and supplies based on colonial, this would be the equivalent of 14400 coin and 14400 supplies per day or 96 game points which is somewhat better than the atomium gives with its massive coins boost

DeletedUser6514

Why is Atomium so bad? Sure, it's better than SN, but it's still horrible. I would rather build a Frau 3 ages back and get better benefits, including more happiness per square relative to level, and significantly more goods per day. Say whatever you would like about Atomium being immune to the dumb Refined Goods Rule, I would rather get goods delivered to me and then I decide to pay guild dividends. Don't decide where MY goods are going for me. I am the boss of my own city, especially when the building in question is as big as the town hall.

I would be only fine with the observatory, because it's only 9 squares and it's SPECIFICALLY designed to be a guild support building.

Horrible? Really...for the people that don't like the bonuses that's fine but to go as far as saying it's horrible is just a joke. The Atomium is CLEARLY a GB for GvG. So naturally the main bonus is for that. And as far as value goes, it's really good in my opinion. If forgestats is correct, then the max values are 8,000 happiness and 20 of each good per day. Will it take a long time to get to level 10? Sure depending on how much effort you put into getting it maxed but once it does, that's 100 goods per day for your guild treasury. Which would take at minimum 3 goods buildings to make everyday if you wanted to donate that many.

Is this building for everyone? Clearly not and it's not meant to be but for those who are in guilds that into GvG, then it's a great investment for your town.

Surge

Brigadier-General
depending on how much effort you put into getting it maxed but once it does, that's 100 goods per day for your guild treasury. Which would take at minimum 3 goods buildings to make everyday if you wanted to donate that many.

20 of each? Hmm, it seems I hadn't read the fine print. My mistake, thanks for pointing that out. I would still classify the Observatory to be much more efficient even though it produces half of what Atomium makes at base level, and gives a support pool bonus. That doesn't change the fact that it needs a happiness buff. At level 10, it has 190 hp/sq, compared to Frau's 196 hp/sq even though it goes three ages back. Even if one may say that Am has a good enough happiness buff, it can't be argued that SN needs a buff. I simply personally am disappointed in ME's line-up of GB's. I very much liked the originality of PE's buildings, especially the quest bonus from CF (even though I don't own one myself) and the troops production of Az.

Well, thanks again for pointing out that it's x of each good, not just of a random good of your age. That changes things quite significantly.

DeletedUser6514

20 of each? Hmm, it seems I hadn't read the fine print. My mistake, thanks for pointing that out. I would still classify the Observatory to be much more efficient even though it produces half of what Atomium makes at base level, and gives a support pool bonus. That doesn't change the fact that it needs a happiness buff. At level 10, it has 190 hp/sq, compared to Frau's 196 hp/sq even though it goes three ages back. Even if one may say that Am has a good enough happiness buff, it can't be argued that SN needs a buff. I simply personally am disappointed in ME's line-up of GB's. I very much liked the originality of PE's buildings, especially the quest bonus from CF (even though I don't own one myself) and the troops production of Az.

Well, thanks again for pointing out that it's x of each good, not just of a random good of your age. That changes things quite significantly.

At some point you can't worry too much about the hp/sq and efficiency of everything. In my opinion it's much more valuable than a Dresden. If you only want goods for yourself then a Dresden is better, but at max gives you 17 PE or 34 CA goods. As stated the Atomium gives a lot more. If you're still worried about happiness per sq and you have the means to build an Atomium, you're doing something wrong in your town :p

And I agree the PE great buildings were much better but this Atomium is definitely not one to be missed if GvG is important to you or your guild.