• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Discussion for Easter Event

DeletedUser1081

Max is 75% for HQ
Max is 50% for all sectors Connected to HQ (Unconnected get 0%)
Just for those that don't actually know :)

Thanks, TomTom, for demonstrating that it's now too complicated to keep up with. :rolleyes:
Thanks, Slygoxx, for posting the current figures, just for those that don't actually know it's been changed from the simpler way it was before.

Normal sectorsHeadquarter
Iron Age0%25%
Early Middle Ages10%35%
High Middle Ages20%45%
Late Middle Ages30%55%
Colonial Era40%65%
Industrial Age and above50%75%

<tbody>

They really should calculate/display the support pool for us, and then display the results for a given guild in each sector the guild is GvGing in.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Are we not supposed to make informed decisions on information available ?

Not sure - if mink's quote below is anything to go by, the answer is no!

Thanks, TomTom, for demonstrating that it's now too complicated to keep up with. :rolleyes:

It may be that you could work out all the information, but by the time you have it all for your guild, it's too late to act on it.... However, since when do people make informed decisions in war? That might be the point.

DeletedUser8813

.. However, since when do people make informed decisions in war? That might be the point.

i cant believe you said this. battles are won by the side that makes the best informed decisions..wars are not won by reckless reckoning or uninformed guesses...

DeletedUser

i cant believe you said this. battles are won by the side that makes the best informed decisions..wars are not won by reckless reckoning or uninformed guesses...

In the heat of battle, things don't always go to plan, even with the best-laid strategies and as much information as you can gather. Yes some things can be planned, but sometimes all you have is the best uninformed guess and hopefully the experience to make the right choice based on that.

However, this seems to be a diversion into war and GvG, etc. Probably better in another thread. :D

DeletedUser100341

Day 4 at 1150 of 1860 with 106 in the basket. Got a wishing well for the gold chest. I was sweating it.

End of day 6 at 1150 of 1860. Received 262 eggs from questline, 125 from bronze chest, spent 445 for prizes and have 258 in the basket. That means I've received 216 eggs from people hiding in my city. Which mean an average of 36 eggs per day from hiding action.

8 days to go which means I can place about 160 eggs, 20/day (no rest for the wicked). And have to place 168 to complete the quest, from which I'll receive 340 eggs. So 8*36 = 288+340+258 = 886. I don't think I can get the Shrine by buying everything. Dumb luck.

PS I made a mistake we've been going for 6 days not 5.

DeletedUser14664

i just wont go for the shrine. it's just 1 fp a day, sure in the long run its good, but i have to get 3 useless (for me) buildings - log cabin, renovation kit and champions retreat. i'll just go for the 300 chests and hope to get lucky, so far from 2 chests - 2 rogue buildings. my girlfriend allready got a shrine from her 2ND chest

DeletedUser15432

Well it us just past 8pm British summer time on day 6 and I am either 14 eggs from the end of the 9th quest (maximum) or 16 eggs into the 10th quests (minimum) leaving between 128 and 98 eggs left to hide for all the quests leaving an average hide per day of between 13 and 16 eggs

Best all out performance (17 bp's (340 eggs) 2 silver chests (300 eggs) 2 bronze chests (70 eggs) 4 cornucopia (100 eggs) gold chest (300 eggs) log hut (100 eggs) renovation kit (350 eggs) stock 189 eggs) = 1749 eggs received

Still to get watchfire (50) wishing well (500) champion (30) and champions retreat (300) = 880 - actual eggs needed 691 of which 250 come from the quest line so I should be able to achieve all the prizes on one world at least leaving 441 to be received = 55 per day

DeletedUser

Well, I'm not getting a collector's reward in any world, and I doubt I'm finishing the questline either. :D

Now that is clear, I can spend my remaining eggs on what looks useful rather than trying to get elusive prizes.

Thank you to Pzkpfwv1d for posting - I wouldn't have taken stock of where I am without your post. :)

DeletedUser100341

Well it us just past 8pm British summer time on day 6 and I am either 14 eggs from the end of the 9th quest (maximum) or 16 eggs into the 10th quests (minimum) leaving between 128 and 98 eggs left to hide for all the quests leaving an average hide per day of between 13 and 16 eggs

Best all out performance (17 bp's (340 eggs) 2 silver chests (300 eggs) 2 bronze chests (70 eggs) 4 cornucopia (100 eggs) gold chest (300 eggs) log hut (100 eggs) renovation kit (350 eggs) stock 189 eggs) = 1749 eggs received

Still to get watchfire (50) wishing well (500) champion (30) and champions retreat (300) = 880 - actual eggs needed 691 of which 250 come from the quest line so I should be able to achieve all the prizes on one world at least leaving 441 to be received = 55 per day

@Pzkpfwv1d your very lucky. It seems you've been getting some good size eggs. Most of mine are 1s and less frequently 5s. Some 20s no 50s so far.

DeletedUser5399

Does anyone know what the last quest is and/or how many more quests I have before the final hiding quest?

In both of my 'worlds', I'm at the "Hide 33 Eggs in other players' cities" quest, with a reward of 65 Eggs when completed. I'm far from the required amount for getting the Collection Reward.

I've been saving all my Eggs, except I bought the Watchfire and one Observatory Blueprint. The rest of my Eggs I'm still sitting on and have 584 in my Colonial Age World and 402 in my Early Middle Ages World.

Where am I in this event? How many more quests to hide eggs remain for me. Can anyone help please? Thanks. :)

DeletedUser7719

EASTER EVENT QUEST LIST

1) Hide 1 Easter Egg in other player's cities. Reward 2 Easter Eggs and 1 Hiding action package (6)
2) Hide 7 Easter Eggs in other player's cities. Reward 15 Easter Eggs
3) Hide 12 Easter Eggs in other player's cities. Reward 20 Easter Eggs
4) Hide 14 Easter Eggs in other player's cities. Reward 30 Easter Eggs
5) Hide 17 Easter Eggs in other player's cities. Reward 35 Easter Eggs
6) Hide 22 Easter Eggs in other player's cities. Reward 45 Easter Eggs
7) Hide 26 Easter Eggs in other player's cities. Reward 50 Easter Eggs
8) Hide 33 Easter Eggs in other player's cities. Reward 65 Easter Eggs
9) Hide 44 Easter Eggs in other player's cities. Reward 90 Easter Eggs
10) Hide 55 Easter Eggs in other player's cities. Reward 110 Easter Eggs & Portrait Marilyn
11) Hide 69 Easter Eggs in other player's cities. Reward 140 Easter Eggs & Portrait Elvis
*if you already had Marilyn you will get Betty (Grable?) and if you have Elvis you will get Hugh Hefner
That is the end of the Quests

This was posted by our guild founder and I thought that everyone should know
Hope that helps!

DeletedUser100341

End of day 6 at 1150 of 1860. Received 262 eggs from questline, 125 from bronze chest, spent 445 for prizes and have 258 in the basket. That means I've received 216 eggs from people hiding in my city. Which mean an average of 36 eggs per day from hiding action.

8 days to go which means I can place about 160 eggs, 20/day (no rest for the wicked). And have to place 168 to complete the quest, from which I'll receive 340 eggs. So 8*36 = 288+340+258 = 886. I don't think I can get the Shrine by buying everything. Dumb luck.

PS I made a mistake we've been going for 6 days not 5.

End of day 7 not much change but basket has 315 so I gained 57 eggs. It was a good day.

DeletedUser

Roughly half-way through the event and I've hidden about 100 eggs on each of my worlds, due to time constraints for being online. I've also collected between 400 and 700 eggs so far. I know I'm not going to finish the questline (unless a miracle happens) and I'm not going for the collector's reward. I'm fairly happy with the prizes I've managed to get from the eggs so far, and hope to get a few more things from the various chests.

To sum up the event so far, I'm not disappointed that I can't get the questline completed or that I won't get the collector's reward. I'm fairly happy that I've managed to distribute eggs relatively equally between the people I am 'egging' and I think I've probably been given a fair amount of eggs in return.

However, I have found the questline rather disappointing: I find it quite passive and without much challenge. I feel that I'm not so much earning eggs as waiting for them to arrive and I can't do a great deal to actively earn them. It is somewhat dependent on people being able to be online at intervals during the day in order to use 6 hiding actions and then accumulate more. I would have preferred a greater variety of challenges, rather than just hiding an ever-increasing number of eggs. I'm not sure how easy it would be to achieve such a questline without splitting it into Ages (for example), but it would be good to have a variety of quests that includes actions such as trading, motivating/polishing a certain number of people, building a new building, completing a research, conquering a province, etc.

From the point of view of collecting eggs, again this is very passive; mainly waiting for eggs to be hidden by other people. It would be nice if goods, coins or supplies (probably not all three) could be converted into eggs so that we could do a bit more active egg-making.

Other than that, I have enjoyed the Easter Event so far.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
However, I have found the questline rather disappointing: I find it quite passive and without much challenge.

I have to agree. I've not played since PvP was ruined by the GB nerfs, but I thought I'd give the Easter quest a go and pass on a few eggs to my old guildmates. It's a bit of a plod though, isn't it?

Nice try with the prizes, but I'm not interested in them much, especially the GvG GB as I don't play GvG.

Now that PvP is all but dead, the watchfires aren't that much use either so I'll probably get myself a couple more wishing wells as they give out generally useful stuff. Any left over eggs will go on watchfires in case someone decides to have a go at me (just one this week so far - pathetic isn't it!).

DeletedUser100341

However, I have found the questline rather disappointing:

+1 I totally agree. The total number of eggs to be place could have been reduces and then the cost for prizes and with some of the quest have the reward a hiding package. I couldn't tell you why but I get more eggs than I can hand out. Or maybe some era goods. Or a random from some of the cheaper prizes. Gosh so many ideas and so easy to think up. The 6 egg queue is also a pain.

DeletedUser914

The 6 egg queue is not a pain at all: with my newspaper neigbourhood I do 2 small sleeps a day, only thing you have to do is set your alarmclock at 04.15 like me :o

DeletedUser

The 6 egg queue is not a pain at all: with my newspaper neigbourhood I do 2 small sleeps a day, only thing you have to do is set your alarmclock at 04.15 like me :o

Yes, although some of us prefer to get a full night's sleep....