• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Discussion - 1.13 and new army management

DeletedUser9168

Change to Polishing and Motivating caused by most recent update?

they may not have done anything to the army management screen, but has anyone else noticed that, since the update, when you trawl round a city looking for items to polish or motivate, your selection of P or M keeps dropping out?
I know previously it was possible to accidentally p or m the wrong item occasionally whilst moving round the city with a 'live' cursor, but i'm finding it really irritating to keep going back to the selection boxes to re-select P or M after moving a bit round the screen. the first few times i ignored it, but after polishing cities in 5 worlds it is happening so frequently that i have to presume that the new action is a result of yesterday's update. (if it is only happening to me - let me know so i can post a ticket, please)

DeletedUser

they may not have done anything to the army management screen, but has anyone else noticed that, since the update, when you trawl round a city looking for items to polish or motivate, your selection of P or M keeps dropping out?
I know previously it was possible to accidentally p or m the wrong item occasionally whilst moving round the city with a 'live' cursor, but i'm finding it really irritating to keep going back to the selection boxes to re-select P or M after moving a bit round the screen. the first few times i ignored it, but after polishing cities in 5 worlds it is happening so frequently that i have to presume that the new action is a result of yesterday's update. (if it is only happening to me - let me know so i can post a ticket, please)
No, this happens to me also (on EN7 & EN4)

DeletedUser6065

@ jampots: I play all 8. 80+ movish in each. Can't duplicate. Sorry . . . . . mk

DeletedUser9168

thanks for the feedback guys - hmmm - so the question is, to ticket, or not to ticket.......

DeletedUser7719

Getting the same problem here as well, but not as annoying since I only worry about one world ;)

Amy Steele

General
Hi folks - this seems to be a variant of a confirmed issue where if you minimise the actions window while in someone else's city you are unable to perform any actions.

Jampots, Basherz and byeordie - if you could check next time you p/m someone and please raise a ticket if your situation does not correspond with the above.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3157

Today still old army screen. First time ever I'm really happy for un update delay, I managed to do a normal quick PvP round one more time!

DeletedUser9168

Hi folks - this seems to be a variant of a confirmed issue where if you minimise the actions window while in someone else's city you are unable to perform any actions.

Jampots, Basherz and byeordie - if you could check next time you p/m someone and please raise a ticket if your situation does not correspond with the above.

no, no Amy, this is a very different issue. I will raise a ticket (several other guild members have had same happening to them)

edit - ticket raised and being looked into.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hi All,

can some one advise on when guild wars and the update is coming to grefental

Guild wars is coming but still being tested out on beta so far as I know, I don't think there is a set date for release as such, best estimate is in the next few weeks hopefully :-) or sooner if we are lucky hehe, kim.

DeletedUser7719

I think it's still going to take at least one and a half months. People testing on the beta is only getting the general idea of how it works.

woody432

Private
Guild wars is coming but still being tested out on beta so far as I know, I don't think there is a set date for release as such, best estimate is in the next few weeks hopefully :-) or sooner if we are lucky hehe, kim.

thankyou for the quick response

DeletedUser97590

I think it's still going to take at least one and a half months. People testing on the beta is only getting the general idea of how it works.

I would be surprised if GvG is released around the same time with the Christmas quests. My guess is it will be at the beginning of next year. It is the only timing that would make sense from a marketing POV.

DeletedUser96901

I would be surprised if GvG is released before the easter event :rolleyes:
my guess will be 2nd quarter 2014

artillery get owned by fast, i've never won a battle with 8 artillery against 8 fast

every unit has it weaknesses against some other units

you sure also never have won a fight with
8 snipers against 8 tanks
or 8 conscripts against 8 snipers
or ...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16026

I would be surprised if GvG is released before the easter event :rolleyes:
my guess will be 2nd quarter 2014

I don't think we'll have to wait -that- much. While it will obviously go through a long testing period in the beta server, I doubt they'll wait several more months to get it here. They're working extensively on it, and the reason it is on the open beta server is likely because they want to iron it out for the main servers faster. Inno does have closed testing servers for their games, if they were nowhere near ready, they would not bring it to an open testing server.

It is known that a large group of players have completed both the map and the tech tree, they need something to keep them entertained and just the addition of a new age would not do the trick (at least not on a long-term basis) because many from that group will also flash-forward through the age, whether with saved forge point packages or with diamonds. They need something bigger and that will keep people entertained for a longer while, something like GvG, which I guess is why they're working hard on GvG right now.

DeletedUser

I like the new Army Management, thank you Inno.

However, it is extremely difficult to find my attatched units. The tool tip is very slow to appear. A simple small icon or colored dot on the unit icon to notate that the unit is unattached would be great. This is going to be rough fighting through 80 PvP battles a day when i'm having to spend a couple minutes each time trying to locate and use just my attached units when possible.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I totally agree with ohcrapitsalex....it takes nearly a second for the tool tip to appear and so searching for 24 attached Tanks from an inventory of 80+ Tanks is very time consuming and irritating.

Another backward step is the amount of mouse clicks required to select 8 units..8

Peviously, double-clicking on a unit type would highlight 8 of the same and then 1 more click on the menu would move all 8 into the attack window..much simpler and more efficient

DeletedUser

yeah they say GvG is still in alpha stage, so I think it will be a while before it gets here

DeletedUser15432

I totally agree with ohcrapitsalex....it takes nearly a second for the tool tip to appear and so searching for 24 attached Tanks from an inventory of 80+ Tanks is very time consuming and irritating.

Another backward step is the amount of mouse clicks required to select 8 units..8

Peviously, double-clicking on a unit type would highlight 8 of the same and then 1 more click on the menu would move all 8 into the attack window..much simpler and more efficient

That option does appear to have gone by the way, however, sometime it would kick in automatically with a single click as well, and then you would have to de-select the units you did not want