• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Discussion - 1.13 and new army management

DeletedUser97590

This is not a new feature. The Countess was explaining for a previous post, where someone asked if we'll be seeing the defending armies for our neighbors from now on. That was confirmation that we won't, that part remains the same (we'll only see the defending armies of sectors).

Thnaks, I got it now. I misunderstood that one. My bad.

DeletedUser11899

Good adjustments on long range units, specially for PE artillery (tanks were too powerful)

DeletedUser5514

But it really doesnt make sense... either i, as a unit, am attacking a city and therefore im not in my own city to defend it, or im on my city to defend it and therefore i wont be attacking other cities.

The previous system was as you describe... if I understand correctly, the new system allows a unit to be used in both attack and defense simultaneously. So if you are attacked by a player while you yourself are fighting a battle, the potential now exists for the same unit to be fighting both defensively and offensively at the same time.

DeletedUser5514

But why change it to make even less realistic? Its a game but lets face it... it simply doesnt make sense to make such a change.

It also makes no since how your defensive army is fully healed after they go through consecutive battles. It's a game; it's not easy to make everything realistic ;)

DeletedUser16026

I'm not sure why it's seen as an issue, it actually makes things more convenient for the player. Say you need 1 or 2 of your units under your defending army, a specific type, and it's just for one single battle on the map or against a player, so for that minute (or a few minutes) you'd need to replace your defense in case you're attacked in the meantime. But, with this change, you can avoid that. Keep the same defense, and don't bother with fixing up the defense just for a single fight.

It might not be realistic, but it also wouldn't happen that often and when it would, it'd be convenient. I honestly doubt someone's going to go through a whole hood with their defense units. It would likely be using a unit or two from there that you need for specific battles.

DeletedUser

I've recently been hitting pvp hard and one thing to come of it is the annoyance of units being attached to specific buildings. I have 6 of the same military building and all too often 2 units attached to one building die (for example) and I end up with 5 idle buildings and one building constructing a unit with another outstanding after that. Can there not be a way to use all your building capacity to replenish units?

One idea I had was each building adds to the cap based on it's upgrade like current, but the build time for a unit is divided by the number of buildings you have. However you can only build one unit of that building type at a time (site wide). So if you have 4 buildings a unit takes 1hr to build instead of 4 but you can only build 1 at a time across all buildings.

DeletedUser15432

This is a very hood point ListerOsmeg, I hit PvP hard a lot and I come across this situation all the time, I have 5 and 4 pf military buildings and it generally does it once per day

DeletedUser6872

Nooooo, don't reduce the att of the artillery!!! Innogames, what have u done?! :'(

DeletedUser6872

still don't like it. i always use them against ranged and light melee too, which will be harder now...

DeletedUser

I would say these changes are a step forward for the most part, but the filter by age was a strange choice over filter by building. That has probably been the #1 complaint regarding this screen since I have been playing. Oh well, I hope they are still wanting to do this, but I think the decision to make defenders blue will make the solution I saw Anwar suggest hard to implement (color coding). I guess you could just assign numbers based on order each barracks was built in.

DeletedUser7719

The filter for age is actually for Guild Wars (not saying this wasn't listening to our opinions... :p)

DeletedUser

1.13 seems to be up. But the old army management page is still there.

DeletedUser16026

There's an announcement that it's been delayed due to a bug in the feature. They're working on it to add it as soon as possible, but it won't be today.

DeletedUser15432

still don't like it. i always use them against ranged and light melee too, which will be harder now...
Somebody after my own heart, what world are you operating on Doomdigger, by the way they work just as well against fast

DeletedUser6872

artillery get owned by fast, i've never won a battle with 8 artillery against 8 fast