• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Diamond prices increased by 22% to 34% on 30th Jan

DeletedUser653

INNO posted yesterday a price increase in diamonds which was a 22% to 34% increase. Where is the justification for such a massive increase in costs and because of this I will not spend any more in buying diamonds

We would like to inform you that today January 30th 2017 the prices of Diamonds and Packages will be adjusted for our game, Forge of Empires, when making purchases in Great British Pounds (GBP).

Please see detailed list of changes below:
Diamonds Price before Price after INCREASE
250 ..... 3.99 .... 4.99 = 25%
650 ..... 7.99 .... 9.99 = 25%
1700 ... 14.99 .. 19.99 = 34%
5800 ... 39.99 .. 48.99 =23%
11000 .. 59.99 .. 74.99 =25%
Package Price before Price after
Army Pack 2.99 3.99
Research Pack 4.49 5.99
Building Pack 4.49 5.99

If inno actually invested in the PC game and improved the problems
ie in this thread: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/when-are-inno-going-to-fix-the-game.32960/
then all well and good but INNO have stated that they will concentrate on mobile solutions and thus are treating the PC players as cash cows. This price increase is not justified except to maximise cash income before INNO do their latest IPO (selling off of INNO shares).

DeletedUser

I especially liked how there was no advance warning given of the price increase, couldn't have folks actually buying diamonds cheaper beforehand now, could they?
The pound has been pretty weak against the Euro in the last few months, so in some respects, I get it. However, it still feels like gouging considering the money that Inno has been making...

DeletedUser653

The £ to euro exchange rate does not account for these large increases.

the £ to euro stood as high as 1.319 twice in last 12 months - on 2nd feb 2016 and 23rd June, today its 1.175 and this is a 11% decrease in the strength of the pound. you can see on the XE website yearly exchange rate chart here http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=EUR&view=1Y

so why are increases from 22% to 34% needed unless its to maximise short term profits a few months before the INNO IPO

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
then all well and good but INNO have stated that they will concentrate on mobile solutions and thus are treating the PC players as cash cows. This price increase is not justified except to maximise cash income before INNO do their latest IPO (selling off of INNO shares).

Mobile users are even worse off, they are already charged the same prices for less diamonds than pc users.

DeletedUser100956

Thats just down right sneaky. Not even a warning! I wonder how many have been caught out by this increase. SHAME ON YOU INNO!!

DeletedUser4195

No notice and no real reason why such huge increases. Exchange rate is just a red herring. It costs Inno no more to 'produce' a diamond today than it did in January. After all these aren't a manufactured product where there might genuinely be a change in material costs. These are virtual products that have no production cost and are of no use outside of the game.

As said above - shame on you Inno!!

PromethiusTM

Corporal
This price increase is completely unwarranted and is out of line for any business especially when they cannot fix the main Lag issues on GvG for yrs so i am now Boycotting any Purchases.

DeletedUser109096

wow... that's a YUGE price increase:o I've paid 59.99 for 12k diamonds few years back...but who cares anymore:?

DeletedUser98451

I'll buy again when they fix the game... so my money is safe, at least in this millenium

DeletedUser100065

These claims are all nice and all but we all know they are total rubbish. You'll buy them the same as ever and nothing but the prices will change. This maybe a shock announcement but inno is a company that wants to make money. They know you'll pay the increase and they know they can do it again in a few months time.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Ah, an increase! That's new ;D

Inno never actually listens to their customers. Quantity over quality is their motto. You purchase their diamonds, you're supporting that type of company. Just play all worlds and get a bunch of wishing wells or something. Still slower than getting instant diamonds but hey, it's cheaper. I never found the diamond packages worth their price to begin with...

DeletedUser4906

I never buy diamonds, no need to.
I'm intelligent enough to work out how to play the game without them.
It's only a game of mathematics....
Shalom!

DeletedUser

You would think they would of got the message by now, fix the bloody game first before begging for more money

DeletedUser103795

I noticed the 25% increase, are you sure they are called Inno and not Dick Turpin, I used to purchase a £59.99 pack per month, and was just about to purchase Januarys one, bit late I know, and did not I do not think I will need one this month, I have completely changed the way I play so that I do not use as many as I did, should I need any in the future I will spend no more than 25% less than I used to, so stick that Inno where ever you like, I will also encourage any new member who asks for my help to not buy diamond as well, i am sure that over time the income from this game will in fact go down, and the 25% increase will tiurn into a drop in revenue

DeletedUser97048

The USD has been making leaps and bounds against other currencies the past two years and it's climb continues. But we have no seen Inno decrease the USD price for the Diamonds. Instead, we have to pay much more of our own currency to pay them in USD.