• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Diamond prices increased by 22% to 34% on 30th Jan

DeletedUser109087

I also bought diamonds regularly. not a massive spender, but regular. not any more. since the 25% price rise I have not bought ANY, and will continue to decline any offers to buy diamonds.

DeletedUser110339

INNO posted yesterday a price increase in diamonds which was a 22% to 34% increase. Where is the justification for such a massive increase in costs and because of this I will not spend any more in buying diamonds

We would like to inform you that today January 30th 2017 the prices of Diamonds and Packages will be adjusted for our game, Forge of Empires, when making purchases in Great British Pounds (GBP).

Please see detailed list of changes below:
Diamonds Price before Price after INCREASE
250 ..... 3.99 .... 4.99 = 25%
650 ..... 7.99 .... 9.99 = 25%
1700 ... 14.99 .. 19.99 = 34%
5800 ... 39.99 .. 48.99 =23%
11000 .. 59.99 .. 74.99 =25%
Package Price before Price after
Army Pack 2.99 3.99
Research Pack 4.49 5.99
Building Pack 4.49 5.99

If inno actually invested in the PC game and improved the problems
ie in this thread: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/when-are-inno-going-to-fix-the-game.32960/
then all well and good but INNO have stated that they will concentrate on mobile solutions and thus are treating the PC players as cash cows. This price increase is not justified except to maximise cash income before INNO do their latest IPO (selling off of INNO shares).

EVEN CUBIC ZIRCONIA IS CHEAPER THAN THEIR DIAMONDS! IT RIDICULOUS!

MAYBE A BOYCOTT IS AT HAND?? HELLO PEOPLE!! I PAY TO PLAY AND IM DONE TOO!! THEY DONT EVEN HAVE AN INCENTIVE PLAN FOR PAYING CUSTOMERS!!! I PLAYED A GAME THAT GAVE ME A VIP PLAYER PLAN AND I WOULD GET MORE DIAMONDS EVERYDAY AND STUFF LIKE THAT!! 80 BUCKS FOR FAKE DIAMONDS?? ARE YOU KIDDING??

Last edited by a moderator:

Mandelynn

Corporal
So why buy them at all? An intangible product that's nothing you can claim as yours?
Personally, I'd rather save my money for a house on a lake.

Think....

DeletedUser15986

The problem is that less people are buying diamonds, so the price is raised to maintain income. (Which will reduce sales, no doubt, but might slightly increase income if enough people still buy them.)

The cause of the problem is that Inno have broken several aspects of the game that people enjoyed (The Easter Event, the Summer Wheel, for example), introduced new features that are clearly there as an artificial (and expensive) delaying tactic (Promethium/Orichalcum production) and generally reduced what the game offers overall as people progress. (My most effective military building to increase my attacking bonus per square is still the Strike Center from CE... That was 4 ages ago.)

This has lost the goodwill of the players, reducing diamond sales, and can only be fixed by taking feedback on board far more than they have been doing.

Personally; I occasionally used to buy diamonds for specific uses, but the "Great Nerfing" scandal a few years back put paid to that. No way can I justify spending more money on a game that will suddenly change a core mechanic for high-tier buildings as was done with GBs/Wishing Wells. If Inno are willing to do it to that level, then I absolutely can't trust them not to do it to lower level stuff as well.