• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Defense versus attack bonus

• Thread starter DeletedUser114563
  • Start date

DeletedUser112892

Okay, you know that there are 1,2,3,4,5, GBs that give player advantage in attack (CoA, Zeus, CdM, AO, Kraken, sorry if I missed any)?
You also have building with various sizes that give attack bonus.
1x1 buildings that give bonus to attacking units are just ridiculous.

DeletedUser114563

DarkUros I thought you'd disappeared by now :(
Please stop telling me things I know and are irrelevant to this thread.
How do you know if a 1x1 attack building would look ridiculous if there aren't any ?

DeletedUser112892

Because offense doesn't need to be buffed anymore. We already said, you can beat defense with much bigger bonus.
In offense, you have advantage for one defending enemy unit to be killed at the start of battle with Kraken. There is also Critical Hit chance by AO. There are some buildings that also give bonus in offense (Winners Plaza as example).
For defense you only have two GBs (St. Basil and Deal) and buildings that give additional bonus. Why would we need 1x1 buildings for offense bonus at all?

DeletedUser114563

And the Watchfires are the fugliest object in the game, they should only belong to the Stone Age era :(

Agent327

Overlord
Buddy my discussion is about the lack of attack objects compared to the defense small objects with a lot of % bonuses, so please don't ask questions like

What discussion? You put down a rant on how very wrong the devs were. Never mentioned attack objects. Those you brought in later when others showed you the nonsense you were spouting.

DeletedUser114563

You're right, I have been talking about the Karate Kid film all along since the start, sorry Dude :) LOL

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
if i win against a battle against a neighbour i have earned the right to plunder

are there any other aspects of the game where you think anyone who is doing better than you should be punished for that, or that you think you should have the benefits without working for it ?
'OMG! This is so UNFAIR!!1!!111 Why U have Lv80+ Arcs when I can't has even 1 bp?! I nevr win anything EVER!1!!!
And why is allowed Lv80 Arc in EMA! So STOOPID!! That building should BANNED before it's actual age - whaaaaaaaaaa!

Inno fix this stupid unfair pay-to-win plz, K?!
Thanx,
bye'

...so am I doing it right?! ;)

Emberguard

Legend

If the Devs marketed the game as bullying and stealing rather than war and plundering, at least people wouldn't have anything to complain about then.
Wait, how is marketing it as bullying and stealing going to change the expectation if they don't get there's plundering in a war+plundering game? The problem isn't the plundering, it's the feeling of having no control and people not wanting to lose anything.

Funny thing is if this were Age of Empires or any other war game. you would expect to have losses and to rebuild your empire from depleted resources. But in FoE? How dare anyone touch your city! And with far less resource loss too. The biggest difference of course would be the time span and the fact attackers cannot take down your city. Any other game you'd lose all progress and have to start from the beginning all over again. But here no matter how much you lose you get to keep going

If you want to defeat your plundering problem, search out unplunderable buildings. Any event building that can be motivated can't be plundered once motivated. Use them in place of the standard buildings. Use GBs where possible to replace normal buildings in your city. This'll support your special buildings as GBs cannot be motivated so aids will be saved for the special buildings.

Given the OP is in the future using event buildings would be far more beneficial anyway because then they produce refined goods instead of unrefined

I don't need a defense to enjoy the game :)
Great.... so what's the complaint then?

Hi Mr Migraine of Ord, don't be silly, I'm continuously having to reply to them. The amount of members I have in my Guilds is nothing of your concern and let me tell you something which I'm sure you don't know, I've been in guilds of 80 members which are complete disasters, if you're small the big members don't even know that you exist, only 5% of the members AID you, there is fighting amongst the members, the big boys get all the credit and no one knows no one else names. I know all my members by first name, I AID them all on a daily basis and I go out of my way to help with Guild trades sometimes asking friends to help me with goods which I can't get on the open market. If you look at 3 of my guilds I've win 72, 75 and 72 Gold Cups so far so that tells you a lot about the "quality" of members I have and what my members are prepared to do for me and our Guilds.
Quantity = rubbish normally.
I'm the one with patience having to put with all the crap that has been said. Let me fill you in, I'm saying there is this monster created by the developers where there are Watchfires and Virtual Flames being dished out in the Guild Expedition like hot cakes creating a huge defense / attack difference favouring all the big boys "and not" the small players.
I've patiently listen to advice how to improve my defenses, how I can virtually not be plundered and so on and on and on and on.............. none of this having anything to do with what I'm stating.
I don't care if I get plundered because I don't have a defense, I get plundered in a blue moon so it doesn't really stress me that much but it really bugs me that in 10 revenges I do I probably win once or twice so I wish these people would stop wasting my time with their silly advices.
For your info I'm South African, not Spanish and in English it's "Good bye" the language I've spoken since I started this thread so please keep you "Adios" to yourself until you know you're addressing a Spaniard otherwise you're being rude.
Goodbye
PS. Hope not to hear from you again :) LOL

I'm also in a nearly 80 player guild. And none of that happens. Almost everyone aids each other. We've got every member contributing to the Mud GBs and have climbed to #2 in our world through all members contributing.

If you want quality you need to invest in consistency, accountability and teamwork. Kick those that don't contribute after you've nudged them a few times, get other leaders who support each other. Make sure your decisions are consistent and your team will be far more efficient. Engage with your members by talking with them in the general chat thread and you'll get to know the little members. Aiding them will also get you familiar with names. Trading on the market (desktop) will get you familiar with names too.

If 80 member guilds are a disaster it's a guild with a absent leadership or lack of rule enforcement. Its the same thing in real life in any company. A good leader will cultivate a group of people to their full potential by motivating those who are wiling and kicking those that are dead weight, a bad one will either leave them doing their own thing without any correction or help and nothing will be accomplished or de-motivate everyone and productivity will be down.

The best defence against plundering outside of having nothing in the city to plunder is
(1) Send a friend request to your plunderer
(2) Never attack another player, especially never revenge attack.

If you revenge plunder you're digging your own grave. Most players will plunder you daily out of spite because they were plundered (even more so if you message them in a rude manner) instead of only occasionally plundering.

In any case, with an Alcatraz chucking out free units I have about 200 unattached of each unit. I can more then afford to aimlessly hit auto battle against every neighbour I have and not worry about losing troops. Can't be bothered most of the time unless it's to fulfill a quest but I could no problem if I wanted.

If your complaint is you don't win enough when attacking, then let me say this: no player has the right to another players resources anymore then a player has the right not to be plundered.

An attacker is able to get through defences easily enough if they put in the work by writing down the neighbours defences and then changing their attacking force to counter that specific defence

If anything were to be changed in the attackers benefit I'd make it this: show the defence you faced when you last attacked that neighbour with the images slightly faded and a note above saying "Units last encountered at this location. Defence may have changed since last visit"

Last edited:

DeletedUser96901

People are annoyed because those who plunder them only attack players they know can't attack them back.
and then those people lie
accusing other that they only attack and plunder small players who can't attack back

but in reality they attack all neighbors and plunder them

but the small players are so selfish and think it only happens to them

and even worse: they are too lazy to fight back
my defense for example has a boost of 0/21. everybody could defeat them
but they think because I have many points they can't attack back

but the real reason they can't attack back is that they are terrible players

Emberguard

Legend
Now that you mention it, my defence is 4%. Pretty much never attacked though. So all it'd take to beat my defence would be a small amount of attack boost and autobattle same age troops

DeletedUser96901

The best defence against plundering outside of having nothing in the city to plunder is
having a high defense boost so people can't attack ;)

isn't that the problem here:
the defense of the people is too high and so other can't take revenge
and for that reason small attack buildings are needed

but if it is possible to have a defense people can't attack back then it must be possible to have a defense that can't be beaten ;)
and then there is no reason to attack back for revenge: simply defend good enough and no revenge is needed

DeletedUser112892

Okay, can Pedro at least now give us arguments for his idea? I am waiting...