• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Defense versus attack bonus

• Thread starter DeletedUser114563
  • Start date

DeletedUser114563

The developers have created a real "monster" with these changes they made in the game since the Guild Expedition.
1. They started dishing out Watch Fires ( +4% defense bonus ) like hot cakes.
2. Not being happy with the zillion of Watch Fires being dished out they went for bad to worst by dishing out a worst monster the "Ritual Flame" ( +8% defense bonus ).
3. This obviously ( not obvious to the developers ) creates a huge imbalance in the game. This only benefits the players that spend they lives attacking and plundering all the weaker players ( shame on them ) because virtually no one can take revenge on them and giving lots of players who want to enjoy the game a burden of dissatisfaction because they spend endless time and resources for nothing because no matter what defense they have these big bullies continue to plunder them continuously, making a lot of players revolt against the game with utterly disbelief.
4. All new objects that give you multi bonuses have, for example, give out +9% defense bonus but only +8% attack bonus every time, this doesn't make any sense at all. All these imbalances only benefit the big score players.
5. Please developers lets put your thinking caps on and change the game so everyone has an equal chance to do anything, especially when it comes to take revenge. :(
PS. Some people have other priorities in life and not to spend the whole day playing FOE so the excuse of not collecting your goods on time is a lot of hogwash. I for example have a 85% disable mother who some days take most of my day up so I get ( unfortunately and seldom ) plundered when I'm seeing to my mom, the sad part in it is that me with a +282% +30% ( tavern ) +20% ( inventory ) a total of +383% attack bonus can't take revenge on some of these bullies who have some "stupid" +1 000% defense bonus. Something is very wrong with this game.

Agent327

Overlord
The developers have created a real "monster" with these changes they made in the game since the Guild Expedition.
2. Not being happy with the zillion of Watch Fires being dished out they went for bad to worst by dishing out a worst monster the "Ritual Flame" ( +8% defense bonus ).
3. This obviously ( not obvious to the developers ) creates a huge imbalance in the game. This only benefits the players that spend they lives attacking and plundering all the weaker players ( shame on them ) because virtually no one can take revenge on them and giving lots of players who want to enjoy the game a burden of dissatisfaction because they spend endless time and resources for nothing because no matter what defense they have these big bullies continue to plunder them continuously, making a lot of players revolt against the game with utterly disbelief.
4. All new objects that give you multi bonuses have, for example, give out +9% defense bonus but only +8% attack bonus every time, this doesn't make any sense at all. All these imbalances only benefit the big score players.
5. Please developers lets put your thinking caps on and change the game so everyone has an equal chance to do anything, especially when it comes to take revenge. :(
PS. Some people have other priorities in life and not to spend the whole day playing FOE so the excuse of not collecting your goods on time is a lot of hogwash. I for example have a 85% disable mother who some days take most of my day up so I get ( unfortunately and seldom ) plundered when I'm seeing to my mom, the sad part in it is that me with a +282% +30% ( tavern ) +20% ( inventory ) a total of +383% attack bonus can't take revenge on some of these bullies who have some "stupid" +1 000% defense bonus. Something is very wrong with this game.

So a +383% attack bonus is normal and a +1000 defense bonus is stupid?

If you have that many watchfires and ritual flames put them in your city so you will have a +1000% defense bonus as well. Problem solved.

DeletedUser112892

And do you know how much time does it take for player to earn that big defense bonus?

DeletedUser114563

Agent327
You didn't get message what I'm trying to say.
There is this huge imbalance between defense and attack bonus, that's what I'm trying to say.
DarkUros
No much these days, like I explained in my previous post.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
So what. The actual problem with defensive armies is that no matter how much of a brick wall you make them, they still always hit like a wet noodle unless you sink the 1000's of fp's into a Lv60-70+ St.Basils + Deal Castle. (and who *really* wants that eye sore hogging up space?!)

The people who "get picked on" by us "have-no-lives bullies who live in our mother's basements" types are those who typically;
- never upgrade their defenses in any way.
- can never be bothered to collect their gak on time.
- relentlessly whine & call anyone who attacks them bullies & other vicious names. (heretical hypocrites will be happily plundered all the harder!)

Anyone can gain a huge defensive AND attacking score. It just takes effort, time, patience & good planning.

If you have a busy real life commitment/s, then set your pick-up times for the time when you know you can be on-line to pick up everything at once. (ie: use the 24hr productions)
There's plenty of readily obtainable buildings that give out goods & other resources only once they're motivated, making them ideal for a 'plunder safe' city. (ie: don't use set buildings and/or special production buildings.)

And sure, a 1000% defense while really, really tough, is still rendered somewhat pointless unless you can boost the atk% of the defending army.

DeletedUser112892

Agent327
You didn't get message what I'm trying to say.
There is this huge imbalance between defense and attack bonus, that's what I'm trying to say.
DarkUros
No much these days, like I explained in my previous post.
I play game for roughly 4 months on this account and I have 3 Ritual Flames and 1 WT. Roughly 4 months only to get those... So it is definitely time and effort consuming.

DeletedUser114563

DarkUros
This dude that plundered me once in Arvahaal had someting like 50 Ritual Flames and at least 100 Watchfires but I managed to beat him and plunder him once. He never attacked me again ( wonder why ? )

DeletedUser114563

Thomas Covenent
Obviously you not reading properly what I wrote because you giving all wrong replies.
Give the thread a chance to be read by other players instead of you trying to kill this thread :(

DeletedUser112892

DarkUros
This dude that plundered me once in Arvahaal had someting like 50 Ritual Flames and at least 100 Watchfires but I managed to beat him and plunder him once. He never attacked me again ( wonder why ? )
See? It isn't impossible to beat players with huge defensive bonus :)

DeletedUser114563

Ja, I can do it but what about my poor guild members you don't have +300% attack bonus ?

DeletedUser114563

No, no, they should enjoy the game first and help us ( the guild ) to win the Guild Expedition as often as possible.

Agent327

Overlord

That is no imbalance. It is a difference that has been there from the start of the game, so you might start to think it is there on purpose.

DeletedUser114563

Agent327
Please don't take it wrong, but I'm not going to bother answering you :(

rjs66

Lieutenant
@cfpedro

help your guildmates grow their attack bonus , not only will it help them against their neighbours, it will help them with GE too

trying looking at the game as a whole, not just little bits at a time

DeletedUser96901

the whole defense is stupid

in a real game when both sides are equally strong both sides win in 50%
in this game the attacker wins 100%

and even worse
an attacker with 100% attack boost can defeat 400% defense

so the defender must waste an incredible amount of city space for his defense to be able to defend himself

so before changing the defense the battle itself must be changed:
to a realistic game: equal strength meaning both sides win in 50%
and not: much lower attack values win in 100% against superior defensive boost

There is this huge imbalance between defense and attack bonus
there is an huge imbalance in defending and attacking

in a balanced game the attacker wouldn't be so ridiculous overpowered

yes please developers balance the fights.
thank you

I can do it but what about my poor guild members you don't have +300% attack bonus ?
teach them how to fight manually
then 90% are enough for 99% of the neighbors

and the 1% deserves to be unbeatable because he used so much space for his bonus

So a +383% attack bonus is normal and a +1000 defense bonus is stupid?
the real problem is:
the 383% will win every time against the 1000%
(at least if he knows how to fight and does that manually: I would after the first attack)

Something is very wrong with this game.
your fighting skills are wrong if you can't win with 383%

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser114563

Thank you Test Ament
at last my point(s) is ( are ) getting thru' and someone agrees with them :)
Thank U :)

DeletedUser114563

Test Ament said
your fighting skills are wrong if you can't win with 383%

Long time ago one of my first girlfriends said, after having my nose broken in a karate tournament
" you're a lover, not a fighter " :) LOL

DeletedUser114563

I think I know the film you saw, it was called Frankenstein, correct ? :) LOL