• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Dear FOE Developers. You are destroying your own game.

Deleted member 127677

those are tipical responses about like when support tells me to give feedback here
You get those too? Then you say but I got directed to support from the in game survey, still get directed here. And here I’m not sure what we’re told, mainly that we’re dreaming.

suethegreat

Captain
Yes marketing is a wonderful thing. FOE probably massively increased its player base during covid lockdowns. The cartoon figures upgrading their houses Sim City style and play for free. No mention of fighting involved. Sure you can kill time for free but those of a competitive nature will need diamonds and a farm doesnt spring up over night so you pay. Daily challenges encourage aging up as there is only so long you can stomach quests for the next age filling your side bar. This is all part of the business plan as no such thing as a free lunch. Then event extras that could be bought with diamonds became £/$ in addition to chests for @3k diamonds. Established players/gaming system with farms still have an outlet for their cache but i suspect in the beginning it was never considered players would 'grow their own' in such a manner, Inno cannot ban more than one city nor ban farms now but it can reduce the odds of obtaining diamonds from wells affecting all players with modest wells too. Has the number of mobile players decreased? Extra pay features on top of watching ads must be a disincentive. Forced to try mobile with a poor signal chests had to go unopened plus part of the castle rewards unobtainable without an ad !!!!? There is no reason to make all event features easily obtainable. New players will not realise subtle tweaks from previous years and retaining established players is not profitable as they grow their own.

Deleted member 127677

I actually did play my farms for a couple of years before focusing on my main. I feel Sue’s point about city building compared to fighting goes broader too. If I had continued playing in all, I would not have played any in a competitive way, just plodded along. That worked out for me, but new players don’t have that luxury. And, I think this below is totally true

ew players will not realise subtle tweaks from previous years and
especially if they’re told it’s not true.

Knight of ICE

You’re saying there was no reason?

Still not reading are you? I am asking you where Inno stated that the introduction of the Event box was because of the increasingly difficulty to obtain that last level of a main building as you claim. Also why did they remove it again, if that was the reason. What statement did they make about that. I know what players say. I am asking you what reasons Inno gave.

we should not have to pay to play

Where do you have to pay to play? Who is forcing you?

now you need to pay to get 1 fully upgraded building

No you don't. You can still get it for free. There are even guides from players that tell you how to. Are you saying those are wrong?

Shad23

Emperor
There are even guides from players that tell you how to.
where ? on beta forum ? or here once you'v already done half of the event and don't have time to do it as said in the guide cause event already started a while befor you saw the ( how to ) ?
here only thing i see is tips for event in section guides book shelf and it was writen in december 2022 not a good reference for saying players do guides for recent events
and that thread is general tips it does not realy talk about a specific event

Last edited:

Deleted member 127677

There are even guides from players that tell you how to.
Players yes, Inno no.

Still not reading are you
I read you fine. You clearly didn’t bother reading what I said. This is the quote from last year’s summer event announcement, when they were removed.

‘From this event on, due to design changes, we will no longer be giving out the Event Surprise Boxes, but not to worry! Balancing will be adjusted to ensure it is still possible to win a fully upgraded event building even without the box, and without spending diamonds. All previously issued boxes will still be usable, but no new ones will be issued.’

If you read this like anyone else, they were there to ensure we got a fully upgraded building. If you read if some other way, do please share.

Knight of ICE

Players yes, Inno no.

Would be rather strange for Inno to post a walk through for their own Event.

I read you fine. You clearly didn’t bother reading what I said. This is the quote from last year’s summer event announcement, when they were removed.

‘From this event on, due to design changes, we will no longer be giving out the Event Surprise Boxes, but not to worry! Balancing will be adjusted to ensure it is still possible to win a fully upgraded event building even without the box, and without spending diamonds. All previously issued boxes will still be usable, but no new ones will be issued.’

If you read this like anyone else, they were there to ensure we got a fully upgraded building. If you read if some other way, do please share.

What I read is that it was balanced before the Event Box, during the Event box and after the Event Box. You can/could always win a fully event building without spending diamonds.

What I also read is that there was not given any reason for the introduction of the Event Surprise box and that judging from the feedback players not really liked it. Could that mean that Inno listened to them?

Deleted member 127677

hat I read is that it was balanced before the Event Box, during the Event box and after the Event Box. You can/could always win a fully event building without spending diamonds.

What I also read is that there was not given any reason for the introduction of the Event Surprise box and that judging from the feedback players not really liked it. Could that mean that Inno listened to them?
Forgive me but that is a lot of reading into ‘we changed it but we also changed the mechanic too so you will be able to get what you got anyway‘. I’m sorry but there is no mention of feedback so anything else has to be conjecture.

Last edited by a moderator:

PJS299

Private
Would be rather strange for Inno to post a walk through for their own Event.

What I read is that it was balanced before the Event Box, during the Event box and after the Event Box. You can/could always win a fully event building without spending diamonds.

The announcement from Inno said, "don't worry," which clearly implies that people are worried. About what? About not being able to get the event building leveled all the way.

They also said, "Balancing will be adjusted to ensure it is still possible to win a fully upgraded event building even without the box, and without spending diamonds." Based on the quote, it wasn't possible to get the fully leveled event building before the event surprise box. This means that the surprise box was introduced to the game so that it would be possible to get the building all the way leveled, because at the moment it was too difficult. Answer your question?

Also, nobody ever said that players disliked the surprise box. You totally just invented that from nowhere...
And although I've only been playing for 3–4 years, even I can tell that the events have gotten more difficult. My first event, the Spring event, was so easy, you do quests, and then you play the game, and then you get the building. There wasn't any "golden upgrade," and you didn't have to play a certain way to get the building. The majority of not paying players in the game did not get the Panda Shrine, because it was too difficult. They make it where you basically have to spend money to get it, or have some extreme luck. The Archaeology Event, so easy! Spring Event, so easy! All of these were so easy, and guess what? No "golden upgrade," no fragments of buildings, no event pass. There was no second tier of awards that are too expensive. The event pass almost guarantees that you get all the buildings, but without it, it has gotten increasingly more difficult to get the event building.

Come on! For a moderator, I would expect you to know better!

Knight of ICE

They also said, "Balancing will be adjusted to ensure it is still possible to win a fully upgraded event building even without the box, and without spending diamonds." Based on the quote, it wasn't possible to get the fully leveled event building before the event surprise box. This means that the surprise box was introduced to the game so that it would be possible to get the building all the way leveled, because at the moment it was too difficult. Answer your question?

Not really, cause it was possible to get the fully leveled event building before the surprise box. Maybe the box made it easier for some, but the box wasn't really needed.

Also, nobody ever said that players disliked the surprise box. You totally just invented that from nowhere...

Look it up. Players complained they did not have the surprise box, cause they did not play the previous event.

And although I've only been playing for 3–4 years, even I can tell that the events have gotten more difficult. My first event, the Spring event, was so easy, you do quests, and then you play the game, and then you get the building. There wasn't any "golden upgrade," and you didn't have to play a certain way to get the building. The majority of not paying players in the game did not get the Panda Shrine, because it was too difficult. They make it where you basically have to spend money to get it, or have some extreme luck. The Archaeology Event, so easy! Spring Event, so easy! All of these were so easy, and guess what? No "golden upgrade," no fragments of buildings, no event pass. There was no second tier of awards that are too expensive. The event pass almost guarantees that you get all the buildings, but without it, it has gotten increasingly more difficult to get the event building.

Again, I admitted the Events have become more difficult and the element of luck has become more prominent. Still, that does npot mean it has become impossible to get a full levelled building. Golden upgrades are no part of that.

rsdj

Private
I signed on to this forum to totally agree with Treboreel. pretty much this summer event 2023 looks ok, but once you play it, it just sucks, the board doesn't even have a guaranteed key for the calendar, and with the board refresh, you could use all your Doubloons and never get a calendar key...yea right nice event. When i started playing, you used to be able to play all aspects of the game, get all the the rewads, and the players who wanted to spend extra had x2 or 5x that nice reward.
Now the collector part of me is like, well i am missing a event building here and there. Time to move on, find another game that really suits how i want to play
A lot of people I have spoken to have mentioned this as well. How can you get the daily key if the daily key never appears.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
No one likes a camper in the gaming world as it dragged down the system, wasted resources and strained the networks. When you're camping in one lower era and gaining A/D stat's that can OP many higher era players it means that you don't have respect for them. The logical question is that why not enjoy all eras within this game because it has a lot more to offer.

That's why games such as FoE do encourage all players to gradually progress through and to enjoy the game as a whole. You would be gaining rewards included diamonds by playing the game in a proper manner.
When GbG was released and guilds realised the cost in treasury goods for outposts players are or were encouraged to stay in a lower age to build up attack strength, Campers are not the reason this game has been dragged down,, Greedy developers have ruined what was once a fun game, If you dont buy diamonds or packages or farm GbG 24/7 your progress will be very slow to a point it will drive players to a different game..

rsdj

Private
Hello,

I have been playing FOE for years and it sued to be, that if you logged into the game everyday, and completed all the event tasks, you would win some kind of a prize at the end of the event. You months now, you have lessened chances of winning, removing all or most Diamond prizes. I have noticed a marked decrease in FOE membership. Many guilds cannot attract players.

You may think this is a shorterm downturn, but I think you are destroying the very game that was so popular all those years. Ago. Maybe if you allowed regular (non wealthy) players to win a few event buildings again, you would stop this exodus from FOE. Boy, I really hope you are not stupid enough to continue down this road, you are presently on, because you will indeed destroy the very game you created. Ponder deeply, gentleman & ladies. Thank you.
take this event for example. How are you able to collect the daily keys if the daily key is never even one of the prizes on offer?

suethegreat

Captain
'Look it up. Players complained they did not have the surprise box, cause they did not play the previous event.'

Er this is not a complaint about the box or that players didnt like the box. This is a complaint that without the box attaining a fully levelled event building was more difficult. The solution was obvious that players should log in and do events thus getting the box which was always the idea just as castle points are. More people playing more often more potential spend for playing currency.

As a handbook to get players miffed includes removal of the event box bonus, adding tempting selections of goodies you have to pay real cash for, creating a selection of event goodies that cost 2995 diamonds, weird random appearance of calendar items certainly restricted at start of event when event currency is high, providing a second level 1 base in prizes long before players have got close to levelling the first, daily quests of sometimes 6 items to earn theoretically just 1 calendar key segment, demands for 50 or more 5 minute collections as part of getting maybe a single key fragment.

Yes free to play but I sometimes wonder if those creating daily or event quests are on day release from a torture chamber lol.

Deleted member 127677

Look it up. Players complained they did not have the surprise box, cause they did not play the previous event.
And like a jack in the box, here I am to say - surprise - that this is not what you initially claimed. You said that players disliked the box. That is patently not correct. They disliked not having it. Is what you are saying. So, why did they want it again? I mean, I may be out on a limb here… But let’s dare venture a guess and say… you guessed it. It was hard to get the full event building without it. The luck element used to play a part, way back. I never ended up suffering from it but I know people who did, and who got fed up with the game for that reason too. Since *active play* did *not reward you*. Like it doesn't now unless you have pinned down exactly what to do, sometimes in exactly one specific way or you were out of the event with no way to recuperate time or currency lost. Back to the argument at hand. It does little for player satisfaction.

Knight of ICE

You said that players disliked the box. That is patently not correct. They disliked not having it. Is what you are saying.

As you might have noticed there are way more Events than there used to be and players have started to skip Events for reasons like not liking the mini game, or the grand prize. The box forced them to play Events they would otherwise skip. Not because it was impossible to get a full level building for free without the box, but because it is better to be safe than sorry. So they had the box and disliked the box. Does that make it clear to you? Next time, just ask if it isn't. Don't try to explain what I am saying. Better let me do that.

Deleted member 127677

Does that make it clear to you?
No, it doesn’t. Having it has nothing to do with disliking it. What you’re saying is they disliked having to play something they would not otherwise have bothered with, to get it. If they disliked the box so much, they wouldn’t have played the event irrespective. No logic claiming that they did and disliked the end result. Like Sue said and I guess anyone else reading that quote, the complaint was not about the box.

Knight of ICE

No, it doesn’t. Having it has nothing to do with disliking it. What you’re saying is they disliked having to play something they would not otherwise have bothered with, to get it. If they disliked the box so much, they wouldn’t have played the event irrespective. No logic claiming that they did and disliked the end result. Like Sue said and I guess anyone else reading that quote, the complaint was not about the box.

So according to you, you can only dislike something for not having it. Not dislike it, because you have to do something you do not like in order to get it. Fine by me. Enjoy the game!