• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Dear FOE Developers. You are destroying your own game.

I signed on to this forum to totally agree with Treboreel. pretty much this summer event 2023 looks ok, but once you play it, it just sucks, the board doesn't even have a guaranteed key for the calendar, and with the board refresh, you could use all your Doubloons and never get a calendar key...yea right nice event. When i started playing, you used to be able to play all aspects of the game, get all the the rewads, and the players who wanted to spend extra had x2 or 5x that nice reward.
Now the collector part of me is like, well i am missing a event building here and there. Time to move on, find another game that really suits how i want to play

NoblePaul17

Private
Blooming heck IR, if you are doing the events just for the " Calander " part then you have def missed the plot and in great need to re-evaluate you gaming stratergy, ever since Inno introduced the Calander, and if I remember it correctly it was for a Christmas advent calander it has always been a sub part of the event, the prize's are trinkets, little add's to help along, not AA/AD% or Fp boosters, try moving outta FE and enjoy the game as a whole ( well maybe not AF/OF ) not just want for on the silly little parts. there's so much more going on

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Hello,

I have been playing FOE for years and it sued to be, that if you logged into the game everyday, and completed all the event tasks, you would win some kind of a prize at the end of the event. You months now, you have lessened chances of winning, removing all or most Diamond prizes. I have noticed a marked decrease in FOE membership. Many guilds cannot attract players.

You may think this is a shorterm downturn, but I think you are destroying the very game that was so popular all those years. Ago. Maybe if you allowed regular (non wealthy) players to win a few event buildings again, you would stop this exodus from FOE. Boy, I really hope you are not stupid enough to continue down this road, you are presently on, because you will indeed destroy the very game you created. Ponder deeply, gentleman & ladies. Thank you.
another one who plays the game expecting prizes and gifts, do you do any fighting at all ? there are tons of goodies to gained by putting some effort in to gbg for example ? it seems so many these days just want to win lots of high end buildings and expect not to have to work for them or even pay up for some

Deleted member 127677

another one who plays the game expecting prizes and gifts, do you do any fighting at all ? there are tons of goodies to gained by putting some effort in to gbg for example ? it seems so many these days just want to win lots of high end buildings and expect not to have to work for them or even pay up for some
I play the game expecting prizes for sure, if there is an event on and I am playing it actively. It seems you are taking out some Gbg or Gvg frustration on what is a correct statement from the original poster. It is increasingly difficult to get the highest level building, and people have to wait for several months for the last upgrade if they get that highest free level in the first place. This is not new, but the paywall for premium prizes and levels is. These are not ‘gifts’, nor should there be any shame in wanting to play the game for free (in reference to your comment about paying for some), given that that is what it is advertised as. The question is whether you should have to feel like the poor cousin if you do.

Knight of ICE

It is increasingly difficult to get the highest level building,

No it isn't. It is still the same.

and people have to wait for several months for the last upgrade if they get that highest free level in the first place.

That last upgrade is something new in the game that will give them the chance to upgrade the event building to a new building. It's an extra prize, not an increase in difficulty.

Knight of ICE

befor in events we could get last lvl of the event building by only finishing the event quests now you need to spend diamonds if you don't want to wait 1 year befor you get last upgrade

You are wrong. You are not upgrading to the last level. You are upgrading to a new building with much higher stats than the regular multilevel Event buildings. Also it does not take you a year. If you do not get any upgrades from the Event it will take you 150 days max. If you really need to complain about everything at least get your facts straight!

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
First of all, based on personal experience, yes, it is more difficult to get to max level in the last few events than it was the previous years. And that's without taking into account the Golden Upgrade.

Second:
If you do not get any upgrades from the Event it will take you 150 days max. If you really need to complain about everything at least get your facts straight!
Wrong. That assumes that everyone gets to max level and then gets the Golden Upgrade. That's not how it always works. To use my main city as an example:
I am short one upgrade, so I can't get the Panda Reserve to max level. But I got the statue that produces fragments for the Golden Upgrade (the final regular upgrade was the reward after the statue). So I will get the Panda Golden Upgrade in 120 days (since I got 30 fragments for doing all quests), but I won't be able to acutally use it until next year. So "wait 1 year" is correct, at least as far as the Panda Reserve is concerned.

With all due respect, maybe you should get your facts straight first...

Shad23

Emperor
You are wrong. You are not upgrading to the last level. You are upgrading to a new building with much higher stats than the regular multilevel Event buildings. Also it does not take you a year. If you do not get any upgrades from the Event it will take you 150 days max. If you really need to complain about everything at least get your facts straight!
i did last event in full did not get close to getting last lvl on the event building , how do you get more lvl's 150 days after ? normaly the add only gives it 1 year after when the next same event is played and where you can get up-grades for that event in it (same event next year )

Knight of ICE

First of all, based on personal experience, yes, it is more difficult to get to max level in the last few events than it was the previous years. And that's without taking into account the Golden Upgrade.

Based on my personal experience I do not agree with you. Except for the last Event, I got the max level on all my diamond farms. Something I never did before.

Wrong. That assumes that everyone gets to max level and then gets the Golden Upgrade. That's not how it always works. To use my main city as an example:
I am short one upgrade, so I can't get the Panda Reserve to max level. But I got the statue that produces fragments for the Golden Upgrade (the final regular upgrade was the reward after the statue). So I will get the Panda Golden Upgrade in 120 days (since I got 30 fragments for doing all quests), but I won't be able to acutally use it until next year. So "wait 1 year" is correct, at least as far as the Panda Reserve is concerned.

Nothing wrong with it. That's why I quote what I respond to, but I see how you can have different interpretations on what you call the last upgrade. As far as the Pande Reserve goes, you are right, Only got that on my main, cause at the diamond farms I do not make the effort. That does not mean it is something that is now common in Events. It was in the Wildlife Event, but that does not warrant the claim it now happens in all Events. The Anniversary Event was a dead give away with easy to get a max level Grand Prize and a lot of other good prizes. I did not see anyone claim that as the new standard.

Sorry, have to call you out on this. Are you seriously saying that the last few events have had the same opportunity to obtain the highest level event building as those from previous years? Utter nonsense.

Except for the Wildlife Event, yes. You still have the same opportunity. What has changed is that the mini games have changed. You can no longer go for the Daily Specials you want and still get the Grand Prize. You now have to make a choice. It's one or the other. Just look at the Summer Event now. Previously you could just sit there and wait, let others clear the wheel and wait till you could snipe the Daily Special. That's no longer possible and that applies to more Events these days. So you need to forget about the Dailies. If you focus on the highest level Event building you can still get it. You need to adapt, not blunder on like you used to.

Deleted member 127677

No it isn't. It is still the same.
No it isn’t. How’s that for a statement of, whatever it is, your interpretation or mine. Without paying for the new event pass, getting a fully upgraded event building that can then wait for frags for the last super duper upgrade takes significant time, if it’s even achievable at all. I think the last St Patrick’s required a full 21 days of several hours a day to even make it possible to get the building for free. Like the game claims it should be. There was a reason the event box was introduced some years ago too, as it was already then getting increasingly difficult to obtain that last level of a main building. Compared to when I started playing, when it was a pretty much guaranteed occurrence if you played daily. So perhaps we are talking out of different perspectives here.

If you really need to complain about everything

not blunder on like you used to.
But if those two quotes are your basic assumption about those who are posting here, and you as a player or moderator (unclear which most of the time) of this forum think that is how you should be dealing with it, those considerations are likely irrelevant. Players feel things are getting worse, you feel it’s the same as before. Maybe subjectively speaking, you might want to tone down how you address people voicing their concerns.

Knight of ICE

I think the last St Patrick’s required a full 21 days of several hours a day to even make it possible to get the building for free. Like the game claims it should be.

Where does the game claim that? The mechanism of the St Patricks Event has been the same since it was introduced. If you feel it required a full 21 days of several hours a day it always did.

There was a reason the event box was introduced some years ago too, as it was already then getting increasingly difficult to obtain that last level of a main building.

Where was that reason given? Since you are so well informed, what was the reason it was removed again? Where is that reason given?

Players feel things are getting worse, you feel it’s the same as before.

If you want to discuss everything with me at least have the decency to read what I write. I clearly stated that things have changed, so no, I do not think it is the same as before. I do think you can still get the grand prize for free. Players that write guides on how to do it, seem to agree with me.

Deleted member 127677

If you feel it required a full 21 days of several hours a day it always did.
No, it didn’t. You could easily obtain it by just doing a couple (or a few, so we don’t get into nit pick territory) of cities over the course of the event, buy all the boxes at the end of the city and not stress over it. As long as you played the event daily and kept things ticking over, you were fine. This year there was an additional upgrade, which you needed to prepare for. Saying that the last upgrade is a whole new building is disingenuous. If there are 10 levels of a building, and the last one is locked behind a paywall or some half impossible game strategy to get, it still is 10 levels and added to your *already existing building’ that you will no longer have. If it was a *whole new building*, you would have both.

Where was that reason given? Since you are so well informed, what was the reason it was removed again? Where is that reason given?
You’re saying there was no reason? They just did it to retain people playing until next event? Forgive me for thinking that devs had listened to players. If you stop being so combative, perhaps consider for a second that the only thing I’m saying is actually a positive, there had been complaints before that was introduced that events were harder. When it was introduced, it made things easier, people could get the last upgrade or even get a start on a next building. Following on what happened within months since it was removed, does it take a lot of deduction to figure out what the reason might be? No. Was either announced, not to my knowledge. I personally liked that box.

things have changed
Yes, events have changed, you said that. What others have been saying is that it’s become harder (as in changed) to obtain the last level of an event building. That has nothing to do with the event mechanic. You can get the main building, yes, with either full on activity, or by buying the event pass. But can you get them playing like normal, or if you miss a day, or maybe make a mistake a day in an event like the Anniversary one, where if you didn’t rigorously follow the advice given by those people who test and produce guides (NB, volunteers and fans) - absolutely no chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 127677

Where does the game claim that
Forgot this one. Every bit of negative comment about the overt monetisation of the game that has taken place over the past six months or so (incidentally coinciding with that period after the event box was removed) gets met with ‘it’s a totally free to play game’ from whoever is responding. Go check the app stores.

Deleted member 127677

Interestingly, I remember when I saw this one and thought it’s not true anyway since some buildings are only available in the event pass.

Attachments

• IMG_2189.jpeg
    IMG_2189.jpeg
    444.5 KB · Views: 17

Deleted member 127677

There were lots of responses, most saying ‘tell us what we can do to improve’. Or ‘contact support’.