• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Dear FOE Developers. You are destroying your own game.

treboreel

Private
Hello,

I have been playing FOE for years and it sued to be, that if you logged into the game everyday, and completed all the event tasks, you would win some kind of a prize at the end of the event. You months now, you have lessened chances of winning, removing all or most Diamond prizes. I have noticed a marked decrease in FOE membership. Many guilds cannot attract players.

You may think this is a shorterm downturn, but I think you are destroying the very game that was so popular all those years. Ago. Maybe if you allowed regular (non wealthy) players to win a few event buildings again, you would stop this exodus from FOE. Boy, I really hope you are not stupid enough to continue down this road, you are presently on, because you will indeed destroy the very game you created. Ponder deeply, gentleman & ladies. Thank you.

Deleted member 127677

I agree the devs are wide off the mark in how they have (not) been developing the game in the past couple of years. This is not a new gripe, but interesting how many more threads and attempts at starting a discussion there have been just in the past weeks about this. Maybe there are stats that bear up the current way of things, but if there are increasing numbers of disaffected long term players, there will be a transit to other games, and eventually also the attraction for what seems to be the current target group, active new players who would spend their way to the top, will be diminished. How that is sensible as a long term strategy is something I can’t fathom.

Ashtro

Major
Well if I were a developer, I would say that I need to keep my job. I need to feed and clothed my family. Sponsorship from various advertising agencies does not suffice our base salary. More Sponsorships mean more advertisements in game and yet most of you really dislike this.

As the game ages more players are welcomed on board while existing players needed new contents. The infrastructure of the system is constantly upgraded and properly maintained as time goes by. And it's not cheap to have this game running at this phase.

Yes I agree on the fact that diamonds are now not easy to earn but you can choose to play the game differently. For example, participate in GvG more often, participate in GE, participate in PvP, complete quests even if they're reoccurring quests as diamonds can be awarded and build the Châtean Frontenac to increase the rewards.

Ashtro

Major
Diamonds are only once per quest when you age up, plus a couple of bonus and side quests when you age up. CF affects the amount, yes, but not more than those few times per era. If you camp out somewhere, this is not an option.

No one likes a camper in the gaming world as it dragged down the system, wasted resources and strained the networks. When you're camping in one lower era and gaining A/D stat's that can OP many higher era players it means that you don't have respect for them. The logical question is that why not enjoy all eras within this game because it has a lot more to offer.

That's why games such as FoE do encourage all players to gradually progress through and to enjoy the game as a whole. You would be gaining rewards included diamonds by playing the game in a proper manner.

Deleted member 127677

I was not saying anything about camping, just saying that getting dimes through quests is a limited option, and non existent for those who are staying in an era.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
No one likes a camper in the gaming world as it dragged down the system, wasted resources and strained the networks. When you're camping in one lower era and gaining A/D stat's that can OP many higher era players it means that you don't have respect for them. The logical question is that why not enjoy all eras within this game because it has a lot more to offer.

That's why games such as FoE do encourage all players to gradually progress through and to enjoy the game as a whole. You would be gaining rewards included diamonds by playing the game in a proper manner.
What an idiotic thing to say.
I'd argue that plundering, sniping and the inequalities in GBG etc shown by some players and guilds show less respect for other players rather than being in a lower era with decent stats.
All of these things, including camping, are allowed and are different ways of playing the same game.

Camping forever, or temporary camping in an era for a length of time, is a perfectly acceptable way of playing the game.
So is spending some time preparing your city for the next era.
For example, I have a world that is forever Bronze Age. It's simple, easy to manage but at the same time gives a different challenge because of the limits I have to contend with.

Why on earth should I rush through the ages at someone else's speed and then quickly find myself in the final era with nowhere to go?
In fact, you'd be 'camping' in that era until a new one was released.

At my leisurely pace I decide when, or if, to move up.
It's a game. I play for fun, not to see how fast I can get to the end.

Ashtro

Major
What an idiotic thing to say.
I'd argue that plundering, sniping and the inequalities in GBG etc shown by some players and guilds show less respect for other players rather than being in a lower era with decent stats.
All of these things, including camping, are allowed and are different ways of playing the same game.

Camping forever, or temporary camping in an era for a length of time, is a perfectly acceptable way of playing the game.
So is spending some time preparing your city for the next era.
For example, I have a world that is forever Bronze Age. It's simple, easy to manage but at the same time gives a different challenge because of the limits I have to contend with.

Why on earth should I rush through the ages at someone else's speed and then quickly find myself in the final era with nowhere to go?
In fact, you'd be 'camping' in that era until a new one was released.

At my leisurely pace I decide when, or if, to move up.
It's a game. I play for fun, not to see how fast I can get to the end.

Sound like you're camping in Bronze Age forever while raising your stat's just to bully new players which ruins their gaming experiences.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Sound like you're camping in Bronze Age forever while raising your stat's just to bully new players which ruins their gaming experiences.
Sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.
In fact, I know you don't.

For a start, in the Bronze Age I can't attack, plunder or 'bully' other players because I haven't researched the tech.
I also can't contribute to GB's so I can't snipe players either.
I don't have access to GE, GbG, PvP etc so can't affect players there.
I don't have access to the AD so I can't affect players there.
I'm in a guild of one (me) so can't affect players there.
I have a limited space to work with so my A/D stats are probably lower than others because I can't place as many useful buildings as they can.

And, since you know nothing about me or the way I play, I'll also add that I always accept friend requests of new players, I aid/visit taverns every day when possible (including aiding neighbours as well as friends), I give help or advice if asked as I'm often at the front of the neighbourhood and I trade fairly if I trade at all.

My sole aim for my Bronze Age city is the challenge to play Forge in a limited environment, in a different way to my other world. I very much keep myself to myself.

So, perhaps you can explain your accusation of how I 'bully' other players?

Last edited:

Ashtro

Major
Sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.
In fact, I know you don't.

For a start, in the Bronze Age I can't attack, plunder or 'bully' other players because I haven't researched the tech.
I also can't contribute to GB's so I can't snipe players either.

During this Bronze Age you can certainly build two great buildings namely Statue of Zeus and Tower of Babel. Which means you can contribute to GB's of yourself and friends, guild mates and neighbours. So could you please explain why you can't you contribute?

I don't have access to GE, GbG, PvP etc so can't affect players there.

Guilds are available during Bronze Age after you've researched Smithery and you certainly can play GbG.

I'm in a guild of one (me) so can't affect players there.
I have a limited space to work with so my A/D stats are probably lower than others because I can't place as many useful buildings as they can.

Bronze Age is the first age that allows you to spend diamonds to buy various buildings including expansions.

And, since you know nothing about me or the way I play, I'll also add that I always accept friend requests of new players, I aid/visit taverns every day when possible (including aiding neighbours as well as friends), I give help or advice if asked as I'm often at the front of the neighbourhood and I trade fairly if I trade at all.

You can certainly plunder your neighbours for goods and resources.

And by the way, it's called accomplishment when you complete a game, so it's not camping at all.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
During this Bronze Age you can certainly build two great buildings namely Statue of Zeus and Tower of Babel. Which means you can contribute to GB's of yourself and friends, guild mates and neighbours. So could you please explain why you can't you contribute?

Guilds are available during Bronze Age after you've researched Smithery and you certainly can play GbG.

Bronze Age is the first age that allows you to spend diamonds to buy various buildings including expansions.

And by the way, it's called accomplishment when you complete a game, so it's not camping at all.
Thank you for proving my point that you know nothing of what you say.

As far as I'm aware:

Contributing to Gbs (except your own) only becomes available after researching 'Architecture' in the Iron Age.
GBG is only available after researching 'Military Tactics' in the Iron Age.
Plundering neighbours is not available to me, the crossed sword symbol is absent. This may be because I aid them all, not sure. I'm against plundering, anyway, even if I could.
PvP only becomes available after researching 'Mercenaries' in the Early Middle Ages.
GE is only available from Iron Age onwards.
And, as I said, I don't pay to expand because I want the challenge of a limited city footprint.

You really should find these things out before coming on here.
And especially before accusing me of being a bully.

Last edited:

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
As far as I'm aware:

Contributing to Gbs (except your own) only becomes available after researching 'Architecture' in the Iron Age.
Plundering neighbours is not available to me, the crossed sword symbol is absent. This may be because I aid them all, not sure. I'm against plundering, anyway, even if I could.
PvP only becomes available after researching 'Mercenaries' in the Early Middle Ages.
A small correction: "PvP Fights" (aka attacking your neighbours) is unlocked by researching Military Tactics in Iron Age. "PvP Arena" is what is unlocked by researching Mercenaries.

You are corect on everything else.

Ashtro

Major
Thank you for proving my point that you know nothing of what you say.

As far as I'm aware:

And, as I said, I don't pay to expand because I want the challenge of a limited city footprint.

You really should find these things out before coming on here.
And especially before accusing me of being a bully.

I don't know when your Bronze Age world has been established, but PvP used to be available during this age.

You state that you don't spend diamonds at all but how can we be sure.

I would really like to know how long have you been camping in Bronze Age.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
A small correction: "PvP Fights" (aka attacking your neighbours) is unlocked by researching Military Tactics in Iron Age. "PvP Arena" is what is unlocked by researching Mercenaries.

You are corect on everything else.
Thank you for clarifying.

Knight of ICE

I don't know when your Bronze Age world has been established, but PvP used to be available during this age.

PvP isn't available. The PvP tournament is if you acquire the province on the Continent map.

Not in Bronze, not even in Iron if you or they do not research Military Tactics.

So far you have been wrong in everything you have been saying. It is impossible to bully players when you are in Bronze.

GADfan

Warrant Officer

You state that you don't spend diamonds at all but how can we be sure.

I would really like to know how long have you been camping in Bronze Age.
My Bronze Age city was started just under 3 years ago.

I didn't state that I 'don't spend diamonds', I said I didn't pay.
I got my expansions mainly through the Continent Map and buying with medals.
Any diamonds spent (and I can't remember doing so on this city) would be ones gained in-game, not bought.

But how does any of this diamond talk prove that I'm bullying other players, as you claim?
I've already proved you wrong in that I have very limited contact with other players because of how the game is designed. It simply won't let me because I haven't researched the tech.

You should apologise for being wrong and let this thread get back on track.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
You obviously know very little about the game to come out with something like that, I have one world in SAJM and two in Iron Age, one of those will stay there forever, because that's a different way of playing, the other will again rise slowly through the eras, because I wish to try different strategies, stats have nothing to do with bullying, only players do that

Hello,

I have been playing FOE for years and it sued to be, that if you logged into the game everyday, and completed all the event tasks, you would win some kind of a prize at the end of the event. You months now, you have lessened chances of winning, removing all or most Diamond prizes. I have noticed a marked decrease in FOE membership. Many guilds cannot attract players.

You may think this is a shorterm downturn, but I think you are destroying the very game that was so popular all those years. Ago. Maybe if you allowed regular (non wealthy) players to win a few event buildings again, you would stop this exodus from FOE. Boy, I really hope you are not stupid enough to continue down this road, you are presently on, because you will indeed destroy the very game you created. Ponder deeply, gentleman & ladies. Thank you.
I must say that I completely agree with your diagnosis and your worry about the future directions. I also have been building up my city for a few years now, and am unimpressed with the direction the writers/creators are moving. I understand the financial incentives they have for including so may ads in regular game play. But they have added them in places that remove some of the fun bits of play (probably to make the "fun" cost more to the players).

My main complaint is - if they are going to (have to?) include all those pesky ads - they should at least ensure that those ads don't crash the game when triggered. I visit my city at least three times a day (some times more often), and find myself triggering at least one ad per visit for one reason or another. And I have yet to have a day when the game has not crashed/frozen when I trigger one of those ads. Once in a while I could forgive - but one out of three is beyond acceptable.