• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser96901

Because normally that is a thing with challenges - you have to ACCEPT the challenge for it to count.
you actually don't accept the daily challenge

you only choose which reward chest you want

:rolleyes:

DeletedUser111948

you actually don't accept the daily challenge

you only choose which reward chest you want

:rolleyes:
Exactly - a task that requires no acceptance is NOT a challenge by definition - it's a task. A job. If they made a "daily chores" section this would be the way. If they want to make a CHALLENGES than they should work like challenges - as in offered to a player who has a choice of whiter to accept it or not.

Example:
Duel challenge.
For a challenge to be valid it has to be issued and accepted than it's a duel and is set up as such.
If you just come over and inform somebody that you are going to shoot them than proceed to do so it's not a duel - it's a murder with a warning.

A challenge is an optional objective, hard but rewarding. It is a BONUS task - you do not take a challenge if you don't think you can do it and it should be entirely your choice.
I guess you can view this as a "week long" challenge, but in this case I STRONGLY object - a casual browser game should not make claims to that much of anyone time, that's a bad design choice.

DeletedUser96901

Example:
Duel challenge.
For a challenge to be valid it has to be issued and accepted than it's a duel and is set up as such.
If you just come over and inform somebody that you are going to shoot them than proceed to do so it's not a duel - it's a murder with a warning.
if you kill someone in a duell challenge you will still go to jail :rolleyes:

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
This is a reason for you to review your friends list, and dump those that stopped playing. I too have troubles getting 45 taverns, however normally manage to accomplish that much, because I review my friends list often enough.
Not everyone plays 24/7 and people sometimes forget. As I said...numbers add up but player activity/log in time/tavern checks don't. Checked less than 24 hrs later and got my totals. Too late. Also should be allowed to pick the time for your challenge to start as mine finishes and starts again during the time of normal sleep so unless I stay awake I lose about 7-8 hours of the challenge time. You also don't know what your challenges will be and whether you will be actually able to do them in the allotted time. So give a look at the challenge chest inside before you make your decision. For instance today on chest showed decorations, tigers den which is stored now and don't need, bazaar...the same, etc. while the other showed big am't of supplies. Could use the supplies so took that challenge. Same thing...pay out FPs(no problem), do bunch of 1 hr. productions which can do, but donate of my era goods or preceding one is deal breaker as they are sorely needed and am still trying to accumulate them. So this challenge is not going to get done. If I had known what the challenge entailed I wouldn't have chosen it, not that it would have mattered as supposedly even not picking the daily challenge chest still counts as a -1. That question was asked a lot and was never given an answer so have to assume the worst. DC has become a shambles for those that are even remotely interested in it especially if you are in the later ages. You had the beta to fix things but wasn't done. Too bad.

Last edited:

DeletedUser111866

@Zanzi the just 55 I'm not speaking "delete everyone who blah blah blah", but really check if you are sitting in someone's tavern for days. Such people are most likely "defunct" in any sense, be it boredom, absense of Internet access, etc., and they are a burden to your friends list.
Also should be allowed to pick the time for your challenge to start as mine finishes and starts again during the time of normal sleep so unless I stay awake I lose about 7-8 hours of the challenge time.
You can change the time when DC starts, check the gear near "time left".
donate of my era goods or preceding one is deal breaker as they are sorely needed and am still trying to accumulate them.
Have a store. Plan Ahead (c) Also you can go for recurring quests that drop extra goods.

DeletedUser10684

I've completed today's challenge, including ninety 5 minute productions. My town now has a blacksmith district. I quit Elvenar because so many of the events relied on produce x productions. If I want an RSI simulator there are many more enjoyable ones out there. Once I get the 7 challenge chest, I'll probably just ignore it in future and only complete challenges when they are good value for time and effort invested.

I fully support the above posts regarding each day's challenges being optional. It would make the system more accessible for the more casual players.

DeletedUser111948

if you kill someone in a duell challenge you will still go to jail :rolleyes:
Historically speaking? No, actually not. There where periods where duels where legal and valid way of solving disputes, especially where honor was concerned. They where later outlawed pretty much everywhere but the history lesson is off topic.
Or do we need more examples to clarify how "challenge" is different from a "task"?

DeletedUser96901

game technically speaking
you accept the challenge rules when you do your first challenge

and before that you won't get a -1

and the challenge rules say: if a challenge is not done you get a -1

Historically speaking?
historically speaking:
the winner of the duel challenge must do another duel (or gets shot from behind)

A challenge is an optional objective, hard but rewarding
it is optional:

because there are actually 2 challenges (2 is better than 1)
1. the daily challenge: you get your chest. no matter what your counter says. that is the daily challenge (can be done daily)
2. the reach 7 points challenge: for that 2nd challenge you get a different chest. (can't be won daily: so it obviously can't be a daily challenge)

so you can do the 1. challenge and don't care about the 2nd
or you can do the 2. challenge and then you have to play to the rule of that challenge

if you don't want to play the 2. challenge simply ignore the counter and only play the 1. challenge
(but not too often or you are accidentally be successful in it)

btw:
you can be happy that they changed the 2. challenge
originally on the beta server it was: finish 7 in a row. if you miss one you start from 0.
and from 6 --> 0 is much worse than from 6 --> 5

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111948

game technically speaking
you accept the challenge rules when you do your first challenge

and before that you won't get a -1

and the challenge rules say: if a challenge is not done you get a -1

historically speaking:
the winner of the duel challenge must do another duel (or gets shot from behind)
Historically? In which country did you see that as a dueling practice?

As for the rest let me refer you back to the post I already made https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/daily-challenges.34509/page-6#post-237291

I think I contributed all I had to this discussion - Inno Games is making to much of a grab on the users time and putting to much pressure for a simple browser city builder. It's not going to work out well in a long run unless they are willing to switch to a more relaxed approach that the audience of browser games expects and prefers.
The "daily challenge" ides has merit and would be cool, if it was executed properly.

DeletedUser110179

Inno Games is making to much of a grab on the users time and putting to much pressure for a simple browser city builder. It's not going to work out well in a long run unless they are willing to switch to a more relaxed approach that the audience of browser games expects and prefers.
Not sure if most people with a mobile would agree with you. People all but live on their mobile ...
any lull in the conversation is sufficient excuse to dive into the digital world.

A PC is rooted to the spot ... a laptop is cumbersome and obtrusive ... while people will happily use their mobile on the loo.

Gaming has steadily increased in popularity (simply because there is more free time) ... so too movies and travel.
Maybe, an abundance in robots and machines have decreased the need for a massive workforce 24/7/365 .

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
@Zanzi the just 55 I'm not speaking "delete everyone who blah blah blah", but really check if you are sitting in someone's tavern for days. Such people are most likely "defunct" in any sense, be it boredom, absense of Internet access, etc., and they are a burden to your friends list.

You can change the time when DC starts, check the gear near "time left".

Have a store. Plan Ahead (c) Also you can go for recurring quests that drop extra goods.
Thanks for the info on changing the time. Sure doesn't look like a gear though and wouldn't have known if not for you(did not see in forum). I do plan ahead and am saving for the Arctic Future era too. I also so recurring quests but sure get a lot of coinage which I certainly do not need. Not that easy to collect goods when your goods buildings get plundered too. I do set a time but cannot be there always. It's not too often though and I know it's a product of the game but frustrating when you go to the person's city and he has no goods buildings, no army barracks, just a stockpile of Rogues and the military he gets from GE and about 50 Watchtowers for defense. He's a plunderer and makes it known. Such is the game. I'm moving ahead and reluctantly used some of my saved goods. Now to see how much bootie I get.

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
Not sure if most people with a mobile would agree with you. People all but live on their mobile ...
any lull in the conversation is sufficient excuse to dive into the digital world.

A PC is rooted to the spot ... a laptop is cumbersome and obtrusive ... while people will happily use their mobile on the loo.

Gaming has steadily increased in popularity (simply because there is more free time) ... so too movies and travel.
Maybe, an abundance in robots and machines have decreased the need for a massive workforce 24/7/365 .
I guess I'm an anachronism as I don't live on my mobile and it isn't glued to my ear or hands. I do the game on a PC or an iPad and use the game for relaxation and something to keep me thinking and keep my mind active. But you are right. Most do live for their mobile and would not give it up for love or money.

DeletedUser110797

Other BIG MINUS, why I need to advance with two quests?
Very BAD move forcing the players to advance.

You are not being forced to advance at all. The requirement was for you to do two other QUESTS. From the outset INNO have said that, among other things, you will not be asked to advance on the tech tree to complete Daily Challenges. The quests referred to are the side quests, recurring quests, the Winter event quests etc.

DeletedUser111147

Just had 2 daily events within 3 days in which the requirements are: First one aquire 3 sectors on the map, second one aquire 4 sectors on the map. which is ok while I am trying to progress the main missions, but if I used them on the bonus maps I would burn through them and have none for main events quests, so keep that in mind if you decide to do them. Once I run out of the main missions, I won't be doing these type of daily challenges if they show up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111589

If you have open province, you'll be required to gain control of sector with ~70% chance (not tested, not proven, just my feel from how long I had DC)

I would much rather they fix the poorly accurate clocks driving the collection times - it's a real drag losing 5 to 7 minutes everyday on collection times. Times are slowly being pushed forward because of poor clock management..

DeletedUser111147

If you have open province, you'll be required to gain control of sector with ~70% chance (not tested, not proven, just my feel from how long I had DC)

There is no requirement that you must take a province, its entirely up to you when and if you take a province, normally governed by the storyline, side or bonus stories, and even then you can sit on those for as long as you want, I have 3 provinces all bonus maps with one sector to take and they have been like that for a few weeks now. I mainly take a province if its goods or expansion related other that I sit on them and use them for events. I dont have the luxury of the auto proc which players get who have completed all eras and all the maps.