Excellent, many thanks.Well...17d 7h 32m left and I only need to unlock 1 last Embassy Advancement (the Pyramid) and complete the last 4 Quests to finish this Settlement...some thoughts:
1) Really not sure why lots of players were complaining a lot about this Settlement: by building 2 X Nubian Archery Range Barracks and by carefully running your Battles within the daily Siege Camps, you can quite easily complete ALL 3 BATTLES with 8 X Nubian Archers are rarely losing more than 3 Units! Even if you lose 3 Nubian Archers, it will cost you 600 Deben to create 3 new Nubian Archers, which you will get from the Embassy anyway every 24H!
2) Deben has NEVER been an issue (over 21k Deben as I write this entry) and, yes, this Settlement takes longer to complete than the Vikings & the Japanese ones...but, man, what a relief it is to not having to collect local currency nearly all the time to cover Cultural Goods Production costs! I remember that I had to go several times a day in my Vikings & the Japanese Settlements each and every day just to get enough Coins to run my Productions...here, you just need to fight properly and you get at least 1100 Loot to run your Productions every 24H
3) I only need 3085 Loot to complete this Settlement (meaning 3 X EASY, MEDIUM & HARD Battles to be completed) and I will be all set! Yes, I agree that some players who do not fight in FoE will struggle with this Settlement so I guess that they can skip this...
4) As far as the Bathhouse is concerned, maybe its rewards will get readjusted, such as what happened with the Yggdrasil last year...or maybe not. Regardless, in my opinion 12 Forge Points from a 3X4 Special Building is quite nice and 10 getting 10 Military Units from every Daily Collection is also quite welcome (to get the equivalent from my current Alcatraz I would have to invest THOUSANDS of Forge Points to get 10 Units...
...yes I know that the Units that you get from a fully leveled Bathhouse are RANDOM but, still, this is great for several players out there! If you do not like the Units that you get, you can use them for your Campaign Maps, in GE, in GBG...or even to use them as Defending Units in your Guild's GvG Sectors!
5) Finally...the Ancient Obelisk...this is, in my opinion, a nice addition if you manage to complete your Settlement in a fast way (which, as you can see here, will be the case)...seriously! At Level 1, it provides 1 Forge Point AND 2% Defense Bonus for your Attacking Units and, at Level 4, you get 2 Forge Points, 6% Defense Bonus for your Attacking Units as well as 4 Random Goods. Yes, lots of people out there are complaining that they would prefer an Attack Bonus, but any serious fighter out there will tell you that no matter how high you bring your Attack Bonus, without a proper Defense Bonus for your Attacking Units, you will end up losing A LOT of Units sooner or later when fights become more difficult (GBG's High Attrition, GE's Level 4, etc.) so players should ALSO focus on this aspect as well in my opinion
I plan on completing this Settlement 10 times, so that I get a fully Leveled Bathhouse, 2 X Level 4 Ancient Obelisk and 1 X Level 2 Ancient Obelisk (which I will use to replace 3 existing Shrine of Knowledge within my city) and gain an additional 14% Defense Boost for my Attacking Units...of course there are better buildings out there that can provide more Defense Boost for Attacking Units per square (such as the Level 1 Sentinel Post) but, here, you gain this simply by logging into your Egyptian Settlement every now and then and...voilà!
View attachment 20824
Might as well leave right now, cause this is where it is going.I've been away from the game for a few weeks because it was just losing all its fun. I've been playing since the game started and it's sad to see how it's been going recently. Firstly the St. Patrick event and now the Egyptians settlement just adds to the monotonous grind. It's not challenging or difficult - it's just tedious. Thank goodness the rewards aren't spectacular. Much more content like this and I'll be off for good.