• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Do you want to win great prizes? Don't forget to check out the current contest here.
  • The Castle System is now open

Kings and Queens, you now have your very own castle for your city. Learn all about our newest feature here!
  • Forge Bowl Event 2022

Alright Teams! Gather your players in the locker room to learn all about Forge Bowl 2022 here!

Cultural Settlement - Mughal Empire - Feedback

Burpo

Sergeant
I would suggest adding another level (Level 5).. upon selection of level 5 the player could choose between a variety of options (attack / defence bonus / goods / forge points (if that tickles your fancy!?!), much like those opportunities presented on Event Buildings.. However the additional bonus would only be triggered if the Minaret was chained to the Settlement Reward (Mughal’s Temple).. Thoughts?
I like this idea because very few people will persevere long enough to get a lvl 5 Minaret :)

Burpo

Sergeant
Hi guys,

This is a hell of a lot harder than the other settlements. It has been a complete headache, and I finally get to the last quest, and you want another 50 of each good and 1500 diplomacy. The only way to get all that is to do the goods first and then get rid of all of it which is going to take over 3 days again. This settlement sucks the fun right out of the game!!!!!
Incorrect! The last quest will take at the most 2 days.
By the time you reach it you will be able to support 5 goods buildings which will produce 100 goods per day in total.
The embassy produces 40 goods per day so in 2 days you will have produced 280 goods (except you only need 200).
That is without any 4x bonus.
Once you have the goods, delete buildings, obtain 1500 diplomacy and done!

realgregski

Private
It's the number Inno quote 20.1 % or chance that a level 4 Flying Island is supposed to have at spawning a settlement shard every 4 hours which on average would work out to be one every 20 hours.
So at 10%, it's not working as intended and possibly a reason players are saying it's a poor rewarding GB. At higher levels, it gets better but not by much.

The new Mughal settlement is nearly as bad, virtually unplayable with the time it takes to do things; shame as it visually looks great!

edit suggestion: Double buildings rupee production and reduce FI shard spawn chance from 4 to 2 hours (adding a few rupees to quests hardly pays for a path at 200 for one piece)
If you were given a dice to play a game and you found it consistently shying away from eg 6s, you'd say it was loaded. This is the same: just because Inno think including some coding that nominally selects a prize 20% of the time doesn't make it 20% - if the darned thing doesn't pay out 20% of the time, then the code is loaded.
Inno are not being held accountable for explaining why their stated probabilities are not seen in the game.

Wolfen61

Private
Anyone else fed up with this pointless exercise? Been doing it since launch and have achieved nothing. If I could delete it I would so it stopped annoying me. Totally pointless creation especially when the Aztec one was actually enjoyable!

Babu Frik

Chief Warrant Officer
This new Settlement is here from Aug 3, 2021, and from then it was many feedback for this delete all buildings like 6x issue, to gather enough Cultural points, because there isnt any other way to complete this settlement. You simply cant gather enough cultural point to open new research or complete quests.

Why this isnt repaired till now? 3 months past already. Can we get any feedback if this will be repaired or not?

Only on my 4th Mughal settlement, and I’m definitely going a lot slower than other settlements that I seemed to have breezed through. I think my main observation is that the cost of the paths is really prohibitive and it discourages from building out the settlement.

I also agree with a previous suggestion that having a 2d view may help with placing strategically, but perhaps only for the first 3 quests. Not sure

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
This new Settlement is here from Aug 3, 2021, and from then it was many feedback for this delete all buildings like 6x issue, to gather enough Cultural points, because there isnt any other way to complete this settlement. You simply cant gather enough cultural point to open new research or complete quests.

Why this isnt repaired till now? 3 months past already. Can we get any feedback if this will be repaired or not?
Probably cause they realised only 1-2% of total people playing FoE is even doing this settlement at all. I don't understand this concept of "lets make each settlement worse then the last". It was hard enough to do Aztec while staying sane to the point that I took like another 2 months on the second last one to be as lazy as possible with it. At least we have Egypt.

2edgy4me

Private
It's like they removed the fun parts of doing settlements and combined all the annoying bits into a single settlement. Probably the worst parts of it so far:
- Rupee building isn't obtained until after the 3x3 house, meaning your only income is houses.
- Fulfilling diplomacy quests means tearing down everything to build diplomacy buildings (but don't delete your roads, they cost money!)
- No daily minigame
- Expensive expansions and goods costs

Art-wise, the settlement is beautiful but holy moly is it a slog to get through.