• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Cultural Settlement - Mughal Empire - Feedback

Burpo

Sergeant
I would suggest adding another level (Level 5).. upon selection of level 5 the player could choose between a variety of options (attack / defence bonus / goods / forge points (if that tickles your fancy!?!), much like those opportunities presented on Event Buildings.. However the additional bonus would only be triggered if the Minaret was chained to the Settlement Reward (Mughal’s Temple).. Thoughts?
I like this idea because very few people will persevere long enough to get a lvl 5 Minaret :)

Burpo

Sergeant
Hi guys,

This is a hell of a lot harder than the other settlements. It has been a complete headache, and I finally get to the last quest, and you want another 50 of each good and 1500 diplomacy. The only way to get all that is to do the goods first and then get rid of all of it which is going to take over 3 days again. This settlement sucks the fun right out of the game!!!!!
Incorrect! The last quest will take at the most 2 days.
By the time you reach it you will be able to support 5 goods buildings which will produce 100 goods per day in total.
The embassy produces 40 goods per day so in 2 days you will have produced 280 goods (except you only need 200).
That is without any 4x bonus.
Once you have the goods, delete buildings, obtain 1500 diplomacy and done!

realgregski

Private
It's the number Inno quote 20.1 % or chance that a level 4 Flying Island is supposed to have at spawning a settlement shard every 4 hours which on average would work out to be one every 20 hours.
So at 10%, it's not working as intended and possibly a reason players are saying it's a poor rewarding GB. At higher levels, it gets better but not by much.

The new Mughal settlement is nearly as bad, virtually unplayable with the time it takes to do things; shame as it visually looks great!

edit suggestion: Double buildings rupee production and reduce FI shard spawn chance from 4 to 2 hours (adding a few rupees to quests hardly pays for a path at 200 for one piece)
If you were given a dice to play a game and you found it consistently shying away from eg 6s, you'd say it was loaded. This is the same: just because Inno think including some coding that nominally selects a prize 20% of the time doesn't make it 20% - if the darned thing doesn't pay out 20% of the time, then the code is loaded.
Inno are not being held accountable for explaining why their stated probabilities are not seen in the game.

Wolfen61

Private
Anyone else fed up with this pointless exercise? Been doing it since launch and have achieved nothing. If I could delete it I would so it stopped annoying me. Totally pointless creation especially when the Aztec one was actually enjoyable!

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
This new Settlement is here from Aug 3, 2021, and from then it was many feedback for this delete all buildings like 6x issue, to gather enough Cultural points, because there isnt any other way to complete this settlement. You simply cant gather enough cultural point to open new research or complete quests.

Why this isnt repaired till now? 3 months past already. Can we get any feedback if this will be repaired or not?

Only on my 4th Mughal settlement, and I’m definitely going a lot slower than other settlements that I seemed to have breezed through. I think my main observation is that the cost of the paths is really prohibitive and it discourages from building out the settlement.

I also agree with a previous suggestion that having a 2d view may help with placing strategically, but perhaps only for the first 3 quests. Not sure

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
This new Settlement is here from Aug 3, 2021, and from then it was many feedback for this delete all buildings like 6x issue, to gather enough Cultural points, because there isnt any other way to complete this settlement. You simply cant gather enough cultural point to open new research or complete quests.

Why this isnt repaired till now? 3 months past already. Can we get any feedback if this will be repaired or not?

Probably cause they realised only 1-2% of total people playing FoE is even doing this settlement at all. I don't understand this concept of "lets make each settlement worse then the last". It was hard enough to do Aztec while staying sane to the point that I took like another 2 months on the second last one to be as lazy as possible with it. At least we have Egypt.

2edgy4me

Private
It's like they removed the fun parts of doing settlements and combined all the annoying bits into a single settlement. Probably the worst parts of it so far:
- Rupee building isn't obtained until after the 3x3 house, meaning your only income is houses.
- Fulfilling diplomacy quests means tearing down everything to build diplomacy buildings (but don't delete your roads, they cost money!)
- No daily minigame
- Expensive expansions and goods costs

Art-wise, the settlement is beautiful but holy moly is it a slog to get through.

azle

Private
Well! Glad that’s over! Finished my last settlement and won’t be going back! I mean the purpose of these settlements is to help the leader build up the settlement yeah!? I literally had nothing But alleys and canals when I finished. Pointless! How bout next settlement you have to have at least one of every building before you can finish, at least then we’re leaving the place in a better state in which we found it!?

PomPoms

Sergeant
Oh man, I am halfway through. I don’t know if I can do this 5 more times. It is just SO painful. I hate tearing down EVERYTHING just to get enough diplomacy to open something, then rebuilding it all. Aztecs was bad, but this one, oh boy, this one is so bad that only profanity could describe it adequately so therefore I cannot say on here exactly what I think of it! But suffice to say, this is in no way an enjoyable addition to the game.

I really, really can not believe you are releasing this the way it plays now, absolutely ridiculous, if you want to be mind-numbingly board, go ahead play it

hint - you need 20 houses to run one production building

good point, beautiful to look at, but if that was all I wanted I would look at a painting

Start 6200r
12 roads = 2400,
2 x 4hr productions = 2000

1800 left for additional roads

Start a day you have plenty of time to build pull down build

Needs 20/21 houses to run 1 rice farm

Quick start? 16 houses, 12 roads, 2 rice fields run 4hr productions in both rice fields

LIiV_Gu3noO8CpOOG7bc8-YdkXqTWsZck_BvT6CNLh7MVXnB6OmxCxSwxNbkdvkjCPSi9nvLfT4otRDhWea1pZaaHlVibcNWPwjhRmWsK7B6v8w5DuKDobTIo-4JgsmPFQr-vUTk

Collect from both rice fields pull one down replace with 2 houses & 2 road

z3XqzDgtgeFvH5-7Frbv3okKhNPH5NrC2qFDj8aHQflTyRNyVOOVYgby4HuhdkuwFMMRhrhEIMuE9jfqjnNE21U64NLT27hJiOHQ-FK1VxVzMwRnIoQpC6J4OqL5e3Dr1OPE9dRF

Now with 18 houses and 14 roads do another 4hr rice production

Pull down houses and move roads and palace in order to fulfil diplomacy quests and unlocking tech

Once you can unlock 1st expansion re jig and place another 3 houses

D-bKVqC71YGrYf1KsLf3tZ5A4hH_aMGmsjygpM4wnGTC09ZJBozIO8wHeqZEoQN-rGKkdU3yEszLsU5-G28IeA1KRWL1ZdQNPH659mo3da7HMXPW2Mmwoq50oCsMZrIf3Vv-uPWq
OMG thank you. this is the validation I came here to find! ...let alone your helpful tips w/ illustrations. I thought I was missing something because this settlement cannot proceed at the pace I came to expect from Vikings, Egyptians, Feudal Japan and Aztecs.

NobleWinter

Private
Hi, I find it very difficult to read the red number of the required goods, particularly 3, 6, 8, 9. possibly a higher contrast background colour is needed, the white is easy enough to read, The red is easier to read in the Vikings Settlement due to the contrasting background colour.

azle

Private
As a player id like to see the cummlative requirement for each resource, as is shown in the Diplomacy column (far right), so that I can see visually how much of each resource is required at the next advancement and then each subsequent advancement thereafter.. Note in the screenshot that a requirement of 25 for pottery is required at the next advancement, and then 66, followed by 3.. Ideally as a player it would be great to see a requirement of 25, and then 91, and 94, clearly highlighting how many I need.. This is particulary useful when trying to advance multiple advancements at the same time..

C2AABF14-D80C-43EB-B22A-245A851BB169.png

azle

Private
As a player id like to see the cummlative requirement for each resource, as is shown in the Diplomacy column (far right), so that I can see visually how much of each resource is required at the next advancement and then each subsequent advancement thereafter.. Note in the screenshot that a requirement of 25 for pottery is required at the next advancement, and then 66, followed by 3.. Ideally as a player it would be great to see a requirement of 25, and then 91, and 94, clearly highlighting how many I need.. This is particulary useful when trying to advance multiple advancements at the same time..

View attachment 24290
Not sure why this has been moved to the Mughal thread when it’s actually based on Egypt.. but hey, I don’t control what the admins do.. I guess this suggestion is relevant for all settlements. I prob should have posted in suggestions and not discussion..

Knight of ICE

Not sure why this has been moved to the Mughal thread when it’s actually based on Egypt.. but hey, I don’t control what the admins do.. I guess this suggestion is relevant for all settlements. I prob should have posted in suggestions and not discussion..

Cause like you say the suggestion is relevant for all settlements.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Yesterday I started my first playthrough of this settlement because I was curious what it is like, and I have to ask: Who thought this was a good idea?

I built 2 Rice Paddies and did a 4-hour production in each, then removed one and replaced it with more houses because I did not have the money to support more than one.

Then I looked at the advancements:
First advancement: 5 Basmatis
Second: 20 Basmatis
Third: 41 Basmatis + 9 Sarees
Fourth: 0 Basmatis +85 Sarees
Total cultural goods needed: 160

But due to how the costs are spread I need 14 4-hour productions for Basmatis and 19 4-hour productions for Sarees. Most players will likely do 3 or 4 4-hour productions and 1 8-hour production per day, so about a week just for the advancements. Then there's the cost of expansions...

Overall it takes about a week to unlock the Chhatri (the fourth advancement). Until you unlock it the houses, the daily collection from the Embassy, and the occasional quest reward, are the ONLY sources of money. Thus you check in once every four hours, collect from your houses and Rice Paddy, start a 4-hour production, and go away for another four hours, because there's nothing else to do in the settlement. Watching paint dry will be both faster and more fun!

The second type of house you unlock is not better when it comes to money. Two of the starting houses take 8 squares and produce 2x51 every 4 hours, so 204 every 8 hours. The second type of house is 9 squares (3x3) and produces 206 every 8 hours. An increase of 2 Rupees every 8 hours! Amazing! /sarcasm

I got lucky to get x4 on my very first 8-hour production, so 30 extra goods (one day of waiting less), but the majority of players won't be so lucky.

And don't get me started on the need to demolish everything except roads in order to get enough diplomacy, and then rebuild everything once you have unlocked what you needed...

Overall this is the most boring of the five current settlements. Seriously, who thought this was a good idea?