• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Crystal Villas Rebalancing

DeletedUser109762

This is just complete BS Inno, you cant keep making these massive mistakes, and changing the goal-post, and expect loyal players to keep taking it on the chin.

The Crystal villa is NOT over-powered, I have 15 villas and 3 other residential buildings, so 18 in all (no pop GBs). Most other city in ages ME upwards, without pop GBs have around the 15 - 18 residential buildings - to me that seems balanced.

So in effect you are penalising AFE players, to make their cities less powerful, I can only assume this will continue into into OE, at which point most of your long standing players will leave - BRILLIANT IDEA INNO !!!!!

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Let's face it, not many of us are going to leave. This only affects the top players,; we've all seen this kind of farce before and we kept on playing. It will take me a couple of days to rearrange my city, and my closest competitors will be doing the same. My position in the standings is very unlikely to change, and the diamond buildings I deleted will be repaid. To me, at most, this is just an inconvenience. If I have slightly fewer factories or army buildings at the end of it, I know my competitors are likely to be in the same position. Any loss of attack stats I suffer can be made up for by using the tavern bonuses.

To give Inno some credit, at least they are offering compensation to players who deleted diamond residential buildings. This is a first in my experience, so perhaps they are learning.

Also, I think the mods have done all they can in this situation, and I can see no reason to vent our frustrations at them.

DeletedUser109762

Inno...learning ??? This is only their second rebalancing, ie they have just learnt they can do it, and willing to do it again and again, and not use the beta server for testing, just implement whatever changes they want, whenever.
"Just an inconvenience" ?? You mean ripping out the equivalent 22,000 pop worth of goods and military, to get pop back to zero, then rebuilding and redesigning my entire city, when Inno refused to address any complaints from beta, just pressed on rebalancing completely unchanged.

Virtually two days completely out of action, unbelievable ?? For a mistake Inno have made, and all I get is some lame apology ??EDIT: Actually longer than two days, because I will need to rebuild residential buildings first, then rebuild goods and military buildings, so maybe four days ??

Credit to Inno for refunded deleted premium buildings ??? For a rebalancing decision they made, ie THEIR MISTAKE ?? it would have been completely outrageous if they didnt - that is the bare necessity of they should have done.

And my competitors that are in AFE, but not yet researched Crystal villas (or built any villas), can press on, no changes at all !!! No impact ??? BS

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12400

While I understand the frustration & think some unofficial information could be shared, I see why Inno can't make any official announcements until it's confirmed because in beta everything is subject to change. It took a long time and It’s just a bad timing with holidays. I know it's extremely unpleasant, but nothing can be done. I personally am very glad that players will get their Sea-Scrapers back and for everyone else like Frank Sinatra sings: "That's Life".

I know that some of you might write that it was 100% obvious.. Well not for mods and without confirmation we can't do much. I tried my best to inform forum users and I know that it was not enough but I tired.

DeletedUser109762

This had nothing to do with mods, the issue is Inno, the changes they make to a live server before properly testing new additions/developments to the game, in the beta server they have, but refuse to use, for its proper purpose.

DeletedUser

]I tried my best to inform forum users and I know that it was not enough but I tired.
You just tried to wash your hands from this sh*t didnt you lol just messing anyway issue is devs not mods and thanks for mentioning about changes and telling others to share as well I think you were the only mod lol

DeletedUser98235

Any kind of warning would have been good for me - it was precisely in that period that I replaced Mobile Homes with Crystal Villas. I would have left well enough alone until I knew what was happening.

DeletedUser10055

This crap,as stated previously, is typical of Inno.....clearly the developers are stupid or incompetent, or a combination of both.....I'm now faced with a negative population of about 20,000 .....sold premium building to fit these in along with Atomium GB........now to be told to redesign the city is bull sh*te .....I can now see why so many players are leaving the game.....

Just as well the morons don't have a proper jobs......God forbid they ever work in the real world where cock-ups cost lives and money.......opps sorry....they don't seem to care about other peoples money !

DeletedUser109096

Do you snowflakes think Inno reading your complaints:? Just keep complaining to each other...you may feel better... That was a brilliant nerfing:P And who cares if you lot leave the game? Inno focusing on new players!

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
.....I can now see why so many players are leaving the game.....

As I said before, I doubt that many will leave over this.

Don't get me wrong - I agree that Inno have been very unprofessional about this.

I am a software developer (40 years experience) - the devs should have got this right BEFORE IT HIT BETA, let alone letting it go live. Alpha testing should be done in house before letting it out to beta testers. This has clearly not happened. There is no excuse, and everyone's anger at this (and other issues before this) is fully justified.

But...

I will keep playing because this is without doubt the best browser game in existence. I have already planned for the coming update, and redesigning my city is one of the things I enjoy about this game.

Inno is a business - a successful one at that. OK, they got this horribly wrong, but it is important for them to keep the money coming in. Understanding this is important; don't complain about Inno trying to sell diamonds, because if they didn't, I couldn't play for free.

I am not going to get angry over this. We will all get over it like we did over the other mistakes. Inno will get things wrong in the future and we will all moan again. The forum moderators will do their best to explain what's going on, and some people will abuse them for it. I hope they pay no attention.

tldr - We'll get over it - Hopefully Inno will improve - It's not the mods fault!

DeletedUser106696

and that was good of you... thank you Overtype.

However, seeing that we get a trumpet every time any of Inno's social media clowns "produces" some garbage on Instagram, I have to agree with the previous poster that ***Inno's*** (not yours) information on this "mistake" was abysmal - there would have been much better options to warn players in December.
You cannot expect the player community to check every forum post before deciding what to build and what to sell on the off-chance that Inno decides to change released content.

DeletedUser14914

I have an Idea : WHY DON`T INNOGAMES JUST SAY "hey we made a slight error , it works out well in the players favour , why dont we just leave it as it is ?? " , THAT WOULD MAKE 1000 TIMES MORE SENSE , , WOULDNT YOU ALL AGREE , ESPECIALLY FOR PEOPLE THAT HAD ALREADY BUILT SEVERAL OF THEM , MY CITY IS TOTALLY CRAPPO NOW , THANKS TO THE NEED TO REORGANISE IT , AND DISPOSE OF THESE CRYSTAL VILLA`S , INNOGAMES SHOULD HAVE JUST THROWN THEIR HANDS IN TE AIR AND SAID OH WELL , WE MESSED UP , THERE YOU GO PLAYERS , ENJOY

DeletedUser14914

and that was good of you... thank you Overtype.

However, seeing that we get a trumpet every time any of Inno's social media clowns "produces" some garbage on Instagram, I have to agree with the previous poster that ***Inno's*** (not yours) information on this "mistake" was abysmal - there would have been much better options to warn players in December.
You cannot expect the player community to check every forum post before deciding what to build and what to sell on the off-chance that Inno decides to change released content.
AND ,,, WHY OH WHY wont they give us the option to at least leave / delete those trumpet threads , most of the time they are irrelevant anyway , or insignificant to say the least , as you say its mostly about crap on instagram or facebook or some rubbish , LET US LEAVE / DELETE THEM

The game is going to be "Re-Balanced" from this point forward and you can count on that. I've seen it before with other games and I'm seeing it now with this game. It's all about catering to the weak, lazy players that are jealous of the long term players and want to be able to do in a few months what the rest of us have done in years.

DeletedUser108379

It would have been easy to see this imbalance before implementing the houses. A short calculation would have shown it at once. The the question is: Why did they not look at the stats? Is this not part of the implementing process? Of making new items? Was that done so far only because the devs thought, oh, that stats looks nice? How can such a mistake happen at all?

Well even devs are human and humans do mistakes. But just after the cristall villas were released on beta there was posted by the players that those villas look a bit too good. At least at that time INNO should have realised the mistake and made a readjustment there and then. The villas should have never gone live with those stats. But they did. Second mistake of INNO.

For every Arctic player it was the right decision to build those villas, because they gave the most of all houses.
And now INNO simply says, we have to change the stats and you, the players, will just have to live with that?

What will happen in future?
I know players who will now not enter a new age. First wait till all the adjustments have been made. What does that mean for INNO? Less diamonds sales, because players who have time to prepare for a new age in advance to need less diamonds.
I think the way INNO dealt with their mistake was a bad move, from an emotional point and from an economical point also.

DeletedUser10055

Why has the tread been Locked ?

Is that Inno have screwed all the players that build them ...and don't care ??? Yes is the simple answer......sold premium building to make space for the Beta tested buildings.....

Good.. .I hope all players sit up and realise Inno don’t care about their longstanding players [ they are the only ones effected of course]

I lost a GB and premium buildings on the strengths of these new houses…..do Inno care ? do they?

Just goes to show … Loyalty means nothing to this bunch ……

Instead of annoying god knows how many players….they could easily offer compensation by way of diamond, FP’s or even upgrading GB’s with population boosts…..did they ???? of course not…..why … because they don’t care about the players!

Why don’t they care …….because they are money grabbing low life’s!

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

General
Hi folks :)

We realise feelings are running high on this issue. Firstly please rest assured that your feedback will be forwarded (including that posted in other threads before this one was started, such as the one PIESFATHEAD refers to above).

Please also remember that this is a family friendly forum and that our rules prohibit swearing, so please try to make your points on this issue without resorting to swearing or insults, thank you ;)

DeletedUser106696

Hi folks :)

We realise feelings are running high on this issue. Firstly please rest assured that your feedback will be forwarded (including that posted in other threads before this one was started, such as the one PIESFATHEAD refers to above).

Please also remember that this is a family friendly forum and that our rules prohibit swearing, so please try to make your points on this issue without resorting to swearing or insults, thank you ;)

I just wished the game was still as family friendly... but now we're producing coca, and "earn" 30 pieces of silver... ever tried to explain those to a 5-year old who tries to "help" granny ... Personally I think a bit of bad language for a pretty bad foul-up is currently one of the minor issues on the "family friendly stakes" :mad: