• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Creating a Thread

• Thread starter DeletedUser110857
  • Start date

DeletedUser110857

Could someone please tell me how to "create" or "add" a thread for a guild member? Thanks in advance for any help! GG

DeletedUser110857

Within my guild. Someone deleted their connection by mistake, and has asked that I add them back in threa. Would also like to know how to create a thread so I can set one up for FP swap in my guild.

Vesiger

Monarch
To add a player to an existing thread you need to have 'admin rights' over the thread (not the same thing as being a guild admin). Unless you are the one who created the thread in the first place, or unless the player who created the thread specifically edited the default settings to allow other people to have control over the thread, you probably can't add anyone to it.

To create a thread you just start a new PM and list everyone in the guild as recipients.

DeletedUser110857

Thanks a lot. I do have admin rights, just never knew how to create a thread. Our leader took a break and went off to fight with his mates, and here I am trying to find out how to do some things I have never had to do before! Very much appreciate your kind assistance. Cheers, GG

Vesiger

Monarch
Unfortunately being a guild admin doesn't let you add recipients to other people's threads - in my guild we had to abandon a couple of threads because the player who originally created them went inactive and none of us could update them with new members!

DeletedUser112027

Could someone please tell me how to "create" or "add" a thread for a guild member? Thanks in advance for any help! GG

Hey bud. If you can get your founder to give you founder status then you will have full power to run your Club. Good luck mate.

E.

Vesiger

Monarch
Hey bud. If you can get your founder to give you founder status then you will have full power to run your Club. Good luck mate.
Even that won't help him add participants to a thread created by someone else, though (speaking as a founder member!)

DeletedUser112027

Even that won't help him add participants to a thread created by someone else, though (speaking as a founder member!)

Huh. Thanks for the clarification. I thought a Founder had all Admin rights. Cheers.

E.

DeletedUser112027

Not when it comes to threads. There the person starting it has admin rights. He needs to give those to others.

Yeah. Makes sense. I didn't think it through. As a leader (but not founder) I always asked for admin rights to all Guild Threads so that I could update them when I was on.

Same subject but different question, can a thread be deleted ?

You can leave a thread, and then it doesn't show up in your list anymore. I assume anyone still in the list can see it until they leave it. Not sure if they reply if you still get something. If everyone leaves it- is that a good as deleting? Truly, I would think it always lives, on some server, somewhere, in perpetuity.

Grandolman

Private
Thanks. Leaving a thread deletes it from your own in box yes, it still appears to anyone not leaving but I was hoping to delete it from everyone if I could. :-( It was just that I started a vacation thread in my guild and someone put a trade request in it. Um? Oh well. ... just trying to keep things a bit tidy :-)

Shad23

Emperor
to get rights for that thread , if you are still in contact with player who created thread you can as that player to give you the rights

DeletedUser111430

E.
Hey ! Be aware that if you are a Founder and you appoint another Founder that new founder can remove your Founder status!!

DeletedUser99692

Can I say if you have a question about threads or guild rights we are always willing to help. We cannot interfere in guild management however.

Basically the one who creates a thread has the initial admin rights to that thread. To give someone the admin rights click/tap the icon in the top right when the thread is viewed then Adjust group. At the end of each persons name is a star with a strike through. Just tap or click that to give them admin rights. To close a thread remove all the recipients by tap or click on the tab next to the star. Be warned if you open the icon in the top left of your message centre the Leave all does exactly that you will be out of all messages.