• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (Continent) Scout Completion Confirmation

• Thread starter DeletedUser111351
  • Start date

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser111351

Proposal:
Force users to complete scouting missions manually.

Reason:
Finishing a scouting run can trigger several things. It unlocks a new place on the map, obviously, but it can also trigger quest completion/advancement and event requirements. Scouting gets progressively longer and longer for each mission (to the point of multiple days). These scouting runs are often requirements in events, yet the entire event may be only a week in length. If one launches a scouting mission, it is also impossible to check on its progress or do any other tasks in the overland map without potentially completing the scouting mission. Or if one inadvertently clicks the wrong menu button they can open the overland map and cause completion at the wrong time as well.

Basically, scouting is a massive event on its own with very little user control which can also potentially block other content or trigger content earlier than what a player intends.

Details:
Leave everything with scouting as it is with the exception of the very end. When a scout finally reaches his destination, he sits there (potentially with a large green checkmark over him) like a finished quest. As with a quest, a player finishes it, but then must go to the quest view and actually click the button to approve and finish the process. It is therefore the player's choice when to finish the quest.

Scouting should work the same. A scout finishes. He sits and waits, while notifying the player that he is finished. The player then chooses when to click on the scout and confirm/complete his mission.

Visual Aids:
None at present.

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
This plan gives the player better control over the flow of the game. It allows him to still interact with the overland map and do other tasks without risking triggering events from a completed scouting. There is no need for any abuse oversight related to this change if it is implemented.

joesoap

Major-General
+1
i would love this, viewing a questline before an event starts & seeing that the 1st map action is scouting i usually try to send the scout a few days before the event starts, i play multiple worlds & occasionally i cant get the scout sent in all worlds but then i cant open any maps to check if hes scouting incase its a world where i did send the scout & he has finished, i know i could be more organised & make a note of where i'm scouting but sometimes RL just gets in the way & causes a distraction

DeletedUser110195

This is a far better solution to the scout a province problem than cancelling the mission. This allows it to finish without wasting the quest credit it gives.

+1

DeletedUser110179

google_plus_one_-plus-1_flag.png
Very nice indeed !

Vesiger

Monarch
+1 - having the scout auto-complete as soon as you open the continent map makes life difficult now that we have so many events that include a scout-a-province requirement.

DeletedUser113145

-1 it makes the game easier...

Not controlling when the scout ends makes the game difficult. The game must be difficult and require strategy. I plan my scouting in term of timings, I enjoy the strategic thinking.

DeletedUser

Not controlling when the scout ends makes the game difficult. The game must be difficult and require strategy. I plan my scouting in term of timings, I enjoy the strategic thinking.

You can already control when scouting ends. You just need avoid opening the continent map. This idea would make it more difficult to finish scouting by mistake when you try to unfold the left menu on the app, but end up tapping on the button for the continent map.

DeletedUser111589

Unfortunately, that avoiding map button can be a hindrance when wanting to check PvP tower. Plus, on app, tapping map instead of research happens far too often. (My phone is almost the size of my hand from wrist to top of middle finger, so size isn't a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.