• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Combat AI improvements (1.02)

DeletedUser5180

forgeofempiresindavictom.png

i just cant figure out how you managed this lol

DeletedUser8813

the answer is easy to make it a level playing field, get rid of the dam castles that give huge bonuses to those who have them, then watch the fights increase as people will have a chance to beat anyone so long as they have the troops and if they dont then at least they can have a goal to aim to get better troops : )

as it stands by the time someone gets to be able to use f,guns there out of luck as the rest of the top players will have now have all ind units plus bonus so its just daft as it is.

like i said the only skill involved is how long have you been around. if a long time then you will have all the major things and no one will have a chance of ever beating you as your to far ahead in the game.

the answer is simple .... gbs have been around for some time now and even a lazy player should have got them selves enough bps to build a few.
i polish an average of 110 people a day.i only plunder those with no defense.there are only about 7 of them in my hood.
i have full sets maybe 2 full sets of gbs i have already built.and i have bps for ones i havnt built and probably wont..so there is no excuse for not having any unless you are a new player .and "that" you are not.
and of course players that have been around for the longest are going to have the advantage,this only stands to reason...these players have earned the advantage..or do you expect to be able to compete with everyone one your first day.
even with my boosts i have to think a bit now not just load 7 fg or breech and 1 gren hit auto complete to bash the hood.

DeletedUser10694

.... I polish an average of 110 people a day.i only plunder those with no defense.there are only about 7 of them in my hood. i have full sets maybe 2 full sets of gbs ..................

That's pretty much how I got all my gbs, well zeus/lighthouse and Aachen. If your prepared to put in the effort, and that's what it really comes down to, to get the BPs, you will benefit in the long run. Though I will say that after trying for over 4 weeks to get my last bp for lighthouse, I bought the damn thing in the end. Sooooo frustrating.

DeletedUser3220

well taking artillery is almost pointless now. If the enemy has more artillery than you do then you may as well withdraw straight away because you wont have any left by the end. same if you have muskets/riflemen and they have cavalry - withdraw or the will all die. so the only no brainer choice is jeager infantry now.

DeletedUser3157

YOU DON'T GET THE POINT !

I was strictly commenting on that particular thing you said... that is enough to be really good...

So you can be as active or as good as you want... if you have players with high defense and you don't have military GB's you can't clear the hood.

do I have to try again to explain to get my point? or you will continue to ask "I mean u must have done smth very wrong if u have no military bonuses" that was never the point.

Don't think u could have won 300% defense bonus guys with old AI as well without any bonus on ur own. Actually atm u even can until they fix the short range AI. I'm just telling a basic concept and you take a line from it and apply some extreme and unlikely circumstances on it trying to prove it is suddenly then not valid. Of course you can do that, but that is just meaningless quibble, whats the point there..

DeletedUser8793

U don't need to see a topic in bugs forum. You know to contact the support ingame?

and this answer is from the CCM of this forum.
We are aware of the issue and are actively working on a repair.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

U don't need to see a topic in bugs forum. You know to contact the support ingame?

and this answer is from the CCM of this forum.
We are aware of the issue and are actively working on a repair.

So what you are saying is that the CCM has said directly to you (but not to anyone else) that there is an "issue" (note that the word "bug" was not used) and because of this you are telling people that they should not use stealth units in a manner they were intended to be used (i.e. hiding them in trees).

Sorry, but even though a bug report may have been filed this does not mean that it is confirmed as a bug (especially not when the CCM only said that it is an "issue" and there is no public announcement on this) so until that time I will wait until there is something more than hearsay.

I do not remember any bug reports or such warnings in the old AI when people used Grenadiers to absorb damage - this is in exactly the same category.

DeletedUser8793

I think u can use your brain... and than you must know thats a bug if no Unit attack you if you are in Woods. And thats with only 1-2 Units in a fight against 8 IA Units = Bugusing

DeletedUser

So what you are saying is that the CCM has said directly to you (but not to anyone else) that there is an "issue" (note that the word "bug" was not used) and because of this you are telling people that they should not use stealth units in a manner they were intended to be used (i.e. hiding them in trees).

Sorry, but even though a bug report may have been filed this does not mean that it is confirmed as a bug (especially not when the CCM only said that it is an "issue" and there is no public announcement on this) so until that time I will wait until there is something more than hearsay.

I do not remember any bug reports or such warnings in the old AI when people used Grenadiers to absorb damage - this is in exactly the same category.

Yeah I wouldn't worry about it, they'll fix it eventually. Until then, beating whole armies with one guy is fun stuff lol Everyone should try it!

DeletedUser13805

the answer is simple .... gbs have been around for some time now and even a lazy player should have got them selves enough bps to build a few.
i polish an average of 110 people a day.i only plunder those with no defense.there are only about 7 of them in my hood.
i have full sets maybe 2 full sets of gbs i have already built.and i have bps for ones i havnt built and probably wont..so there is no excuse for not having any unless you are a new player .and "that" you are not.
and of course players that have been around for the longest are going to have the advantage,this only stands to reason...these players have earned the advantage..or do you expect to be able to compete with everyone one your first day.
even with my boosts i have to think a bit now not just load 7 fg or breech and 1 gren hit auto complete to bash the hood.

like i say if you want real game of skill then take up chess as you can beat anyone without the need for boosts you just need skill. if you dont have that skill you will lose. not like here any idiot can get loads of castle boost and then run around beating weaker players and think there a real skilful player.

DeletedUser10694

like i say if you want real game of skill then take up chess as you can beat anyone without the need for boosts you just need skill. if you dont have that skill you will lose. not like here any idiot can get loads of castle boost and then run around beating weaker players and think there a real skilful player.

:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

desypete,
you would have a better point if GBs weren't available to everyone. I am not sure how that was even a response to anything he said (or at least not what you quoted). Do you refuse to change pawns into queens when you play chess?

DeletedUser8813

you seem to have a real chip on your shoulder..i spend many hours a day playing chess online.chess give you the chance to promote pawns ,this game gives you buildings to strengthen your troops ..much the same really..so who's fault is it if players are not willing to take advantage of this .certainly not mine . i was fighting my way through the map and bashing the hood well before the gbs came into existence.i was well ahead in the maps battles and the hood was bashed daily,gbs just made it easier.
any one that is not new to the game and still has no gbs has only themselves to blame .

DeletedUser13805

you seem to have a real chip on your shoulder..i spend many hours a day playing chess online.chess give you the chance to promote pawns ,this game gives you buildings to strengthen your troops ..much the same really..so who's fault is it if players are not willing to take advantage of this .certainly not mine . i was fighting my way through the map and bashing the hood well before the gbs came into existence.i was well ahead in the maps battles and the hood was bashed daily,gbs just made it easier.
any one that is not new to the game and still has no gbs has only themselves to blame .

you seem to have a real chip on your shoulder.

no i dont. in many of my worlds i dont use castles and i win ca towers downwards, and get more medals than the ones chasing the ind age tower : )
in my main world i do have castles as i have to have them to compete. but it doesnt make me a skilful player as i know the weaker ones dont have a chance and never will have a chance as i am so far ahead of them.

in chess i normal finish a game off without the need for a second queen. but i dont see the point your trying to make by compareing getting a second queen. compared to having castles ? you will not get a second queen agaisnt real skilful players they will stop it happening because they have skill

the point being is that people think because they have been here since time began and they have all the boosts going etc that there great players but they dont see the huge unfair advantage they have over anyone else the only people who can get a look in to win are people who have been here just as long.
the new system will discorage even more now all new players as its just so hard for them to get started

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
It's simple...

Without players buying diamonds (I don't) there would be no game. Get over it.

Players who put in more time (I do) are strong. Get over it.

DeletedUser5514

In my oppinion, thats not a bug... if units are invisible to distance range attacks it means they cannot be seen by those units, thus those units are dead meat against them. Its all about strategy, dont dare defend yourself just with rifleman, since you will be crushed by only one jaeger.

Yeah I wouldn't worry about it, they'll fix it eventually. Until then, beating whole armies with one guy is fun stuff lol Everyone should try it!

DeletedUser7719

More stupidity, AI are focused just to reach the other side: try getting any unit that can outrun an armored infantry, you'll notice if you pass him (and he can't reach you to attack), he still progress forward even if there's nothing on the other side.

DeletedUser

Praeceptor, diamonds don't even come into it though. He is saying it is unfair for people to build GBs even though every single player can do this without diamonds. I don't understand what he is saying is unfair about this. If I choose not to build any military buildings because I want more gold, is it unfair when someone plunders me?