• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Combat AI improvements (1.02)

DeletedUser8793

seeing that post made me think oh wait i have a sector with 50% boost that has 6 rifles and 2 breechloaders i might give that a go..
went in with 2 jaegers (got scared) went and parked them in the trees .not one of them attempted to attack the 2 jaegers just sat in the trees and picked them of..12980 points to start the evening of before i went and done the hood bashing .bit of a glitch there

It's now a reported bug... it's better you don't use it more.

We are aware of the issue and are actively working on a repair.

DeletedUser8793

Yes. But that means around 20 to 25 battles a day, maybe a bit more if you have lots of spare land. If it were balanced better that could go up to 40 to 50 a day of intelligent battles. Which would you prefer and which keeps peoples interest in coming back into the game more frequently? The game has to appeal to a wide audience. those who only have a few hours a day to those who have all day or many opertunities to play in the day and evening.

Sorry but thats wrong... I can fight more than 70 fights each day with 14 Barracks. Current fights this week 280/4 = 70 and the update 1.02 is now out since 23.05.2013 on testservers.

DeletedUser10694

Sorry but thats wrong... I can fight more than 70 fights each day with 14 Barracks. Current fights this week 280/4 = 70 and the update 1.02 is now out since 23.05.2013 on testservers.

So that figure includes nearly 3 days of old AI, 2 now for new ai? What attack/defense bonus's do you have and are you using colonial/industrial troops?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8793

I'm IA and Bonus of 150% ^^ but I have in my neighborhood player with more than 250 defence so I need this boost...

and no... I play this complete week against the new AI ;)

sure I can say... WoW thats great, but really? I don't need to fight the last 2 days and noone can get the IA Tower... I'm in lead with 1.5 Million points and the second place has 750.000 points... less.

Greetings...

DeletedUser10694

I'm IA and Bonus of 150% ^^ but I have in my neighborhood player with more than 250 defence so I need this boost...

and no... I play this complete week against the new AI ;)

sure I can say... WoW thats great, but really? I don't need to fight the last 2 days and noone can get the IA Tower... I'm in lead with 1.5 Million points and the second place has 750.000 points... less.

Greetings...

lol. Well I'm sure something will get tweaked in next few weeks to make it more balanced. I have been watching the 3 towers and the gap between high bonus players is over double that of non or very little bonus's. So the same three people will inevitably take top 3 places. The overall number of battles being played now in all those towers seems to have dropped by around 40%, some players that used to be very active and give me a run for my money have played as few as 23 battles in nearly two days, some of the less active ones but ones who still played haven't changed battle numbers at all. I'm looking forward next weeks towers to see how busy they are, or if they will just have about 2 proper players in HMA/LMA and 5 in colonial. And all those other medal slot below going to sector map players and very casual 5 or 10 battles a day have a go types. Today is the first day I haven't even been attack. Well not yet, but usually by now there have been 3 to 4.

DeletedUser

I have been watching the 3 towers and the gap between high bonus players is over double that of non or very little bonus's. So the same three people will inevitably take top 3 places. The overall number of battles being played now in all those towers seems to have dropped by around 40%, some players that used to be very active and give me a run for my money have played as few as 23 battles in nearly two days, some of the less active ones but ones who still played haven't changed battle numbers at all.
Couple of points:
1. It make sense that players who invested in offensive GB's get much higher score, because after some point the bonus add's up to extra hits their unit can take and/or less hits they need to inflict, which gives them a huge advantage. I am not certain why you are surprised that those players that put in ~thousand FP into offensive GB receive such a bonus.
2. There are two sides to each coin. For example what you said about lowered battle numbers, which you consider negative I find positive i.e. because I prefer skill based, not activity based tournament.

DeletedUser8813

No matter what is done some will hate it some will love it.
those that want the easy points will hate that it is now a little harder to win those easy points,that being said in a week or so they will find the combo that allows the easy points again.
for me i like the way it is now a bit harder,although it is very silly some times in the way it uses troops as previous posts have stated.
i can still get through my whole hood and do several map battles as well.(i am not rushing through them) as the hood battles are still a little mind numbing(no offense meant guys and gals)
the only change i had to make was to specialize in one lot of troops as to ,to do both CA and INA towers would mean too big an investment in troops.(though it would not be impossible to maintain just not for me)

and i have 130%att/def boosts and 240%def boost.

the points are still out there you just need to adapt and reach for them,nobody will pass them to you.

DeletedUser13805

because I prefer skill based, not activity based tournament.

i had to laugh at this comment ^^, how on earth can you class it as skill if you have huge boosted troops ?
the skill part is winning fights with no aids, that would soon sort the real winners out.
as it stands if you have been around a long time you will have the advantage.
the new system is in my opinion going to see a huge drop in the numbers of fighters, like it has already been said it will be interesting to see the next weeks results and how many can still fight. or even try ?

DeletedUser

It's still skill based. If both players have the same amount of activity, the one with a higher skill will gain more points than the one with a lower skill level.

DeletedUser7719

Still a three-way fight in my hood; rank 6, 8, and 60 (me!) are all in the 1.2 mil (battle points) now. I'm probably gonna lose since I can never get any fights in on Sunday :(

DeletedUser10694

It's still skill based. If both players have the same amount of activity, the one with a higher skill will gain more points than the one with a lower skill level.

I prefer skill based with the same amount of battles I used to do in a day, around 50+ to keep my interest. Why should that not be possible also without needing a massive increase in land capacity to acomodate around a 30% increase in barracks? And it's not quite the case that if both have same level of activity. The one with the higher bonuses will have an advantage. but that's not unreasonable really. You can't expect to beat players of same age who have invested in GB's to assist there battles. Bit like real world, those armies with the most up to date armor and weapons will usually come off better.

DeletedUser

i had to laugh at this comment ^^, how on earth can you class it as skill if you have huge boosted troops ?
the skill part is winning fights with no aids, that would soon sort the real winners out.
How on earth can you class it skill if you have better troop combo or just more troops to win extra points each day... You forget this is not just a combat sim, but an empire builder that spans over several eras. You win fights with whatever tools you invested in (troops number, verity or aids).

as it stands if you have been around a long time you will have the advantage.
unfortunately yes, but I don't see how it relevant here. Making it easier to spam battles doesn't solve the issue, only allow people who have too much time on their hands to cheat their way up the ladder (like diamond players, after all time is money ;) )

DeletedUser10694

.......... Making it easier to spam battles doesn't solve the issue, only allow people who have too much time on their hands to cheat their way up the ladder (like diamond players, after all time is money ;) )

I don't understand how having more time to dedicate to the game than others can be called "cheating" there way up. If you have the hours to put in and persevere with battles to win medals then that seems reasonable. I keep seeing this word spam neighborhood thrown around which infers fighting many battles is basically spam. If my city was attacked by 50 people 50 times a day so what? It doesn't actually cost me anything other than some entertainment watching the playbacks of those who retreated & learning how people do battles to help make mine more effective. It's only not nice if they take your GOODS. But in my world 95% take nothing, they just play for the challenge and move on, 4% take some coins or produce and the rest goods if they are lucky enough to get me while I'm not able to collect them. After all, if there were no risks of having your goods plundered then why would you even bother to put a defense up? That would surely kill PvP then. As for diamond users, you seem to forget that it is they who fund the games development & maintenance so you can play for free, but will have to wait longer to reach the benefits they enjoy for doing so. You should also bare in mind that it is those who have the hours to spend in the game that are more likely to spend money on the game and its future, and are also generally the ones who stay loyal to a game and contribute most to its longevity & popularity.

DeletedUser

The AI is in some ways better and in other ways not that good... especially not for controlling short range units who should rush forward firing all guns blazing but instead like to sit on a mountain at the back out of range; and since heavy units seem to like to cluster round short range units then they end up sitting at the back as well (which makes both types quite easy to pick off using long range).

Stealth is another issue - the AI makes good use of stealth for moving its own units but does not engage a player's stealthed unit with ranged troops. Making some battles ridiculously easy...

forgeofempiresindavictom.png

DeletedUser

I like the 'new' Ai, and just wanted to thank the FoE team, for making life a little more interesting :D

DeletedUser17220

I like the new AI, but like some others in this thread, i think we need to change a few things about pvp to keep it interesting. I believe the AI can be even improved more very easily. Just make it control the troops in the most annoying way to hurt the attackers. but does it make the game any better? no. The farmers will just sit and laugh at the attackers while they enjoy watching the battle replays not even played by them, and the attackers will get annoyed and quit the game. It's not fun to fight someone (or in this case, the AI) who will not lose any units after a battle and whose goal is just to inflict damage to others. It will only kill pvp.

I think a good solution is to add a spy button after a successful attack that allow you to know what defense troops are before the next battle. The players can only choose one from plundering or employing a spy, so in a way this will also encourage people to do better battles instead of plundering others.

Also to let us move units between barracks will also help a lot to keep pvp alive.

DeletedUser3157

Just be really good? :)

Try defeating 4 Lancers and 4 Howitzers with 300% defense (even ~200% might me more than enough). :p

is easy... just disconnect your attack GB's :D

That is too much to beat without military GBs yes, but srsly if u have someone in hood at 300% defense and u got no military bonuses of ur own then who's fault that really is and why should u be able to defeat him :D

DeletedUser13805

That is too much to beat without military GBs yes, but srsly if u have someone in hood at 300% defense and u got no military bonuses of ur own then who's fault that really is and why should u be able to defeat him :D

the answer is easy to make it a level playing field, get rid of the dam castles that give huge bonuses to those who have them, then watch the fights increase as people will have a chance to beat anyone so long as they have the troops and if they dont then at least they can have a goal to aim to get better troops : )

as it stands by the time someone gets to be able to use f,guns there out of luck as the rest of the top players will have now have all ind units plus bonus so its just daft as it is.

like i said the only skill involved is how long have you been around. if a long time then you will have all the major things and no one will have a chance of ever beating you as your to far ahead in the game.

DeletedUser3157

Well forem that's kinda an extreme example. I mean u must have done smth very wrong if u have no military bonuses on ur own and ur hood is full of 200-300% defense bonus players. Remember hoods consist of players who have been playing for relatively similar time total. So what the hell were u doing while that other guy was leveling all those GBs :P

Btw I have couple of high defense bonus players in my hood as well, u can look the screenshot in post #19 for example.