• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

closing Thread

• Thread starter DeletedUser114581
  • Start date

DeletedUser114581

could someone tell me how to closed down a thread please ?? thanks

Agent327

Overlord
Totally ridiculous this. Mods state that you have freedom of speech as long as you stick to the rules. Topic startyer can not decide who may answer and who not. Now when you start a thread you become owner of it and can decide all posts can be removed? Very bad decission.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
A better solution than deleting threads would be to make it clear in the forum rules that plundering (etc.) is a feature of the game and that posts whinging about it are not tolerated.

Any player accusing another player of bullying simply for playing according to game rules should be reprimanded for insulting other players, and have their posts deleted.

DeletedUser112892

A better solution than deleting threads would be to make it clear in the forum rules that plundering (etc.) is a feature of the game and that posts whinging about it are not tolerated.

Any player accusing another player of bullying simply for playing according to game rules should be reprimanded for insulting other players, and have their posts deleted.
Not the main topic he was talking about. He was talking about players camping in specific age who have big attack or/and defense bonuses and big amount of points who are in neighborhood of much weaker players.
As player camping in HMA who put effort and did not rush ages, just like minority of players do I disagree with his post and also agree with your post.

DeletedUser112892

Ah - my mistake.

Camping in an age is ok with me. Why delete the thread though?
Because people started explaining how this is the fairest neighborhood generation system and how people should stop complaining about being in neighborhood with much stronger players of their age. So, he requested his thread to be deleted because huge amount of disagreements :)

Emberguard

Legend
yeah they're def fair ways of playing, that wasn't the issue. The issue was they're not all being lumped together in a neighbourhood of campers/high bonus players. Early game you get Iron Age players with no bonuses up against established players with for example 20% attack/defence.

Personally I think a lot of that could be rectified by a tutorial that has to be clicked on the PvP slot before the unlock of that slot is allowed to be accessed as a tutorial with 3 varying degrees of neighbours would at least make players aware of what they're facing.

DeletedUser112892

yeah they're def fair ways of playing, that wasn't the issue. The issue was they're not all being lumped together in a neighbourhood of campers/high bonus players. Early game you get Iron Age players with no bonuses up against established players with for example 20% attack/defence.

Personally I think a lot of that could be rectified by a tutorial that has to be clicked on the PvP slot before the unlock of that slot is allowed to be accessed as a tutorial with 3 varying degrees of neighbours would at least make players aware of what they're facing.
Problem is that they just think about reaching last era, like they will be on throne when they do so. My opinion is that they just don't want to camp in one age, as they might consider it "wasting time". Then, they complain about very advanced players in their hoods, with no reason at all.
They've chosen one path, campers another. They suffer a lot at the end, we suffer at beginning, but then we have much easier path for further advancing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99692

The thread was deleted at the owners request.
@ Praeceptor players who sends in a ticket on the subject are informed that attacking and plundering is part of the game and if necessary are given advice on plunder prevention.

DeletedUser112892

The thread was deleted at the owners request.
@ Praeceptor players who sends in a ticket on the subject are informed that attacking and plundering is part of the game and if necessary are given advice on plunder prevention.
You mods need to make specific threads where everyone should refer newbies who complain about strong neighbours to. Only when they see it written by mod in specific thread, they will understand how to live with it :)