• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

closing Thread

• Thread starter DeletedUser114581
  • Start date

DeletedUser99692

The answer to that is the old adage that you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink. Tell me how many players actually search the forums before they raise topics or for that matter actually read the rules that they agree to abide to when they join the game.

DeletedUser112892

The answer to that is the old adage that you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink. Tell me how many players actually search the forums before they raise topics or for that matter actually read the rules that they agree to abide to when they join the game.
Agree that there aren't many of them. I suggested you just to make a specific thread so we don't spend the whole day explaining them why is that so. We just refer them to that specific thread and end of the story.

DeletedUser112892

I fear that it would be pointless they pay no attention to the advice not to post an Idea that would make the game easier but I will discuss it with the other team members.
Thank you for taking it into consideration. Just, my logic is that they will prefer to hear it from someone who is "higher ranked" than ordinary members :)

Agent327

Overlord
The thread was deleted at the owners request.
@ Praeceptor players who sends in a ticket on the subject are informed that attacking and plundering is part of the game and if necessary are given advice on plunder prevention.

That is strange. All I saw him do is ask for it to be closed as you can see he does in this thread as well.

That you close it on his request I can understand, but that you delete a lot of content from other players as well on his request is rather strange. To me that goes way beyond the point of moderation.

DeletedUser99692

The request for deleting was made in a private message as advised to the player in this thread.

Agent327

Overlord
Even so, I have seen posts being closed, but never deleted. To me that looks rather disrespectful to all that have contributed to that thread. He started a discussion. Players participated in that. To me is does not look right that if a discussion does not go the way a topic starter wants it to go, all contributions can be deleted. That does not really invite to participate.

DeletedUser112892

Even so, I have seen posts being closed, but never deleted. To me that looks rather disrespectful to all that have contributed to that thread. He started a discussion. Players participated in that. To me is does not look right that if a discussion does not go the way a topic starter wants it to go, all contributions can be deleted. That does not really invite to participate.
I agree with Agent here. Thread should be closed, so it prevents players from further discussing it, not just deleted, so all posts just go away like they never existed.
No hard words were used, it was just a debate where two opposing sides were debating (well, one player was debating with everyone else :P)

Last edited by a moderator:
I learn many new things and ideas, here in the forums. Mostly from continuing discussions- at least prior to some recent posters- but even then, other players made valid attempts to logically explain why or why not a point was valid, or enforceable, or even logical when looking at the whole picture. Just because it doesn't play out like an OP wants it to play out, is not a reason to delete all the posts. There is an OP, and then there are all the Other Posters with good arguments- which is what debaters call rebuttals or supporting documentation- that are interesting, a new way of looking at some of the game mechanics for many of us, and very valid to game play as we all experience it moving through the eras. Not a good precedent to have deleting every post in a thread.

Last edited: