• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Christmas Quests

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8709

So you did in fact skip a quest along the way, going by your post. Please state on which world you play and we can tell you through an in-game ticket which one it was.

As for your reply to Blacksmith, it's because in your first post you say 25 and in your second you say 24.
Also you're talking about the last quest. So Blacksmith assumed you meant #25.
But as explained above, you're missing one.

- L

I didn't see anyone call it a Bonus quest until now.. thanks for cleaing that up.

I am certain I did not skip any quests...

I am on East-Nagach playing as Sir Wererick.

(edit) I signed up here with another nick because I did not know how this game compared to Tribal Wars, where people reporting issues got attacked often when they were least able to defend themselves. Now I know battle is not the same, and is limited to once every 24 hours.. (/edit)

As I stated, I have not seen ANY skip buttons for the Christmas Quests... Only a green accept button.

Thanks for looking into it. :-)

Blacksmith: Sorry it wasn't clear I meant the final (of 24) quest, and not the Bonus quest.... I see that confused everyone at first.

Thanks
Another

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser276

Blacksmith: I have to ask, why do you say the quest won't happen until sometime before the 6th, yet Lodroth says I should have already recieved the quest and been able to build the Confectionary.... (edit) If there is a 25th for a Frosty portrait, no thanks... by New Years he will be out of date, LOL (/edit)

Confectionary and final bonus quest are two seperate quests as you have just pointed out in your last post.

It's nice to see a Moderator and CoCommunity Manager can't even agree on the facts of this game.... actually it's sad.

It's nice to see players take pot shots at staff. Maybe if the player explained himself properly without going back over what he said in a concise and organized manner he wont be confusing two different staff with two different sets of information. Just a thought.

Could you please explain why you and Lodroth can't agree on the details?

Because you cant agree on what information you want to give us.

Thanks for answering some hard questions, and not taking this as a personal attack... but you can't both be right...

Have a good day,
Another

its not personal but you need to work on your communication skills and choice of words.

As stated previously and now confirmed with your wording this wont be looked at here in the forums. File an ingame ticket and it can be looked at there at staffs convenience.

DeletedUser8709

Blacksmith: Please don't read emotion into my text, as none is meant.

Neither of us handled this very well... I expected the final quest was part of the 24 Frosty claimed were included this round...

nebunelux's post said 24 of 25, which didn't help any to my belief there were either 24 or 25 (no mention of a Bonus quest as such)

You expected I meant the Bonus quest, which I did not even know about until Lodroth pointed it out as the culprit.

I am sure you are very busy in multiple sections of these forums, and I will try not to take too much more of your valuable time.

I was not taking pot shots... I was confused by two different STAFF who could not agree on how many normal quests there were, BEFORE I realized there even IS a bonus quest.

As to my communication skills, yup, you are right... I am not perfect either, and I appologize for that and any offence you may have taken.

I am 100% certain I have not skipped any Christmas Quests, yet I am stuck at 23 of 24 according to Frosty.

Since I have not clicked on any [SKIP] boxes, it is impossible for me to have missed any quests.

I have provided my in-game name, and if you want me to go through with an official ticket, I will...

But I would rather handle it in the public in case it turns out there is an issue that others face as well.

I will try to be more clear in the future, and as always I am willing to admit if I am wrong... In this case I was just confused at the conflicting quest count because some staff were saying 24 quests, and some were counting the Bonus to the total..

RE: It's nice to see...facts of game - Apparently you both know the same facts, but refer to the LAST quest differently.

I do prefer Lodroth's version... a Bonus is a Bonus and might not be played by some, but will not harm the Christmas Quest completion.

The two of you view the same details differently, and advice based on those views... I never used the word Bonus until I knew such a thing existed.

I am only pointing this out to help you to better help others in the future. If you had asked my meaning instead of assuming what I meant, we would not have wasted so much time (it's not a waste if we both learn from it however)

Thank you for taking on the daunting task of Moderator/Guru/Helper/Advocate/Etc... I know it's a difficult job.. been there, done that. (You can't ever please everyone all of the time)

I do appreciate you taking so much time out of your valuable day!

It makes me want to start a "Thank You, Mods and Managers" thread. I know you guys are under-appreciated.

Lodroth: Thank you for being so cordial and not responding like you were being attacked... +100 Kudos.

Blacksmith: You get +200 Kudos for having to make sense of my scatterbrained posts... I'm not perfect either. :-(

Cheers all!
Another

DeletedUser

i can confuse more:
technical the winter quests are bonus quests. then to the 24 bonus quests is 1 more bonus quest, number 25, so is bonus quest for bonus quests. now ever body know reward for number 25: is profil picture. so if you skip 1 quest is not dramatik you loose profil picture but is not so important. i happy when eastern come then all 75/80 santas and frostys in neibourhood and ally get rabbits haha

@Another: if your frosty now show 24/25, then all is ok and you did not skip quest, you only must wait now. if it show 23/25 now that mean you skip 1 by accident or not finish the 24th quest, but you can still get confectionery when you finish the bonus bonus quest number25. is clear now?

DeletedUser

j0ggy, please refrain from causing more unnecessary confusion and going further off topic.
In addition your comment to Another is wrong. You cannot have 23/25, because the xx/25 only appears after you completed 24/24.
So again, please refrain from causing more confusion and let's stay on topic.

- L

DeletedUser

Hi Lodroth, Im fairly new to the game and this is my first post on the forum. I believe I have completed all tasks so far on the Winter Quest, the last being to gain control of a province. I am now at 23/24 have I missed one?
Kind regards,

DeletedUser

Hey cross4873, welcome to the Forums. :)

It does seem you may have skipped/aborted one (by accident) if you have 23/24 and the quest you're currently on.
Please submit an in-game ticket by right-clicking anywhere in your town, then selecting Support. We'll be able to tell you which you've missed.

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about players having skipped a quest. We've stated it several times on the forums and there's been a head's up in the original Winter Event announcement that if a quest is skipped you won't be able to get the end reward.
Fortunately the devs have decided to give 1 extra Winter Event quest (date unspecified), which will allow players who're stuck at 23/24 to complete their quest anyway. :)

- L

DeletedUser276

specific questions requiring information is to be done via ingame tickets rather than asking publicly in the forums.

this thread is a mess......

DeletedUser

j0ggy, please refrain from causing more unnecessary confusion and going further off topic.
In addition your comment to Another is wrong. You cannot have 23/25, because the xx/25 only appears after you completed 24/24.
So again, please refrain from causing more confusion and let's stay on topic.

- L
I sorry, I make type mistake is not 23/25, is 23/24. Every thing else I write is corect and not off topic, is chrismas quest topic, no?

DeletedUser8709

It shows 23 of 24... been stuck there for days now..

i can confuse more:
technical the winter quests are bonus quests. then to the 24 bonus quests is 1 more bonus quest, number 25, so is bonus quest for bonus quests. now ever body know reward for number 25: is profil picture. so if you skip 1 quest is not dramatik you loose profil picture but is not so important. i happy when eastern come then all 75/80 santas and frostys in neibourhood and ally get rabbits haha

@Another: if your frosty now show 24/25, then all is ok and you did not skip quest, you only must wait now. if it show 23/25 now that mean you skip 1 by accident or not finish the 24th quest, but you can still get confectionery when you finish the bonus bonus quest number25. is clear now?

DeletedUser8709

Lodroth: Thank Diety! That is a fact I didn't know until now...

NO need for a ticket then... all I care about is getting a confectionary... Don't need any more portraits... lol

Thank YOU for clearing THAT detail up for me... (and everyone else)

[edit] Klevito: You sort of answered it too, just not as clearly as Lodroth just did.. skipping one of 25 enables Confectionary, but not Portrait... skipping 2 means no bonus payment...

I did not understand it that way from your initial post here. [/edit]

DeletedUser4333

im on the final quest its 1/1/2013 and i dont know what to do it just says required: congratulations youve finshed all the quests i dont get it

HELP!!!!!

DeletedUser5026

Hey hi im new,

I assume you have gotten your Frosty the Snowman portrait? Is this what you see?:

Winter.JPG
That means that you have completed all the quests of the Winter Event. There is nothing that you need to do (or are able to do, for that matter). The quest giver (jester) will stay on your screen for a few more days, until Jan 6 (when the Winter Event is over). Just ignore it for the time being.

Cheers,
L.R.

DeletedUser

im on the final quest its 1/1/2013 and i dont know what to do it just says required: congratulations youve finshed all the quests i dont get it

HELP!!!!!

Lone Ranger is quite right, you can also go with your mouse over the ! to the right side of the objective to read the ´hint´.

- L

DeletedUser

When does Rinbin go away? It says 6th jan, but its 7th now and hes still there.

DeletedUser5026

Hey Xanaq,

He should be removed soon, just bear with it a little while longer. In any case, he's not particular irritating or an eyesore to have around, is he? Quite puzzled why people cannot wait for him to be gone.

Cheers,
L.R.

DeletedUser

Probably around Valentine? We barely entered January and you're already asking about half February :p
Guess you'll have to wait til a CoMa opens a Valentine's day discussion thread, so let's not get off topic on this one. ;)
On that note, this one could probably be closed now that the Winter Quests are over.

- L

Status
Not open for further replies.