• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Christmas Quests

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Question... If you on a quest in chain to take out a territory/sector but you have already done all possible, what happens?

If you've really taken all sectors already, it should auto-complete :)

DeletedUser7719

It is automatically completed if all provinces on world map (so far) have been gained

DeletedUser4089

No quest today, Christmas day isn't a day for working, it's for spending time with loved ones... or in my case, keeping the forums running smoothly, just the same as every other day of the year. :D

DeletedUser

Is there any way of going back and completing quests? I accidentally clicked decline on one quest so now I can't get the final quest (I have got the 24th one to do as well).

DeletedUser

No you can't go back, once you skip a quest that's it. You should get the 25th quest though, it just hasn't been released yet. (no I don't know when it will be released, not today and before the 6th. Jan).

DeletedUser556

On 26th it seams there is only a diamonds discount... no quests...
I still have 24/25 on the quest line.

DeletedUser10191

A Quest a day meant the 25th bonus quest should have been yesterday. It would have been a perfect Christmas gift for all to receive the Frosty portrait. We got nothing. What a disappointment!

DeletedUser8709

No quest today, Christmas day isn't a day for working, it's for spending time with loved ones... or in my case, keeping the forums running smoothly, just the same as every other day of the year. :D

So much for respecting all races and religions....

Some of us don't celebrate Christmas due to it's connection with certain religions...

That still does not explain why all the other quests were done in advance and the 25th was not...

some people took more than a day for some quests, and others were able to manage 1 a day with ease....

The programmers should have already completed the SET of winter quests...

DeletedUser276

If you dont celebrate Christmas thats your decision. However most people do celebrate it and we do at Innogames. This is in no way disrespectful to other religions or decisions other people have made for what they celebrate or not celebrate.

Though if thats the case I guess we dont really need to have anymore seasonal or holiday quests. Yes... lets penalize players who celebrate holidays and even those that dont celebrate it but get cool buildings and bonus stuff because other people who take offense on something that isnt intended or even close in my personal views of being offensive have taken offense and disclosed their own intolerance of others is more important than the acceptance of something that really has no impact on them at all.

Now this isnt a thread on religious views or debative arguments on peoples lifestyles.

DeletedUser8709

Nobody said intolerance... except you...

I merely wonder why the final quest was not programmed at the same time as ALL of the rest of the quests.

Some people may have taken more time to reach the final quest, but others did not.

Bartimaeus46 said "Christmas day isn't for working" which is directly tied to religion or a view only certain groups of people believe.

He then goes on to say he is going to continue doing his job just like any other day of the year....

(This post is not an attack on him or you...)

I asked for an explanation WHY ALL of the quests, EXCEPT 24, were programmed in advance, but 24 was left till later... that is all.

My final statement was that the programmers should have programmed all events prior to Christmas/Winter break, and those who wanted to play on Christmas, maybe on a new computer, could... and those who wanted to spend more time with their families could...

There is NO penalty for a player sacraficing family time to advance, people do it every day when there are holidays... some people simply have more time to burn playing games regardless...

It would NOT hurt any other players if I EARNED a confectionary ahead of them... some players won't even complete all of the quests anyway, due to unfortunate positions or city compositions, or they just might not actively play enough hours a day to get it done.... Players can ALREADY BUY similar buildings, like a Bakery, that give bonuses to Production...

I don't agree with your statement: " Yes... lets penalize players who celebrate holidays and even those that dont celebrate it but get cool buildings and bonus stuff because other people who take offense on something that isnt intended or even close in my personal views of being offensive have taken offense and disclosed their own intolerance of others is more important than the acceptance of something that really has no impact on them at all."

I don't think you can show any harm to those who celebrate a holiday and don't play vs. those who play, whether or not they believe in the holiday.

I am not offended by Christmas, it sure doesn't mean the same thing as it did over 100 years agoo... now it's all commercialized and there's little of religion left, but I choose not to make an entire day of it.

My daughter DOES know what it is really supposed to be about... We DO celebrate, but not like some millions who would lie to their children about a man flying around the world in a sleigh pulled by flying reindeer.

Please, if you reply at all, try to stick with ONLY showing me how the programmers waiting to initiate the final quest would have hurt players (more than Bakery premium) if they had actually completed programming ahead of the 25th (when they submitted the other quests)

You see, I don't buy that the programmers DIDN'T finish programming the final quest because of a holiday... I am willing to bet the smart people at Innogames paid their programmers to write all of the quests ahead of time. (This idea is proven by the fact that Confectionaries exist already on OTHER FoE servers.. )

DeletedUser7719

If you want my opinion, the reason why the 25th hasn't showed up is because the one that was tested before wasn't... perfect for lower levels (hopefully that wasn't spamming or revealing too much Blacksmith/Lodroth)

DeletedUser

You go by the assumption the 25th quest isn't there because they failed to write it yet and refuse to do so due to Christmas.
That assumption is false.

The 25th quest is ready, and it was intentional not to be there for Christmas.
The final quest is a bonus that will be released somewhere between now and the 6th.

I'm not sure why you had to bring Christmas and the whole argument you have above into this.
They planned it the way they did. Period.

EDIT: I see you're asking why quest 24 was late. It wasn't. You should already be able to build your Confectionary.
If you're missing #24 you've skipped a quest.

- L

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser276

no Byeordie its not :P

and your not correct. Give it a while. It will show up before Jan 6th. its a bonus quest there is a date set into the system and its been there for almost a month so it hasnt been moved or altered due to..... testing or anything.

DeletedUser8709

No, I have not skipped any quests related to the 24/25...

The in game main quest says complete 24... didn't know there was a 25th actually...

My 24th, and supposedly final quest, has not shown up, and I have not skipped any of them (partially because there has not been any skip button, only a green accept button)

It has been IMPOSSIBLE for me to skip any Christmas quests.

That said, I'd like to know why I am not being issued #24 then, if as you say, there are actually 25 and Frosty is wrong when his text says "Finish all 24 winter quests"

23/24....

Again, there's no way I could have skipped one, sine the option did not exist for me to do so.

So, these people saying there's 25 quests.... Which is it, 24 or 25? Frosty says it's 24... is he wrong?

EDIT: I see you're asking why quest 24 was late. It wasn't. You should already be able to build your Confectionary.
If you're missing #24 you've skipped a quest.

- L

DeletedUser8709

Blacksmith: I have to ask, why do you say the quest won't happen until sometime before the 6th, yet Lodroth says I should have already recieved the quest and been able to build the Confectionary.... (edit) If there is a 25th for a Frosty portrait, no thanks... by New Years he will be out of date, LOL (/edit)

those are conflicting scenarios... (one says 24 quests, and the other says 25... and one says the Confectionary is possible now, and the other says later, but by the 6th of January)

It's nice to see a Moderator and CoCommunity Manager can't even agree on the facts of this game.... actually it's sad.

You have been very helpful to so many, I just wonder why the two of you can't agree on this issue that is claimed is not a bug...

By the description, it's looking like my server is the last to get Confectionary for some reason, yet the other servers all have it already... and yet, I don't hear anyone in my guild complaining or questioning the final quest or payout...

I find that very odd...

Could you please explain why you and Lodroth can't agree on the details?

I am a bit confused who I should believe, since you are both here to offer help, and you SHOULD both know what's going on...

Thanks for answering some hard questions, and not taking this as a personal attack... but you can't both be right...

Have a good day,
Another

no Byeordie its not :P

and your not correct. Give it a while. It will show up before Jan 6th. its a bonus quest there is a date set into the system and its been there for almost a month so it hasnt been moved or altered due to..... testing or anything.

DeletedUser

The in game main quest says complete 24... didn't know there was a 25th actually...

My 24th, and supposedly final quest, has not shown up, and I have not skipped any of them (partially because there has not been any skip button, only a green accept button)

It has been IMPOSSIBLE for me to skip any Christmas quests.

That said, I'd like to know why I am not being issued #24 then, if as you say, there are actually 25 and Frosty is wrong when his text says "Finish all 24 winter quests"

23/24....

Again, there's no way I could have skipped one, sine the option did not exist for me to do so.

So, these people saying there's 25 quests.... Which is it, 24 or 25? Frosty says it's 24... is he wrong?

There are 25 quests. 24 + 1 bonus. The 24 quests can be skipped. The couple quests that require you to finish xx/10, xx/22, xx/24 and xx/25 cannot be skipped.
So you did in fact skip a quest along the way, going by your post. Please state on which world you play and your in-game name, and we can tell you through an in-game ticket which one it was.

As for your reply to Blacksmith, it's because in your first post you're talking about the 25th and in your second you say 24.
Also you're talking about the last quest. So Blacksmith assumed you meant #25.
But as explained above, you're missing one.

- L

DeletedUser276

You said 25 quests before... came across to me as you completed the 24 and thought there was a 25th.

there are 24 quests. there is 1 bonus quest.

unfortunately there is no way for me to check as you use a different name here to what you use ingame. Only thing to suggest is to file an ingame ticket and mods there may be able to tell you what quest was skipped if it was. further discussion on this here is moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.